Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9
    Wow! That's pretty cool! Just watched a demo on it. The P2 looks like a cool deal as well...

I have a Spark, Neural DSP Quad Cortex, Headrush Core, and a PILE of plugins, so this would be the LAST thing I need, but you know...
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
    Wow! That's pretty cool! Just watched a demo on it. The P2 looks like a cool deal as well...

I have a Spark, Neural DSP Quad Cortex, Headrush Core, and a PILE of plugins, so this would be the LAST thing I need, but you know...
    I know where you've coming from and I'm certainly tempted but I'm out. Stomp XL and Helix Floor, plus a Spark 40 and Go, plus Waza headphones - I'm already overwhelmed by modeling options and software. Looks super cool but I absolutely cannot learn more modeling software and still have time to, you know, actually play.

Some pictures. Sun came out from behind a cloud as soon as i got all the elctrics lined up so the light sucks and I just said fuck it.

My Fenders. American pro II jazz and p bass. Twin FMT HH archtop teles, 2003 American deluxe HSS strat.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20240327_174511659.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	938.8 KB 
ID:	492200

Name:	IMG_20240327_174729159_HDR.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	492201

Gibson Trad Pro V, Gibson Tribute, Epiphone Les Paul Custom and Mandobird

Name:	IMG_20240327_180346763_HDR.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	492202

PRS Hollowbody, PRS Baritone, Grestch Baritone.

Name:	IMG_20240327_180403122_HDR.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	492203

66 Grestch Tenesean. 66 Guild Starfire III 2010ish Talyor. Klos hybrid.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Some better but still bad pics of my 'new' old guitars. The case for the guild is fucking haggard. This axe has been a road warrior at some point. The case.... oozes charecter.... but also smells kind of musty and although I'm not a germophobe it honestly grosses me out just a little Regardless its fucking falling appart so I'm getting something that will actually protect it and keep the orriginal in storage.

Name:	IMG_20240327_180510176_HDR.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	492204

Name:	IMG_20240327_180550414_HDR.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	492205

Name:	IMG_20240327_180426486_HDR.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	492206

Name:	IMG_20240327_180451842.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	492207

Name:	IMG_20240327_180458138.jpg 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	492208

They both play outstandingly well. The output jack on the guild seems to frizz out sometimes, so i guess I need to replace it. I also notice that the guild pickups seem to respond much better to the bass range than to higher notes. Solos sound fine, but pnky finger arpegios on the b and high e strings are sometimes hard tohear if you're playing chords at the same time. Just something i noticed that I hadn't seen mentioned anywhere online before I boughtit.

the grestch is incredible. Very versatile, all pickup settings sound great. Although it is very fucking funny to me that the f holes are painted on and its a hollow body guitar without any sound holes, making it basically not any more hollow body than a chambered les paul, but regardless, it slays.

I can also really recomend getting a baritone guitar too. I probably prefer the prsover the grestch, but for anyone who is boredwith guitar or feeling like they are plateauing, it will really mix things up. So incredibly satisfying and such a rich full sound.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

How do none of you elite level dentists not have one of these yet?

Jeebus. Dentist much?

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Some better but still bad pics of my 'new' old guitars. The case for the guild is fucking haggard. This axe has been a road warrior at some point. The case.... oozes charecter.... but also smells kind of musty and although I'm not a germophobe it honestly grosses me out just a little Regardless its fucking falling appart so I'm getting something that will actually protect it and keep the orriginal in storage.

Name:	IMG_20240327_180510176_HDR.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	492204

Name:	IMG_20240327_180550414_HDR.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	492205

Name:	IMG_20240327_180426486_HDR.jpg 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	492206

Name:	IMG_20240327_180451842.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	492207

Name:	IMG_20240327_180458138.jpg 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	492208

They both play outstandingly well. The output jack on the guild seems to frizz out sometimes, so i guess I need to replace it. I also notice that the guild pickups seem to respond much better to the bass range than to higher notes. Solos sound fine, but pnky finger arpegios on the b and high e strings are sometimes hard tohear if you're playing chords at the same time. Just something i noticed that I hadn't seen mentioned anywhere online before I boughtit.

the grestch is incredible. Very versatile, all pickup settings sound great. Although it is very fucking funny to me that the f holes are painted on and its a hollow body guitar without any sound holes, making it basically not any more hollow body than a chambered les paul, but regardless, it slays.

I can also really recomend getting a baritone guitar too. I probably prefer the prsover the grestch, but for anyone who is boredwith guitar or feeling like they are plateauing, it will really mix things up. So incredibly satisfying and such a rich full sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Sweet quiver LJ!!
    Gravity. It's the law.

Thanks axebiker.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Jeebus. Dentist much?
    No..... no I'm just being irresponsible with money and having a midlife crisis of sorts.

I think I'm doing an ok job at my midlife crisis though. like, expansive guitar collection might be foolish financially, but it indicates more properly placed prioritiesthan the stereotypical purchase of an convertible to desperately try to retain some visibility to the females of the species.

Thanks axebiker.

