Page 460 of 665 FirstFirst ... 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 ... LastLast
Results 11,476 to 11,500 of 16603

Thread: Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by Skistack View Post
    Umm, its called nuclear deterrence. Been around for 60 years or so? Russia has been told that if you do X, this will be our response. There's alot of really smart people at the Pentagon that think about this shit all day, every day.

Riiightt… because 2022 has been like any other yr in the pst 60 yrs.

Trust me assholes, the planners at the pentagon are fucking worried. And they are not on Putins payroll either.

Dunces.

Crazy how many people are still salty about Zelensky standing strong against Donald Trump's blackmail and Vladimir Putin's aggression. Putin’s Useful Idiots. But in spite of everything, it has been a monumental year— for democracy.

Putin’s days are numbered: The weaker Russia gets, the better it is for Ukraine and the rest of the world. If drowning in your own shit is the only way for us to accept the loss - let it be so, there is nothing more important than to end this war. Russia was given enough chances.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Hopefully Drumpf isn't still running that show

On another note (heh) the best Christmas song, Carol of the Bells, goes so hard the best Christmas movie used it for a sound track. The song is Ukrainian! It was composed by a Ukrainian (Mykola Leontovych) based on a Ukrainian folk song and the lyrics were written by a Ukrainian-American (Peter J. Wilhousky).

Hey Comrade Este

Have you come up with a good reason yet as to why Putin can't just stop his invasion of another sovereign nation and go home?

You must have handed over your lunch money to a bully every day as a kid - and then told yourself it was the honorable thing to do as a defense mechanism for you ego.

Iranian Shahed (+other) Drones use Austrian produced engines - usually used in jet skis, snow mobiles, small planes etc...
    https://www.technology.org/2022/10/2...trian-engines/

interestingly lots of those engines were stolen in past decade from small planes etc.

Ukraine re-engineered the drones now and struck some oil depods already as it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    On another note (heh) the best Christmas song, Carol of the Bells, goes so hard the best Christmas movie used it for a sound track. The song is Ukrainian! It was composed by a Ukrainian (Mykola Leontovych) based on a Ukrainian folk song and the lyrics were written by a Ukrainian-American (Peter J. Wilhousky).

One of the many horrors from the European East:
    Leontovych was killed by a Sovjet secret agent after his song got famous. Short story: Leontovych invited a man into his home, gave food and shelter - this man, the secret agent, killed him and the whole family simply for beeing Ukrainian and highlighting Ukrainian culture.

Some UA friends were telling me all these stories and historical events, most of which i forgot as it were simply too many, last year. other friends from ex-Sovjet countries highlighted similar stories/events. Yet, just a few hundred km west, noone knows about all these crimes and horrors or, we simply are not interested in those russian fairytales and believe in a big united Russian state.

On a side: might be a good idea for Americans to put some more effort into re-thining the historical events regarding their native people.

Crazy how many people are still salty about Zelensky standing strong against Donald Trump's blackmail and Vladimir Putin's aggression. Putin’s Useful Idiots. But in spite of everything, it has been a monumental year— for democracy.

Putin’s days are numbered: The weaker Russia gets, the better it is for Ukraine and the rest of the world. If drowning in your own shit is the only way for us to accept the loss - let it be so, there is nothing more important than to end this war. Russia was given enough chances.
    I wish I had high confidence you are right. I can see Putin continuing his bombardment until there is nothing left of any Ukrainian cities. Last summer it was reported they were running our of munitions, tanks etc, not sure that has proven out. He has unlimited manpower, he does not care if they are trained or untrained, five or six of his fighters killed for every Ukrainian works for him. His patience is unlimited, if he wants to grind away for three or four years I don't think there will be anything left for him to conquer. I sense some European countries already getting tired of it. FWIW through October the US had supplied 27 billion $ in aid. Next closest is UK with $3.7, Poland $1.8, Germany $1.2 and rounding out the top ten is Sweden with $250 million. Oh guess who doesn't make the top ten, fucking France. We wondered what Putin's end game will be when he didn't succeed in a couple of weeks, unfortunately I think we know what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post

Trust me assholes, the planners at the pentagon are fucking worried. And they are not on Putins payroll either.

Dunces.
    Trust you? What’s your insight here? Former defense intelligence? Like, are we days away from Armageddon? I’d like to know so I can prepare

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

MU, if you're not going to trust the word of the criminally privileged spawn of boot-licking collaborators in a banana republic on this then I'm just not sure we're ever going to reach a consensus.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    Last summer it was reported they were running our of munitions, tanks etc, not sure that has proven out. He has unlimited manpower, he does not care if they are trained or untrained, five or six of his fighters killed for every Ukrainian works for him.
    There are signs that back up the Russian materiel shortage. The change to Iranian drones from missiles, for example.

Also, if you look at the Russian losses numbers that the Ukrainian MOD updates daily there's been a trend showing up in the last month or so, especially post-Kherson: a huge uptick in personel "eliminated" (including POW?) while advanced weapons, most notably planes, missiles, ships and air defense have been well below the conflict average. I haven't seen this turned into a graph yet, but it's probably out there.

A lot of that probably reflects Ukraine's shift of offensive focus and the basic horror of trench warfare currently, but it's also Russia using up what they still have. Whether those humans are actually limitless remains to be seen.

Dunces.
    Yes. This is obviously a once in a millennium situation that requires us to completely rewrite the existing playbook.

So what’s the plan? Let’s pretend you’re appointed Commander in Chief today. Walk us through what steps you’d take, and what the desired outcome would look like.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post

fuck that bullshit. I think it’s totally rigged. Every year earth wins? Every single year? There’s some hot bitches on Neptune.

fact.

