Page 54 of 59 FirstFirst ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1453
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    On the one hand, I’m pretty sure that is not chili. You’d get run out of Terlinga trying to serve that.

On the other hand, I’ve eaten that many times for lunch, and considered it a pretty tasty and fairly healthy lunch considering the other options at Wendy’s. I may need to get.

For my birthday this year I went to Costco and bought a bunch of sandwich ingredients. Pastrami slices, ham slices. Colby, Jack, Swiss slices. Butter/Garlic Focaccia. Croissants. then stacked the table with toppings. Red onion, olives, lettuce, mustards, mayos. It was a deli sandwich party. Highly recommend. Sorry-- no pics, but you get the drift. For a hundred bucks you can host a mean DIY deli sandwich party for your family.

The focaccia and croissants were surprisingly non-supermarket. Crispy on the outsides.

Is it me, or has Costco-prepared breads and frozen goods (like shrimp or egg rolls) greatly surpassed the mass-produced stuff I grew up on? I'm pretty sure 20-30 years ago the frozen section in the supermarket sucked, but now it's not half-bad. And I'll be damned if I didn't admit that costco bread is nothing like any supermarket I grew up in. Almost bakery level. Like, 90% there.

Dayum, i wanna come over for a sammy.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    On the one hand, I’m pretty sure that is not chili. You’d get run out of Terlinga trying to serve that.

On the other hand, I’ve eaten that many times for lunch, and considered it a pretty tasty and fairly healthy lunch considering the other options at Wendy’s. I may need to get.
    It tastes just like Wendy made it herself. Mix with a baked potato for a hearty meal.

Gerry grid fleece full zip hoodie for $12.99 after $4 off coupon. Pretty nice for around the house. Cheap enough I don't feel bad wrecking it.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Gerry grid fleece full zip hoodie for $12.99 after $4 off coupon. Pretty nice for around the house. Cheap enough I don't feel bad wrecking it.
    The hell goes on around your house where you would wreck a hoody? Wait, maybe we don’t want to know….

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    The hell goes on around your house where you would wreck a hoody? Wait, maybe we don’t want to know….

Working in the yard, garage on cars/bikes, etc. Nice and comfy though.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post

Our nursery doesn't stay super warm (single zone heating on a 1940s home). The Gerry keeps my FRS brosses from getting covered in spitup.

Honestly have a bunch of functional clothes from Costco. Fleece lined "weatherproof" brand jeans are great for cold weather dog walks or outside chores. KirkSig hoodie has no branding and nice finish makes a perfect cold weather golf layer (and is surprisingly trim fit).

I grabbed one last time there and it is an outstanding item. Have used mine as a layer on couple ski tours now and it performs well.

Felt like i shoulda got another one.
    watch out for snakes

I bought 2 of the gerry hoodies. Excellent piece of gear. Might buy another in a smaller size to use as base layer. I have some marmot base layers that are very similar, that I use on really cold days and they cost 5/6 x as much

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    I bought 2 of the gerry hoodies. Excellent piece of gear. Might buy another in a smaller size to use as base layer. I have some marmot base layers that are very similar, that I use on really cold days and they cost 5/6 x as much
    Yeah, I've been wearing mine 2 days straight and plan to get the other colors before the coupon is over. Good call on sizing down for a base later! Should work great.

Bought 1 yesterday. Going back for a couple more. If this had a Patagonia label on it, $ 99 bucks.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

I just picked up a Gerry hoodie today. Pretty darn nice for the price. Seems like it would be a great mid-layer and also a nice, non-bulky spring sweater/jacket. Should pack down nicely for travel, too.

The EB tech pants were $8 at My Costco today.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Picked up a Gerry fleece hoodie for my kid today; it's really similar to the OR fleece hoodie he already has; good to have more than one. (Nothing for me; I still have most of the fleece jackets I've ever owned, even a Synergy Works if anyone's heard of them, so no shortage of beater jackets for wearing while working on my roof or whatever.)

What do I want from Costco?

I picked up an Orvis fleece sweater before Christmas and it’s really nice. Thick fleece, doubled over at the neck, cuffs and hem. Nice YKK zipper, big hand warmer pockets and inside stuff pockets on both sides. Super warm and comfy. I think it was $12.

My wife always complains that the men's clothing is nicer at Costco than the women's. I tell her it's because women are just more picky. Men see a pair of pants for $10 and we're like "looks good to me!"

Grabbed a couple of the Karbon merino wool base layer tops they are selling. Felt very warm for their weight the last few times I’ve been out skiing. Nice addition to the rotation.

Goddamn Costco catering to fat people, I can't even participate in these clothing steals. I am of average height (5'9") and BMI of ~24, so even on the high end of "normal". Yet this means wearing Small/30", which they never have.

Quote Originally Posted by bfree View Post
    Goddamn Costco catering to fat people

*raises hand*

Goddamn Costco catering to fat people, I can't even participate in these clothing steals. I am of average height (5'9") and BMI of ~24, so even on the high end of "normal". Yet this means wearing Small/30", which they never have.
    6'2" / 21 BMI and find plenty. Fits vary wildly. My latest Kirkland Signature hoodie is slimmer fit than many outdoor gear companies in the same size (Medium). Find 32x34 pants quite often.

I suspect exactly what your local costco stocks depends on your local demographics.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    6'2" / 21 BMI and find plenty. Fits vary wildly. My latest Kirkland Signature hoodie is slimmer fit than many outdoor gear companies in the same size (Medium). Find 32x34 pants quite often.

I suspect exactly what your local costco stocks depends on your local demographics.
    6'2 helps. Usually M/32" is the smallest they carry.
    Seattle area, so in theory a fitter demographic.

I just thought of the solution. If I participate in the cheese deals for long enough, I'll be able to participate in the clothing deals too.

6'2 helps. Usually M/32" is the smallest they carry.
    Seattle area, so in theory a fitter demographic.
    Out in the Issaquah Costco, there's rarely a size S to be found. Plenty of XL and XXL. While I'm a size L, getting a 34/32 or 34/34 pant is tough. Plenty of 34/30, though.

I just thought of the solution. If I participate in the cheese deals for long enough, I'll be able to participate in the clothing deals too.
    Moderation, my good man...