Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

so annoyed by sellouts

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireSto...C-RSSFeeds0312

can't anybody stay core? goddamn bumpers.

yea, wtf, he should stick with skiing and make 0 dollars.

Anybody that's got the talent to play in the NFL and doesn't pursue it in the interest of staying "core" is an idiot.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Not sure I agree with you on this one. The odds of Bloom winning the gold are pretty good. If that happened he would surly be set for life with sponsorships and appearance fees. The NCAA denied him the oppurtunity to play in college so I don't see anything wrong with him going on to play in the NFL. It wont be like he needs the money. It's more about a love of competition, taking himself further and all that. Even if he doesn't make tons of money winning gold he should still do it because he can.

You're just jealous that you werent given his talent

Dude likes playing football, what's the problem?

If the NCAA didn't have its head up its ass, he'd be doing both.

on the pointy end, calling the line, swearing my fucking ass off
    oh noes!
    he's gonna go NFL and make money!
    what a sellout!

JONG!

Another worthless thread.

Are you his fucking puppet master? Can't people do what motivates them?

sellout or not...who gives a fuck?

Sellout for chasing his dream of playing in the NFL?

I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with you on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley
    Anybody that's got the talent to play in the NFL and doesn't pursue it in the interest of staying "core" is an idiot.
    ding ding ding
    and the kid is charesmatic and pretty enough, he will never want for money with out a serious drug problem
    good on ya JB show em!
    ( Under armour prolly just doubled his sponsorship just for trying for the NFL)

Quote Originally Posted by KillingCokes
    The odds of Bloom winning the gold are pretty good. If that happened he would surly be set for life with sponsorships and appearance fees.
    I don't know what your definition of "set for life" is, but I seriously doubt a moguls gold is gonna get him there. Bloom isn't gonna make a bigger splash than Mosley 8 years ago and even he has to do incredibly stupid shit like Road Rules Challenge...

I bet 3 full seasons in the NFL >>> lifetime earnings/endorsements from winning a gold medal

It's not like the world of the U.S. Ski Team is core to the sport or anything. I'm not really sure him playing football is selling out, especially considering he'd have to work really hard for it.

Selling out would be more like McConkey playing a funny and "I-jump-off-cliffs-and-out-of-planes-and-other-extreme-shit-on-my-days-off" doctor on ER. But even that would be sort of understandable and amusing.
    ROBOTS ARE EATING MY FACE.

McConkey is beyond selling out. He's so core that anything he does in life is actually considered selling in.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

It was seriously in jest that he was being a sellout. Being a has been bumper carrying around your gold medal like Bill compares with being in the NFL... If the dude wins the gold medal AND makes it as a starter in the NFL all the while being a clothes model there aren't enough zeros to make the check out payable to him.

The whole concept of selling out being bad is stupid. I just made that operating system called "Windows" because I love writing code so much.

What's better, scoring a touchdown in front of 50,000 excited fans or doing double twister spreads into a field of icy bumps in front of 100 gapers?

I'd like to retract my previous statement, your honor.

Quote Originally Posted by BlurredElevens
    What's better, scoring a touchdown in front of 50,000 excited fans or doing double twister spreads into a field of icy bumps in front of 100 gapers?
    Option 3: waking up at a place you want to live (instead of "shit, I've been drafted by kansas city....") and knowing that all you have to do to make a living is be a "ski ambassador" and shred around with a VIP or two. Hey...it's a powder day and no work! Better than football, better than hammering the same zipper line over and over again, better than trading stocks, better than just about anything I can think of that pays money.

I'm curious, what's Tommy Moe up to these days?

Quote Originally Posted by flatlander#2
    It was seriously in jest that he was being a sellout. Being a has been bumper carrying around your gold medal like Bill compares with being in the NFL... If the dude wins the gold medal AND makes it as a starter in the NFL all the while being a clothes model there aren't enough zeros to make the check out payable to him.

The whole concept of selling out being bad is stupid. I just made that operating system called "Windows" because I love writing code so much.
    FLIP FLOPPER

JB is my hero!

what a stud!

that is all
    Points on their own sitting way up high

All you guys who think that remaining a dirtbag is "core" and better than finding a well-paying job and getting a life.....

I refuse to subsidize your laziness with my tax dollars (i.e. health clinics, food stamps, etc.)

Get.
    A.
    Job.

I'll flip flop you...and waking up in some resort town when you're 33 and having to go noodle around with some investors when it's playoff season and thinking damn that's what I could be doing if only. Then it's February and you can rent a chopper exclusively and knock back as many runs as possible with your giant ass paycheck, bonus for making the playoffs...whatever.

Being "core" is a copout for being "lazy" or "unmotivated". Core...pbbbbtttt...

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster
    All you guys who think that remaining a dirtbag is "core" and better than finding a well-paying job and getting a life.....

I refuse to subsidize your laziness with my tax dollars (i.e. health clinics, food stamps, etc.)

Get.
    A.
    Job.
    Hey, asshole...once again I cite that I've worked 500 to 1000 hours of overtime for the last 10 fire seasons. It's not about who works and who doesn't it's about what work we value in our society. Entertainers make more than people who fucking serve the public.

So if you think working at night and skiing every day is being lazy, I dare you to come tell me I'm lazy to my dirtbag face.

YEA Sellout

Thanks for pointing out the article.
    I was not even aware of Jeremy Bloom.
    Sounds like a highly motivated individual. So what I got out of the Article?
    Fuckin NCAA. Is that a joke or what?? He makes some money skiing so he’s not allowed to play College football? I just don't get it. Sounds like he may come out on top anyway (And it appears he deserves it!)

What do you think is harder on the body
    Returning punts
    Pro Level Bump skiing

Quote Originally Posted by MTT
    What do you think is harder on the body
    Returning punts
    Pro Level Bump skiing
    Good question