Page 75 of 665 FirstFirst ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 16616

Thread: Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    What the fuck? I never met him, but who is Meathelmet, and why are you loving that shit?... Who is this Meathelmet, a CIA top dude? If not, perverse.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Janes has a really nice writeup but I only have paper copy. Will try to scan in
    Great, appreciated!

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    That option should be held open. Freezing assets is fine. They belong to the oligarchs. Not ours to take. The Russian people might have a claim, but that's for them to sort out.

And obscene wealth/redistribution goes in a different thread.
    Man it takes balls to say “criminal assets registered in our country aren’t subject to us” when even the Swiss are taking sides. Eesh tgr Tory’s called out the white shoes that defend in parliament . Not much different from 1MDB - the oligarchs got there because of theft and fraud. The rule of law is strengthened by repossessing the fruits of crime, not weakened.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Man it takes balls to say “criminal assets registered in our country aren’t subject to us” when even the Swiss are taking sides. Eesh tgr Tory’s called out the white shoes that defend in parliament . Not much different from 1MDB - the oligarchs got there because of theft and fraud. The rule of law is strengthened by repossessing the fruits of crime, not weakened.
    If we show they are criminal proceeds, then by all means take them. Again they'd be held for the crime victims. Same with all the similar money from elsewhere in the world. "You can steal and bank with us until we don't like you" does not strengthen rule of law.

Fuck Putin

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post

Great, appreciated!
    So what you are saying is.... you actually have compromising Video of benny stealing breakfast meat? And if he's not careful it might end up in some vail resorts email account? Woah!
    The corrupt agents of the new world order really know how to stifle well informed dissent!
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Posted by bike forun friends, likely posted here already but I have better things to do than scan 40 pages of Bunny Blather, DJG shit this morning

politico.com/world-war-iii-already-there
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    From a humanitarian/Freedom Eagle standpoint this is a travesty.

From a Machiavellian power dynamic standpoint, Russia getting into a quagmire in a country we don’t really relate to while we gobble up contracts on energy supply and drill baby drill is a pretty decent outcome for the US. And it may force Europe and/or USA to innovate and get around to solving the climate issue without all the easy Russian natural gas flowing.

Or maybe it’ll just kill a lot of people. Ugh this sucks.
    No it isn't a good play. You want at least a semi-competent Russia as a counterbalance to China. Why do you think China is basically ghosting Russia right now? They're on the verge of being THE superpower in the region, with only India and Japan as potential blocking forces which only work if they team up.

Not to mention it sinks a bunch of European resources into their own space rather than available for force projection, so your allies are more anchored to their individual regions.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    OK this is half a joke, but can we donate our old gobros to ukraine? I mean, its not like they'll really help the war effort all that much, but what else do you do with obsolete older gopros?
    In your case, I would recommend you shove it up your ass until it tickles your tonsils.

Id imagine thats already most of the footy. Best to try another angle....please

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    I leave that to the diplomats and generals.
    So you’re not going to issue the orders yourself? How gracious of you.

There was a Ukrainian MP on BBC Newshour Friday or over the weekend, who made an interesting point regarding sanctions, and I have to say I agree with his take.

His argument was that sanctions need to hurt the average russian citizen in order to be effective. People with huge amounts of wealth all over the world aren't going to feel any sort of real pain from the sanctions that are being imposed, but if average russians can't afford food, or the rest of the world refuses to import any medical supplies, the internal opposition to the war will force a change in course for putin.

No way Putin gives a shit about regular people, come on man.

Putin cares about the 2024 election
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    There was a Ukrainian MP on BBC Newshour Friday or over the weekend, who made an interesting point regarding sanctions, and I have to say I agree with his take.

His argument was that sanctions need to hurt the average russian citizen in order to be effective. People with huge amounts of wealth all over the world aren't going to feel any sort of real pain from the sanctions that are being imposed, but if average russians can't afford food, or the rest of the world refuses to import any medical supplies, the internal opposition to the war will force a change in course for putin.
    The personal attacks in this thread are tiresome, so I’m not going to call you or this MP a dumbass, but come the fuck on. Even if the West just left in place the currently huge set of sanctions, Russia is looking at double digit economic contraction, ruble value is shit, citizens are limited to how many USD they can grab…and average savings they have are low anyway…Russia’s many pensioners won’t get paid or will get even less (in an inflationary environment!), and as you’ve read from first hand accounts in this thread, there will be tons of white collar Russians out of a job if that job directly or indirectly involves foreign companies. Economists predict the regular Russians may be forced to a barter economy soon.

And China does not seem motivated to help out. In fact lately they seem to be condemning the invasion in stronger terms.

All imported essentials like food and medicine will become incredibly expensive and scarce in Russia. Nobody, incl Putin, was expecting such a broad and devastating set of sanctions so soon. Hell even Biden, the driver of this bus, is probably amazed. Remember how recently SPRINT was referred to as the nuclear option?
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Putin will win by a landslide in the 2024 “election”.
    Fify

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    The personal attacks in this thread are tiresome, so I’m not going to call you or this MP a dumbass, but come the fuck on. Even if the West just left in place the currently huge set of sanctions, Russia is looking at double digit economic contraction, ruble value is shit, citizens are limited to how many USD they can grab…and average savings they have are low anyway…Russia’s many pensioners won’t get paid or will get even less (in an inflationary environment!), and as you’ve read from first hand accounts in this thread, there will be tons of white collar Russians out of a job if that job directly or indirectly involves foreign companies. Economists predict the regular Russians may be forced to a barter economy soon.
    Yeah, no argument there, which it why it must have been Friday of last week when I heard the interview. Things are unfolding economically that will accomplish the same end goal, but it wasn't quite as clear 5 days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post

I think the ruble closing in on 110:1, so to your point this may be starting. That hurts people.
    north bound horse.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post

And China does not seem motivated to help out. In fact lately they seem to be condemning the invasion in stronger terms.

All imported essentials like food and medicine will become incredibly expensive and scarce in Russia. Nobody, incl Putin, was expecting such a broad and devastating set of sanctions so soon. Hell even Biden, the driver of this bus, is probably amazed. Remember how recently SPRINT was referred to as the nuclear option?
    This is the thing I don't understand. Surely he planned for this contingency. The globe is so interconnected and even Russia has many, many soft spots. As others have said, it makes me wonder what their next steps are because this will crush their country.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    This is the thing I don't understand. Surely he planned for this contingency. The globe is so interconnected and even Russia has many, many soft spots. As others have said, it makes me wonder what their next steps are because this will crush their country.
    He thought he had built up large enough reserves ($600B+) to insulate him/Russia from traditional sanctions. What he didn't expect was the sanctioning of their Central Bank and near complete financial quarantine. As far as I know, this level of sanctions, especially this quickly, is unprecedented.

Can an entire country’s economy be operated via bitcoin?

Ukraine

Yes, theoretically
    But any success is ultimately contingent on the need to interact with the world re: trade

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Ack! Don't bring the postulating bitcoin bros into this, shhhhhhhhhh......

the resistance is spreading:
    https://twitter.com/tadeuszgiczan/st...521602560?s=21

Turkey also denied requests for a couple of warships to pass...
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

If SWIFT sanctions only apply to 7 of Russia's banks there's no need to worry about bitcoin. They're still getting paid for all the oil we buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    No

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    So what you are saying is.... you actually have compromising Video of benny stealing breakfast meat?
    Benny pocketing meat is a video that no one wants to see, but alas, we as a democratic society might have to face the grimmest of sights.

#resist #pocketmeat #cleptobenny

The floggings will continue until morale improves.