Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Bibs.....again

You can add the Norrona mesh zipper vest to their lofoten regular gore Tex pants too. 600 all in. Usually can get 20% off and end of season there will be even better discounts.

or find prior year Elevenate bec de rosses. Similar setup with the mesh bib. Think evo and backcountry had them for 350 offseason but probably sold out now and would have to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by wilcox510 View Post
    I like bibs with a super low waist. Basically high waisted pants with suspenders... Whats out there? The Stio Environs look nice except I dont want full zips, they appear to have no way to vent without unzipping from the top and then relying on the snaps to hold them together whichI dont think works well. Arcteryx Rush. Flylow Tannen. Mammut Haldigrat. And preferably comes in grey or tan.. Yes I'm picky.. Anything else?
    I want all of this plus a beacon pocket. And I would like at least one large cargo pocket that I can throw gloves into when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    I want all of this plus a beacon pocket. And I would like at least one large cargo pocket that I can throw gloves into when needed.
    If you want soft shell you can go with the heli Hansen Odin. I picked up a pair this year as heli does a decent job with skinny guy fit. The cargo pocket isn’t all that big, but I do throw thin gloves in it. Plus two thigh pockets and a beacon pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MD12 View Post
    You can add the Norrona mesh zipper vest to their lofoten regular gore Tex pants too. 600 all in. Usually can get 20% off and end of season there will be even better discounts.

or find prior year Elevenate bec de rosses. Similar setup with the mesh bib. Think evo and backcountry had them for 350 offseason but probably sold out now and would have to wait.
    Wow, those Elevenate pants are a bit spendy, like $830 retail.. damn

After trying different combos, I'm strongly with Norrona Lofoten Pro. I also have zip in suspenders with one zip pocket and one drop in pocket. My beacon usually sits in the mesh pocket inside the right thigh pocket.
    Full length outside zip vents are more comfortable and less irritating than inner. And they also fit me best. I tried a mesh vest and it was too restrictive. Haven't tried Lofoten Pro Plus yet.
    Tamok bib is also a great option but leaning more towards resort use due to heavy front panel.
    When spring comes, I can move the bib portion to lighter weight Lyngen pants if needed. They are all compatible as long as the size and gender are the same

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Yeah gotta get em offseason. I’ve seen them in summer or fall at like 350 for the prior years.

Wow, those Elevenate pants are a bit spendy, like $830 retail.. damn
    They will go on sale at retailers like Gorsuch for 50-70% off come spring if you keep an eye out

Quote Originally Posted by Shred Baron View Post
    If you want soft shell you can go with the heli Hansen Odin. I picked up a pair this year as heli does a decent job with skinny guy fit. The cargo pocket isn’t all that big, but I do throw thin gloves in it. Plus two thigh pockets and a beacon pocket.

These are softshell? Are they still plenty weatherproof?
    https://www.backcountry.com/helly-ha...HYHZ7PR-BLA-XL

i call bibs

Got my new bibs in the mail, none fit well compared to my old arcteryx thetas.
    Mountain hardware were baggy in the lower legs, tight in the tights/butt, and didn’t move well. Outside leg vents on these. Also mediocre material.
    BC cottonwoods are a nice material but non articulated fit. Mediums fit ok but felt constricted, larges were better for movement but a bit baggy for my taste. Inner thigh vents but no outer ones. Both have massive cuff diameters like a pair of bell bottoms. These are a solid value if you like a loose fit. I think they are all going back.
    I need to find some Norrønas and elevenates to try on. Might try newer arcteryx as well.

Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    Got my new bibs in the mail, none fit well compared to my old arcteryx thetas.
    Mountain hardware were baggy in the lower legs, tight in the tights/butt, and didn’t move well. Outside leg vents on these. Also mediocre material.
    BC cottonwoods are a nice material but non articulated fit. Mediums fit ok but felt constricted, larges were better for movement but a bit baggy for my taste. Inner thigh vents but no outer ones. Both have massive cuff diameters like a pair of bell bottoms. These are a solid value if you like a loose fit. I think they are all going back.
    I need to find some Norrønas and elevenates to try on. Might try newer arcteryx as well.
    Just ordered some Backcountry Cardiac Pro bibs. Will update this thread once I get them. They seem to check all my boxes. Inner/outer vents, Gore Tex Pro, full bib, looser fit, inside leg panels. I'm curious to see if they pan out.

