Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Flying to DEN today for a week based out of Silverthorne. Probably try and hit the boat next week as a first timer

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Flying to DEN today for a week based out of Silverthorne. Probably try and hit the boat next week as a first timer

It's not a bad drive to the Boat as a day trip from Silverthorne, probably around 1:45 each way give or take.

I don't get steamboat a dusty cattle town in Wyoming with mostly flat terrain

Then again outside of the skiing not sure what all the hype is about crested butte a ticky tack tourist town surrounded by way to much private property but hey you just mention cb and people get an instant hard on and start gushing

17 days.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    I don't get steamboat a dusty cattle town in Wyoming with mostly flat terrain

Then again outside of the skiing not sure what all the hype is about crested butte a ticky tack tourist town surrounded by way to much private property but hey you just mention cb and people get an instant hard on and start gushing
    The lifts at both are fucked. More so at CB. Great terrain, then fight the gapers in the green zone to zig zag back.

Steamboat has been good to me. Great pow. Nice vibe. But damn. Taking a lift out of the hole to get back out sucks.

Baggs WY. No skiing there. But fuck is that flat and desolate. Makes steamboat seem like civilization

Steamboat Shit Show(rant)

That’s why #breckbecause is the best. It gets good snow and has good steeps up top. Crusty Butt gets 200” a year on cliffy terrain while Flatboat gets 360” a year on hills. Holla to the bRK homez
    Name:  IMG_4116.JPG
Views: 895
Size:  69.8 KB

I thought Copper was the best in Summit County. Ikon vs Epic!

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    I thought Copper was the best in Summit County. Ikon vs Epic!
    No, Keystoner is.

Flattenridge was what I thought snowboarding was “out west” when I was a grom on the east coast. By the time I figured things out Steamboat lost any appeal to visit. Not saying you can’t have fun at either.

cool story, bro.

I’ve had some good days at the boat. Great snow.

One of my Florida buds is there right now. I was surprised that Jet Blue has a direct from FLL.

Friend was visiting this past week and I got multiple texts about “ too much snow “, “ powder is too hard to ski “ etc etc.

I may go take all of the air out of his tires at the airport this am. Just saying.

I went looking for a general Steamboat thread and didn't find one, but given that the bag of dicks is the ABasin one and clusterfuck Friday is the Eldora one, Shit Show should definitely be the Steamboat one.

Any locals care to explain why the affordable housing plan was rejected?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Good question? Nimbys? Shaddy back door deals? Traffic? Crime?

Sent from my SM-A546V using Tapatalk

Probably got in the way of planned resort expansion.

Just read the letters to the editor granted I haven't done a full look over of the Financials but the I pulled myself up by the boot straps taxes are evil boomer crowd seemed to have a big sway yes affordable housing project development is fishy and sometimes the profits people make is odd but the final outcome of affordable housing can't be beat same cunts arguing about the cost get a pissy at the grocery store cause no one is there to bag their shit up

Sent from my SM-A546V using Tapatalk

https://www.steamboatpilot.com/news/...inary-results/

This? Gotta look at who pays and who benefits. Brown Ranch is massive. Talking to friends in town it's the same pros and cons as most affordable housing but on a giant scale.

Sent from my Turbo 850 Flatbrimed Highhorse

It was too big too soon and the amount it would cost to service those 420 acres was a big nut to swallow is the argument.

Things seemed to line up with the donation for the land which blew me away, to the state funding that came afterwards, but resort town residents are so fucking predictable.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

I think they went overboard with proposing 2200+ units... they should have been more realistic and started way smaller. Aside from the NIMBY factor, adding 6,000+ people to a town of ~10,000 is a tough sell.

Yampa Valley Housing Authority Executive Director Jason Peasley has cited the lack of affordable housing availability in the city as the main reason for keeping the Brown Ranch development at its current size.

The city currently has 273 affordable housing units spread across five properties, according to figures provided by the housing authority, but the units are 100% occupied and the combined waiting list for the properties holds more than 800 applicants.

“It’s such a huge bite because we basically haven’t addressed the issue for 40 years,” Peasley said earlier this year in response to those asking for a smaller project proposal for Brown Ranch.
    Perhaps if they cut it in half it would have been an easy push.

FTR - I've skied da Boat 9 days this season and the only goat-rodeo I've run into was this past weekend when Sundown shit the bed for awhile - needless to say, this caused a disaster at Elkhead.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    I think they went overboard with proposing 2200+ units... they should have been more realistic and started way smaller. Aside from the NIMBY factor, adding 6,000+ people to a town of ~10,000 is a tough sell.
    would it really have "added 6000 people to town" though?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I guaranty that if you built that capacity it would fill instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    would it really have "added 6000 people to town" though?
    Probably not, but that's the number they included in the story I read/watched.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Yea you don't need to be a super genious to see that even pro housing locals are going to be thinking "6000 more people year round?????????? No fucking way!"

You cannot tell me there is a business need for 6000 workers right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.