He has unlimited manpower, he does not care if they are trained or untrained, five or six of his fighters killed for every Ukrainian works for him. His patience is unlimited, if he wants to grind away for three or four years I don't think there will be anything left for him to conquer.
    Russia does not have unlimited manpower. Russia is already running out of young men. They are running television adds encouraging middle aged men to join the military so that the men can buy iPhones for their teenage daughters. That's how desperate they are for manpower. The money Russian soldiers receive from their deployments will disappear in months. The trauma and anger from their mistreatment will not.

Consider Russia's weakening economy. They are seeing declining energy revenue and at the same time increasing costs of war, That doesn't bode well for the Russian people´s education, healthcare, infrastructure etc. It will take a decade just to replace the Army equipment lost in Ukraine. To do that the Defense Industry will compete for the same people the armed forces want to deploy. On top of that, the smartest people have already fled the country. The endless corruption and theft will eat away at their remaining resources.

Once otherwise apathetic middle class Russians realize it's no longer possible to ignore cruel corrupt politics Putin will start losing control. Rather than grinding away at Ukraine for several more years, 2023 could see the beginning stages of the Russian Federation's dissolution. We need to prepare for the possibility of the Soviet Union's final collapse.

Yes. This is obviously a once in a millennium situation that requires us to completely rewrite the existing playbook.

So what’s the plan? Let’s pretend you’re appointed Commander in Chief today. Walk us through what steps you’d take, and what the desired outcome would look like.

I’d say that’s pretty obvious. He cuts off all military support of Ukraine and begins lifting sanctions gradually. He watches Ukrainian’s troops be slaughtered, the women and children, raped, killed and the survivors re-educated, and washes it all down with denial and the comfort of knowing his family is perfectly safe and they are able to buy gas for as cheap as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Hey Cono, remember what happened the last time 'America First' Isolationists ignored a massive global threat to democracy?
    If you haven’t listened to Rachel Mad Ultra podcast, you should. Absolutely insane story of the first America First movement. They weren’t ignoring the threat, they were part of it.

I wish I had high confidence you are right. I can see Putin continuing his bombardment until there is nothing left of any Ukrainian cities. Last summer it was reported they were running our of munitions, tanks etc, not sure that has proven out. He has unlimited manpower, he does not care if they are trained or untrained, five or six of his fighters killed for every Ukrainian works for him. His patience is unlimited, if he wants to grind away for three or four years I don't think there will be anything left for him to conquer. I sense some European countries already getting tired of it. FWIW through October the US had supplied 27 billion $ in aid. Next closest is UK with $3.7, Poland $1.8, Germany $1.2 and rounding out the top ten is Sweden with $250 million. Oh guess who doesn't make the top ten, fucking France. We wondered what Putin's end game will be when he didn't succeed in a couple of weeks, unfortunately I think we know what it is.
    Oh look, it’s a dipshit spewing bad numbers because he’s a dipshit. That’s publicly announced aide, which ain’t everything - France is over that number, but yer a dipshit.

anyways, every contrarian usa dipshit spewing stupid shit is doing so because that’s who they are. A dipshit.

speaking of, it’s funny to see that apparently Ukraine requested a-10 early in the war and the us said no.

Russia does not have unlimited manpower. Russia is already running out of young men. They are running television adds encouraging middle aged men to join the military so that the men can buy iPhones for their teenage daughters. That's how desperate they are for manpower. The money Russian soldiers receive from their deployments will disappear in months. The trauma and anger from their mistreatment will not.
    No, no, no. When you’ve got unlimited manpower you turn your senior jet maintenance techs into IFV commanders so they can get pasted while commanding 50 year old obese alcoholic draftees

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Oh look, it’s a dipshit spewing bad numbers because he’s a dipshit. That’s publicly announced aide, which ain’t everything - France is over that number, but yer a dipshit.

anyways, every contrarian usa dipshit spewing stupid shit is doing so because that’s who they are. A dipshit.

speaking of, it’s funny to see that apparently Ukraine requested a-10 early in the war and the us said no.
    Well especially since he's ignoring the EU numbers, which are largely coming from German and French Budgets.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Unless Putin is assassinated this will go on. There is no sign of compromise on either side and things are slowly escalating. We’ve been told a pack of lies about Russia losing the war and they are echoed in here everyday by a bunch of cheerleading pussies who still believe in 2016 Putin election conspiracies. I think that’s what it’s about for many of you.

Meanwhile I read shit in here how we’re lucky to see our biggest foe being wiped out with our weapons but without loss of our soldiers and makes me Ill.

Anyone removing the threat of WMD’s from the equation is a complete dunce.

I think this ends with a direct confrontation between NATO and Russia. How that ends? Flip a coin.

Why are you here? We, as a group, seem to be distressing you greatly with our world views. Wouldn’t you feel better if you just stayed in your own cocoon?

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Why are you here? We, as a group, seem to be distressing you greatly with our world views. Wouldn’t you feel better if you just stayed in your own cocoon?

You clowns have no world view.

WW3 has already started and you treat it like a video game.

I’m here to tell you what an asshole many of you are.

Merrry Xmas. I’m going skiing. While there is snow.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post

Not bad numbers. As of mid November the EU & its member countries combined have provided 45% of the amount the US has given Ukraine in military aid. This is before the latest commitment of $1.8 billion in the recently passed budget amendment.

I am not at all against US aid, I just wish the French Italy etc would show something other than minimal support.

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-ato...es-eur-8b.html

The members of the EU are seeing daily impacts to their lives that we are not.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

You clowns have no world view.

WW3 has already started and you treat it like a video game.

I’m here to tell you what an asshole many of you are.

Merrry Xmas. I’m going skiing. While there is snow.
    How can you ski during this existential crisis?