These are softshell? Are they still plenty weatherproof?
    https://www.backcountry.com/helly-ha...HYHZ7PR-BLA-XL
    I actually have those too . I bought those about three years ago, but had to get something for the spring, because I was absolutely baking in them in the spring. They only have one lower thigh pocket which is a beacon pocket, and I prefer a second. The upper is a nice stretchy material and has a beacon pocket too. Super waterproof and durable, just sometimes the full bin and 3L is just too much.

Any feedback on the new north face summit gore Tex bibs? They have 3 options (2 ski 1 mountaineering) that are on sale now. Might order those to try in addition the the Norrona. Lofoten non pros are 30% off right now which is probably as low as they go while in stock.

Any feedback on the new north face summit gore Tex bibs? They have 3 options (2 ski 1 mountaineering) that are on sale now. Might order those to try in addition the the Norrona. Lofoten non pros are 30% off right now which is probably as low as they go while in stock.
    Keep in mind that regular Lofoten is shorter than Pro, Pro Plus and Tamok.

They are a technical instead of regular fit from what I find which should be slimmer but not shorter? It looks like the bib add on is sold out most places too.
    I like the pro plus feature set but not the extra $300.

Quote Originally Posted by Robik View Post
    Keep in mind that regular Lofoten is shorter than Pro, Pro Plus and Tamok.

They are a technical instead of regular fit from what I find which should be slimmer but not shorter? It looks like the bib add on is sold out most places too.
    I like the pro plus feature set but not the extra $300.
    Regular is shorter, less burly and side vents only go to the knee.
    Pro is longer, burlier denier, full side vent zips.
    Zip on bibs only comes standard on the Pro Plus. Pro Plus also has cargo pockets on the sides, hand pockets and vents on the inside of the leg.

Not sure what your size is but here's the available one:

https://www.skiwest.ca/norrona-lofot...-2024-men.html

Bibs.....again

The more I ski in my BD recon stretch pro bibs the more I like them Handled huge temp fluctuations well with some rain mixed in yesterday Loose enough for layers underneath but not baggy Super durable and bead water great

Plus their colors are great

Name:  Image1706984335.291798.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  26.1 KB

Name:  Image1706984412.147896.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  33.1 KB
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Anyone tried, or at least seen the Stellar stuff?

https://www.stellarequipment.com/pro...l-bibs2-khaki/

Anyone tried, or at least seen the Stellar stuff?

https://www.stellarequipment.com/pro...l-bibs2-khaki/
    I would guess it's the same type of deal as Montec or Dope, but for rad backcountry-bigmountain folks.

^^^ton more $$$ than the 2 other brands you mention - i ordered/tried on the stellar 2.0 - nice but very thin material.....was hoping it was burlier.
    also tried Beringia - real nice, couldn't swing the $650-$700 though for each piece.

Short bibs (high waisted pants with suspenders), none of that mesh vest style stuff (I don't need more layers on my torso), with beacon pocket. Who makes it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Short bibs (high waisted pants with suspenders), none of that mesh vest style stuff (I don't need more layers on my torso), with beacon pocket. Who makes it?
    Patagonia Untracked Bibs? I've never seen them in person, they've been on my list to check out. Spendy for sure.

https://www.patagonia.com/product/me...ibs/29904.html

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    ^^^ton more $$$ than the 2 other brands you mention - i ordered/tried on the stellar 2.0 - nice but very thin material.....was hoping it was burlier.
    also tried Beringia - real nice, couldn't swing the $650-$700 though for each piece.
    Beringia stuff looks awesome. How was the fabric - burly enough or more on the thinner side?

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Stafe cham pants