Katana or Cochise

I was wondering if anyone had been on both of these and could offer a comparison?

Katana or Cochise

Quote Originally Posted by skiburgher View Post
    I was wondering if anyone had been on both of these and could offer a comparison?
    I have. I preferred the Katana but the Cochise is also a very good ski. There is lots of info in the Cochise 106 and Katana 108 threads. Also, the Blister Gear reviews are very accurate for both skis.

But remember, this is TGR. You’re going to get a lot of “the one I bought is better even though I haven’t skied both”.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Thanks. I had the old Cochise 108 and liked it especially in Big Sky crap. It’s a bit burley for my 63 year old legs in tighter terrain and the newer Cochise looks to be more forgiving. But I’ve been enjoying my M6s on our dry days. My guess is that I can’t go wrong either way

I have and preferred the Katana 108 head and shoulders above the Cochise 106, and previous gen Cochise is one of my all time faves FWIW.

Lotsa info in their respective threads, including some comparisons from others. IMO you could try both and find out for yourself, or get the K108 and save yourself some time.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

And it looks like last year’s Katana is the same as this year’s, so a deal should be easy to find

Thanks. I had the old Cochise 108 and liked it especially in Big Sky crap. It’s a bit burley for my 63 year old legs in tighter terrain and the newer Cochise looks to be more forgiving. But I’ve been enjoying my M6s on our dry days. My guess is that I can’t go wrong either way
    I skied the OG Cochises as my main ski until I got the current Katanas last year. They’ve totally replaced my Cochises. I also have a pair of M6 that I only use when the snow is really hard. The Katanas imo are more forgiving and overall easier to ski. I’m 5’10” and 182 and have the 184s.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

And it looks like last year’s Katana is the same as this year’s, so a deal should be easy to find
    Not sure what size you are looking for but someone posted a brand new pair of k108 177s for a decent price on here recently.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

I have a pair of 177 K108s with OG Attack demo bindings that I’d sell if you’re looking for used. Phantom’ed and one day on them after a fresh grind. They’re in pretty good shape. Super damp and pretty forgiving to ski. I’m just looking to get into something narrower to eliminate quiver overlap.

Quote Originally Posted by RAB3 View Post
    I have a pair of 177 K108s with OG Attack demo bindings that I’d sell if you’re looking for used. Phantom’ed and one day on them after a fresh grind. They’re in pretty good shape. Super damp and pretty forgiving to ski. I’m just looking to get into something narrower to eliminate quiver overlap.
    Worth a ponder

You’re in Big Sky? You’re more than welcome to try them out if we can figure out a way to get them to you.

I've been very impressed with my Cochise 106 for hard fast snow. They are not the most accessible ski but are extremely composed. Tails are more forgiving And a little looser than you would expect. Blister review was pretty accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by RAB3 View Post
    You’re in Big Sky? You’re more than welcome to try them out if we can figure out a way to get them to you.
    Once we get some snow I’ll probably demo a pair

Once we get some snow I’ll probably demo a pair
    Right on. I'm just down in SE Idaho so let me know if you get this way and want to give them a spin.