Page 55 of 665 FirstFirst ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 16620

Thread: Ukraine

And what qualifications does Summit have to be "explaining" all of this stuff to some of you? He comes across as a nerdy war-fetishist who's had a priapic hardon since the moment the missiles started flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    But then, who would buy the real estate and Mercedes?

Texans. They seem to have the same predilection for gaudy, gauche, sickeningly ostentatious architecture as the russians.

Is the Ukrainian air force still a thing? I haven't heard a word about them since the "Ghost of Kyiv" business. Just wondering.

I am wondering how you get the planes in. Do the Ukrainian pilots go out of country and fly them back in? Do volunteers from the donating countries fly them in to combat, land and go back home?

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    way to much shiney bling on the cap buster
    but once them rounds start headin your way
    ya figure that out fast
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

The Ukrainian soldiers who were defending Snake Island — the ones with a pointed message towards the Russian ship attacking them — are actually alive, the Ukrainian navy has announced.
    Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.

Whoops. I guess the Capricorn One scenario didnt work out.

This morning in Mother Wussia....

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

How do we get Benny a ride on a russian transport plane?

I'd also settle for getting him into a nice, top floor apartment in a high rise in Kharkiv.

Whoops. I guess the Capricorn One scenario didnt work out.
    That’s actually a decent movie.

Good utuber leaving kyiv

https://youtu.be/hzBxFH_hEwA

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    There is more to NATO and US policy than the text of Article 5.

I suggest this as the relevant summary in USAF nuclear doctrine as the briefest you'll find on Extended Nuclear Deterrence, which is the policy and concept at hand.

This concept has been present and stabilizing for over 60 years. The relevant NATO policy discussion is here.

"The supreme guarantee of the security of the Allies is provided by the strategic nuclear forces of the Alliance, particularly those of the United States"

However, the source of truth is the US Nuclear Posture Review. 2018 is the latest, but there is currently one underway that was started late last year which will critically address the sudden and massive Chinese nuclear forces expansion.

"Assurance of Allies and Partners

The United States has formal extended deterrence commitments that assure European, Asian, and Pacific allies. Assurance is a common goal based on collaboration with allies and partners to deter or defeat the threats we face. No country should doubt the strength of our extended deterrence commitments or the strength of U.S. and allied capabilities to deter, and if necessary defeat, any potential adversary’s nuclear or nonnuclear aggression. In many cases, effectively assuring allies and partners depends on their confidence in the credibility of U.S. extended nuclear deterrence"

Attend pages 54-55 in that PDF for a discussion of Russia and deterring limited nuclear strikes by Russia in the "escalate to deescalate" role, but note that it is most specifically referring to use against US and protected allies subject to extended deterrence like NATO which is covered on pages 58-60. NPRs are public so that our clear stance is visible to friend and foe alike.

"Effective deterrence is the foundation for effective assurance. Allies under the U.S. nuclear umbrella, and potential adversaries, should not doubt our extended deterrence commitments or our ability and willingness to fulfill them."

Assurances cannot and do not waver here. This is nothing new. The certitude of our promises are the cornerstone of deterring aggression.

If you have two hours to kill, here is a 2019 discussion of extended nuclear deterrence.
    Thank you summit. I will scare myself after my swim.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Is the Ukrainian air force still a thing? I haven't heard a word about them since the "Ghost of Kyiv" business. Just wondering.
    Losses are mounting but the Ukrainian air force is still a thing. NATO also has AWACS planes flying over Poland supplying info to the Ukrainian military and American volunteers are on the ground coordinating with the Ukrainian air force. Poland and other former eastern block members are sending MIGS, although it might take time for Ukrainian pilots to get up to speed. The Ukrainians also have armed drones.

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    I've seen that dude once or twice before. Quite a sight to behold. I used to come across the AN-124 more tho. Or as we called it, the C-5ski. Russian pilots actually invited us on board for a tour and it was fascinating to say the least. Although built around the same time as the C-5 and kinda resembled it in typical commie copycat fashion (+ a few inches longer so they could brag theirs was bigger), it felt more like it was out of the WWII era. Ancient avionics, a wooden cargo floor, a non-pressurized cargo compartment, the list goes on. Really was a great example of how far ahead of the Russians we ACTUALLY were in the 60s/70s. On the outside, they looked plenty impressive. On the inside, they were total junk. Those aircrews do make the most of them though, I'll give em that.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    ..Poland and other former eastern block members are sending MIGS, although it might take time for Ukrainian pilots to get up to speed.
    Thanks for the info. Just to clarify, from the article, it appears that the Ukrainians could pretty much jump in and fly Mig and Sukhoi aircraft, but it would take them time to get up to speed on other aircraft they're not trained on such as F-16's (not surprisingly).

One of those massive Antonovs lands at SeaTac every July, gets filled with Rainier cherries, and fly’s back to Russia. I wonder if we will see it this year?

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

IRL I get asked why Israel is sitting on the fence. https://www.timesofisrael.com/why-is...n-ukraine/amp/

I assume Biden is pressuring Israel to provide significant cyber war resources. Seems like a no brainer, along with the blankets and shit.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

I wanted to wake up to hear that there was peace in Ukraine, that Putin had "retired to his Dacha," and Russia wanted to partner with the West instead of being adversaries.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    One of those massive Antonovs lands at SeaTac every July, gets filled with Rainier cherries, and fly’s back to Russia. I wonder if we will see it this year?

So Chekhov was full of shit then?

For those involved in the водка wars, don't forget that Ukraine puts out some fabulous spirits. My go to for vodka and brandy is Shevkoff. While they make a great vodka and all, their brandy is absolutely off the chain. Support Ukrainian brands! There are many if you actually take a closer look next time you browse the aisles.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    IRL I get asked why Israel is sitting on the fence. https://www.timesofisrael.com/why-is...n-ukraine/amp/

I assume Biden is pressuring Israel to provide significant cyber war resources. Seems like a no brainer, along with the blankets and shit.
    They wouldn't even sell Pegasus to Ukraine a couple of years ago despite giving it to journalist murdering regimes because they didn't want to piss off Russia. Lethal aid would jeopardize their missions in Syria, so I don't see it happening.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Thanks for the info. Just to clarify, from the article, it appears that the Ukrainians could pretty much jump in and fly Mig and Sukhoi aircraft, but it would take them time to get up to speed on other aircraft they're not trained on such as F-16's (not surprisingly).
    To add, military and humanitarian supplies are still getting flown in to airfields in western Ukraine. Russia does not control the airspace. There are also few reports of Russian aircraft directly supporting troops in contact with Ukrainian infantry. That might be a comms issue, poor training, logistics due to a lack of forward bases, or the fact that Ukraine has MANPADS and fighter jets.

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post

There was only one.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague