Page 127 of 665 FirstFirst ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,175 of 16620

Thread: Ukraine

Good stirep with maps of troop movement:
    https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...312789508.html

Concerning potential encirclements of Ukrainian forces from Russian/Belarussian advances E of Kyiv.

Ukranians are demoing more bridges and some irrigation dikes to flood areas in front of the Russian advance.

Ukraine is hard to defend with no real natural defensive lines except the Dnieper River. Luckily for Ukraine, it is mud season, so almost all Russian advances are along roads with little movement across the countryside.
    Last edited by Summit; 03-09-2022 at 03:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

I don't know whether it's been covered, but ukraine Was open to neutrality in a German TV Interview yesterday evening. (Some ukrainian official.)
    But Putin does not want presidential negotiations and a cease fire.

The ukraonian guy hopes for a breakthrough with the foreign Minister Meeting.

Ukraine just wants hard guarantees for the Status because you know Putin is well known to be an honest Partner
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

More chump treason/incompetence. Quelle Surprise

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...edgdhp&pc=U531

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post

I remember reading an article about the artillery bombardments in Lukhansk or Donetsk in 2018 and being shocked fighting was still going on. At a distance it's easy to forget, or lose track, or just not know about conflicts, and to forget about the normal people who end up trying to live through and around them.
    Since 2014, UN offered to bring piece keepers i to the Donbas region eleven times. Some at request od Ukrainian government. Some on their own UN insensitive. All eleven offers were rejected by moscow and moscow puppets in donbas.

Maybe I've been watching too many Youtube video's about Russians, but I get the sense if Ukrainians just leave cases of vodka along all the roads and reverse all the street signs showing which way to Kiyv, this thing could be over quickly.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    I expect it to escalate. Not some bold prediction, either it will or it won't. Seems more likely to get worse than better in the near to medium term, to me. FWIW
    If Putin doesn't get his way and remains alive this is a pretty solid prediction.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Good stirep with maps of troop movement:
    Very good and seemingly objective read on the situation on the ground. Good share.
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Maybe I've been watching too many Youtube video's about Russians, but I get the sense if Ukrainians just leave cases of vodka along all the roads and reverse all the street signs showing which way to Kiyv, this thing could be over quickly.
    Sounds straight out of Looney Tunes. It's so crazy, it just might work. I love it!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Last edited by MontuckyFried; 03-09-2022 at 09:01 AM.

All these reports of mud by bogging down the Russians…the silver lining of having the Olympics hosted by the Chinese.

Maybe I need to start looking at weather forecasts there.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    All these reports of mud by bogging down the Russians…the silver lining of having the Olympics hosted by the Chinese.

Maybe I need to start looking at weather forecasts there.
    That thaw is why we were so sure they would go when they did. Imagine if that muddy swamp makes it really difficult for them to support their forces already there and leaves them trapped, unable to pull back if Ukraine gets the upper hand??
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by bluespark View Post
    More chump treason/incompetence. Quelle Surprise

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...edgdhp&pc=U531
    Wow, that's on par with removing Obama's pandemic response team in China.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    That thaw is why we were so sure they would go when they did. Imagine if that muddy swamp makes it really difficult for them to support their forces already there and leaves them trapped, unable to pull back if Ukraine gets the upper hand??
    Isn’t this what happened to the Russians during World War II in addition to freezing to death?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    `•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.? ??´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

This fertilizer shortage and price hike will effect food prices for a long time, even if Putin pulled back today.

Fertilizer giant Yara slashes production in Europe https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/09/busin...ara/index.html

I expect it to escalate. Not some bold prediction, either it will or it won't. Seems more likely to get worse than better in the near to medium term, to me. FWIW
    More escalation doom and gloom, from the economist.

https://youtu.be/2s13sOvSTgA

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    All these reports of mud
    It's why VT would never fear an invasion in late March or early April.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Wondering if there will be some kind of coordinated OPEC retaliation given reports of SAU and UAE passing on calls with Biden.

Quote Originally Posted by Pow4Brains View Post
    Isn’t this what happened to the Russians during World War II in addition to freezing to death?

Yes, if you meant to say the Germans invading Russia.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Apparently we've got 100K troops in thre ground in Europe.

Newspaper sez Biden just sent more.
    Assuming that’s correct, our troop numbers in Europe have increased by 20k since 2020
    https://www.nationalguard.mil/News/A...aving-ukraine/

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Sounds like a cold snap is bearing down on the area, down to below 0 Fahrenheit.

The ground will harden but those convoys will burn more fuel to stay alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    It's why VT would never fear an invasion in late March or early April.
    People rest easy in Terrace in early to mid May for the same reason.

On another note, that video piece a few posts ago by the Economist was sobering but good.

Quote Originally Posted by This End Up View Post
    More escalation doom and gloom, from the economist.

https://youtu.be/2s13sOvSTgA
    Thanks. Pretty much right in line with my thoughts. imo Putin clearly needs to get dead, pronto. At any cost. I don't say that flippantly. At any cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood26 View Post
    International Atomic Energy Agency has lost contact with Chernobyl.
    Thanks. Pretty much right in line with my thoughts. imo Putin clearly needs to get dead, pronto. At any cost. I don't say that flippantly. At any cost.
    It sounds like the clock is ticking on how long backup power can keep things "safe" at Chernobyl...what I read was 48 hours of backup power. If Russia causes a nuclear plant to meltdown is that not a reason to commit NATO forces? I get that Russia is downwind of it but sometimes weather changes and regardless if I'm in Europe or not I don't want the Russian's trying to contain such a situation. To that end, yes Putin needs to stop breathing.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by This End Up View Post
    This fertilizer shortage and price hike will effect food prices for a long time, even if Putin pulled back today.

Fertilizer giant Yara slashes production in Europe https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/09/busin...ara/index.html
    No worries.

We have an endless supply of bullshit, the GOP

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Logistics

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    It sounds like the clock is ticking on how long backup power can keep things "safe" at Chernobyl...what I read was 48 hours of backup power. If Russia causes a nuclear plant to meltdown is that not a reason to commit NATO forces? I get that Russia is downwind of it but sometimes weather changes and regardless if I'm in Europe or not I don't want the Russian's trying to contain such a situation. To that end, yes Putin needs to stop breathing.
    Why would backup power be off? Didn’t they just cut the data feed to the IAEA?