Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Body Armor with Boobs

Anyone know of any women's-specific body armor? I'm looking for a full jacket. My current one is driving me insane cuz it doesn't really fit. Namely, I need boob-room. I'm not that big, but they definintely make a difference in gear that's supposed to fit snugly. Yes, it's a problem, and I'm bummed that after searching the interweb for a while, I have yet to come across a women's jacket. What does everyone else wear? Obviously there are a lot of girls in armor out there--is everyone wearing dudes' stuff?

i don't know of anything, but if you find something i hope it looks like batmans costume from the movies, complete with little plastic nipples and everything. that would be soo cool

Down the valley a bit further on the good side of the 49th
    Pictures would help everyone assess your particular needs.
    It's not so much the model year, it's the high mileage or meterage to keep the youth of Canada happy

On a more serious note I have no advice nor had a thought of the issue but it sounds reasonable. Hey what do woman hockey players do for the same problem. Make due with men's gear or is there gender specific available now?
    It's not so much the model year, it's the high mileage or meterage to keep the youth of Canada happy

More specifically

Quote Originally Posted by Clack
    More specifically

HAHAHA...we're waiting.
    I've got more suits than Liberace, but less than Eastvailhucker.

Quote Originally Posted by L7
    On a more serious note I have no advice nor had a thought of the issue but it sounds reasonable. Hey what do woman hockey players do for the same problem. Make due with men's gear or is there gender specific available now?
    Women-specific hockey gear is available. I found this out the hard way when I was in Winnipeg for a hockey tourney when I was about 14 and we were in a hockey shop getting all our skates sharpened and other gear, when I stumbled upon a weird shaped cup. I grabbed one and asked a bunch of teammates what it was and the guy working there proceeded to tell me it was a women's 'cup' and when I put it back, I noticed all sorts of women-specific gear nearby.

That aside, back to the original question at hand. I don't know of any women-specific dh armour, but I'd suggest trying different companies to see which one is the least restrictive in the chest. For instance, my brother wears one of the Sixsixone compression suits and the hard plastic insert in the chest is removeable, so maybe if you just took that out it would work??

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious
    For instance, my brother wears one of the Sixsixone compression suits and the hard plastic insert in the chest is removeable, so maybe if you just took that out it would work??
    Hmm, perhaps, but the whole point of wearing the armor is to have the hard plastic insert there. Fit is key for sure, but protection is the only reason I'm wearing it. I'll check that out, though.

Yea, but the way I see it, the chest protection in many of the suits I've seen doesn't seem sturdy enough to serve much of a purpose. I personally wear one of the 661 D2's, which are solid plastic like motox gear. However, I suppose as luck would have it, as soon as you took the insert out to make the fit better, you'd fall and hit your chest, so I don't know.

on the pointy end, calling the line, swearing my fucking ass off
    bitch at 661 and force them into a contract with victorias secret to make molded chest protectors in all the common sizes?

Why stop there...while you're at it, ask them to make it into a push up bra.

What could be hotter than push-up bra armor and a full-face helmet? This is totally how I'm gonna get all the dudes.

Full-face + push up bra armour = Hotness!

Quote Originally Posted by boobookitty
    What could be hotter than push-up bra armor and a full-face helmet? This is totally how I'm gonna get all the dudes.
    Again pictures would still help here.

There is supposedly a new company making women's specific armor jackets by the end of the year. They have prototypes so far but no production model yet. I'm keeping an eye out and will be buying the minute it's available.

http://www.dangergirldh.com/

I have an Azonic Z-5 jacket and the chest plate is way annoying.

I also heard Raceface (I think that's who it was) is coming out with women-specific armor as well.
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow, what a Ride!"

I am glad someone finally addressed this need. I have been in need of something that fits my man boobs.
    More fucked up than a cricket in a hubcap

on the pointy end, calling the line, swearing my fucking ass off
    Quote Originally Posted by Crinkle
    I am glad someone finally addressed this need. I have been in need of something that fits my man boobs.
    Glad I could help.
    I'll contact VS immediately.

A hard shell armour (MX) may be the ticket. WIth so many companies out there, one has to make a womens specific chest protector (I would have thought).

Another person that you could write to is Angie Ho(?). She is the Owner/designer/fabricator for Core rat armour. They don't make upper body stuff but she may know where you could find somehting that specific.
    Recently overheard: "Hey Ralph, what were you drinking that time that you set your face on fire?"

Maybe try something like this thingy. It's a boob protector for female boxers. Has inserts and whatnot to protect the goods.

For instance, my brother wears one of the Sixsixone compression suits and the hard plastic insert in the chest is removeable, so maybe if you just took that out it would work??
    I used to play paintball years ago and I seem to remember someone selling plastic breast protectors for women. Paintballs can hurt and leave welts, hence the armor for sensitive areas. Perhaps you could use these with the armor Vicious is talking about.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

However, I suppose as luck would have it, as soon as you took the insert out to make the fit better, you'd fall and hit your chest, so I don't know.
    Please protect the rack.

Quote Originally Posted by Oarhead
    A hard shell armour (MX) may be the ticket. WIth so many companies out there, one has to make a womens specific chest protector (I would have thought).

Another person that you could write to is Angie Ho(?). She is the Owner/designer/fabricator for Core rat armour. They don't make upper body stuff but she may know where you could find somehting that specific.
    They do make women's specific roost deflectors, but I think we're both looking for more of a body armor jacket.
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow, what a Ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by altagirl
    They do make women's specific roost deflectors, but I think we're both looking for more of a body armor jacket.
    I would definitely send a letter to Angie then.
    angie AT corerat dot commie

Like I said, her cmopany only makes arm and leg stuff (and clothing) but she is in the industry and would probably be able to point you in the right direction.
    Recently overheard: "Hey Ralph, what were you drinking that time that you set your face on fire?"

Quote Originally Posted by Oarhead
    I would definitely send a letter to Angie then.
    angie AT corerat dot commie

Like I said, her cmopany only makes arm and leg stuff (and clothing) but she is in the industry and would probably be able to point you in the right direction.
    I've emailed Angie about leg armor issues before.

I'm on BB's w/other women DH'ers and women dirt bikers, and this gets discussed a lot. Not to mention all of the women I talk to at National races. I'd be shocked if there's something in production that we haven't found.

Ya, I just emailed Angie to see if she had any leads, but this was the reply. Don't know if she actually read my email. It was worth a shot. I'd like to try on one of the Mace jackets and see how they fit.

Hello Jackie;

Thank you for your inquiries, though we do not carry
    upper torso body armour.

Please refer to our web site for details on our products.

Sincerely Yours Angie
    'Cause the designer is a rider
    www.corerat.com

----- Original Message -----
    To: angie@corerat.com
    Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2005 1:01 PM
    Subject: Female Body Armor

Hi Angie,
    I was directed to you from a friend on the TGR forum. I'm looking for a women's-specific body armor jacket for DH mountain biking. I currently have an Azonic jacket that fits really poorly. I'm looking for something with a chest protector that fits. My current one is extremely annoying. Anyway, if you know of anyone who makes one, could you forward their info to me? I've searched the web quite a bit to no avail.
    Thanks for your time!