gear review / warning

Panaracer Cinder 2.25 tires

If you favor starightlining these tires are for you however if you ever plan on turning I sure hope you are prepared for a nice big bite o the shit sandwich! seriuosly these tires are just a few side knobs away from being one hell of a good do anything tire, except for lightweight XC racer, but becuase they lack anything on the shoulder they are just short of deadly. they have these nice big soft sticky blocks which lead to excellent staright ahead speed and braking but they don't go nearly far enough over onto the shoulder and as a result they wash out redicuoulsy quickly and without warning. deadly ! I'm going back to Continetal Vertical Pro's ASAP, they're not as cush or squishy but you can lean'em and they will always let you know ahead of time before they decided to let go.

my two cents...
    "Do the interns get Glocks ? "

hey buddy,

when you put the conti's back on, try running them reverse of the printed rotation direction. I think they're better this way.

why do you descend like a 12 year old girl with a fear of heights then ? seriously though I will give that a shot, do you reverse on the front and back both ?

yes, both wheels.

that hurt, man. we need to ride, but I'm at another goddamn wedding the w/e of the 17th.

I keed I keed.

Holy motherfucking schedule incompatibility ! See what you get for moving to Vail. we'll get something together though

Hey you two - I'm going to grab Bohman's Short Cut to Two Elk to Minturn on Sunday if either one of you is in for a fun one.
    I think I'm going mad.

Is that the ride where you start off the top of old Vail pass road and then drop down into the back bowls ? If so I road that once, nice singletrack. unfortunately I am out of town this weekend or I would.

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    Quote Originally Posted by board
    Panaracer Cinder 2.25 tires

If you favor starightlining these tires are for you however if you ever plan on turning I sure hope you are prepared for a nice big bite o the shit sandwich! seriuosly these tires are just a few side knobs away from being one hell of a good do anything tire, except for lightweight XC racer, but becuase they lack anything on the shoulder they are just short of deadly. they have these nice big soft sticky blocks which lead to excellent staright ahead speed and braking but they don't go nearly far enough over onto the shoulder and as a result they wash out redicuoulsy quickly and without warning. deadly ! I'm going back to Continetal Vertical Pro's ASAP, they're not as cush or squishy but you can lean'em and they will always let you know ahead of time before they decided to let go.

my two cents...
    Have u checked out the IRC Trailbears 2.25? Not the lightest, but man, they seem to hook up great for a tire in the size range your discussing. I found them for $13 on sale (forget where though)

Two elk is a sweet trail, no doubt.

Alas, I'm supposed to head down your way this weekend to hang with my better half.

Is that the ride where you start off the top of old Vail pass road and then drop down into the back bowls ? If so I road that once, nice singletrack. unfortunately I am out of town this weekend or I would.

Yep - perhaps the sweetest, longest, piece of uninterrupted single track this side of Monarch.
    I think I'm going mad.

matty,
    can you switch to saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by homerjay
    matty,
    can you switch to saturday?

Nope, got plans Sat - but would be into doing another ride on Monday in S.C. OR in the F.R.
    I think I'm going mad.

do you reverse on the front and back both ?
    I've always heard run the front normal and back in reverse. Never used these tires though. I've got Kenda Nevegals on the Spot. Sweet, sweet tires.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by homerjay
    Alas, I'm supposed to head down your way this weekend to hang with my better half.
    ...and me, by the way. See you on Saturday.
    It's idomatic, beatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Arty50
    I've always heard run the front normal and back in reverse. Never used these tires though. I've got Kenda Nevegals on the Spot. Sweet, sweet tires.

looks like I need to do a little experimentation then...

Chaka I actually wanted to try those tires about a year ago but no LBS carried them. I might look around again for them, 13.00 is damn near free!

The Nevegals are awesome tires, as are the IRC trailbears (especially for the price) but they are pretty heavy.