No..... no I'm just being irresponsible with money and having a midlife crisis of sorts.

I think I'm doing an ok job at my midlife crisis though. like, expansive guitar collection might be foolish financially, but it indicates more properly placed prioritiesthan the stereotypical purchase of an convertible to desperately try to retain some visibility to the females of the species.
    In the grand scheme of things it's a cheaper habit than skiing. Just saying.

Love the quiver. Whacha got for amps?

it indicates more properly placed prioritiesthan the stereotypical purchase of an convertible to desperately try to retain some visibility to the females of the species.
    Yeah, because guitars have never been used by anyone for that purpose .

Seriously gorgeous collection. Def a dentist budget tho....
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Yea no surprise acl injuries while rocking out so far.

Amps wise I'm way more simple and basic. 2003 Fender 65' Deluxe Reverb Reissue, Fender Rumble 40 Studio for bass, and now a Spark Mini and Go. The baritones get played through both the Fender guitar and bass amp, but the sparks do not really do them justice.

I do think I'm missing out on something tone wise though, a couple of my guitars almost sound better through the spark mini on certain effects than through the fender tube amp, and I think something marshal or vox or victoria esque would do them justice. Specifically the Gibson Trad Pro V. It still sounds great through the fender just... not maybe its ideal.

Recently watched a video with Dan Auerbachs guitar tech running over his whole setup, running simultaneously, at all times, he's got his one guitar running through a marshal stack, fender tube amp, and victoria tube amp, with certain effects on each of them, and in a loop so that when he hits an additional effect pedal, it hits all three. I'd love to try out different combos of amps like that but I zoned out when he was talking about the pedals and stuff needed to actually set it up in a loop like that but perhaps someday I'll give it a try. Really not looking for anything larger than the 65 Deluxe Reverb.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Yeah, because guitars have never been used by anyone for that purpose .

Seriously gorgeous collection. Def a dentist budget tho....
    yes, yes, I was aware of the irony when i was writing it... I feel I lack the words but theres a joke there somewhere. Still, if you can be audible to a woman i think it trumps visible.

Yea its gorgeous, I bought it all based 95% off appearances

And to be fair, this is a bit of a high water mark. The Les Paul Tribute has a dead spot on the fretboard, and I'm in the process of trying to return it through reverb. The trad pro V was only bought as it's replacement. I think I'll probably sell the Jazz Bass too, and I probably do not need the two identical teles, so one will probably go eventually. It''s always 'n+1' with everything, but I really feel like guitar wise I'm close to done, i'd like a short scale bass, and a Martin D28, and then I'm done. I would also like to learn to play the violin and cello someday, but do not need anything fancy. Really, I think the only sizeable musical expenditure i foresee for myself for probably most of the rest of my life, is maybe a couple different amps, and recording stuff. And then it pops into my head how badass Sandman was and maybe I need to try slide bass, so need a fretless bass.....

The two 66's also are among the lowest sale prices recorded for such guitars on reverb. They're both players but are both somewhat beat and have been refretted. I do hope they'll at least hold their value. The Grestch also has a problem with its pickup selector switch, the middle position doesn't work and is just silent, so I'm looking at a partial refund for that, and trying to find a replacement. Not sure if I want to deal with that, it does play great and the price as stated wasn't bad, especially if I get some more money back, but not sure I feel ike putting time into dealing with it currently.

The Taylor is also just the 310ce, so the least expensive US made option when I bought it, not anything ridiculous, although obviously still not cheap. Also got it on sale because they were introducing the newer bracing design.

Those Klos are also selling for double what I paid for mine now, I just was an early customer and got in before price increases I guess.

I may have ordered this, as I couldn't resist:

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender/...BoCciAQAvD_BwE

$1100 on a price match. It's Guitar Center, so if there's anything at all wrong, easy return. Or if I change my mind... It's only a little more than a typical MIM strat on sale, and an American made one ought to hold it's value better, so that's how I'm justifying this one.

I think I'm not a fan of humbuckers. Selling my Epiphone LP - it weighs a lot, and I don't particularly like the humbucker sounds out of it. Too bad, it's nicely finished and I like the look of LPs more than any other solid body guitar.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post

$1100 on a price match. It's Guitar Center, so if there's anything at all wrong, easy return. Or if I change my mind... It's only a little more than a typical MIM strat on sale, and an American made one ought to hold it's value better, so that's how I'm justifying this one.

I think I'm not a fan of humbuckers. Selling my Epiphone LP - it weighs a lot, and I don't particularly like the humbucker sounds out of it. Too bad, it's nicely finished and I like the look of LPs more than any other solid body guitar.
    Gorgeous guitar. I love strats. You will be happy.

Plus maple fretboards are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Gorgeous guitar. I love strats. You will be happy.

Plus maple fretboards are awesome.
    Dude, gibson trad pro Vs are on sale for $18 hundo, usually $2500. Theyre sick. Way better than my epiphone les paul custom. you won't be disapointed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson/...CJWXX2&irgwc=1

Show Us Yer Guitar Quiver

Dude, gibson trad pro Vs are on sale for $18 hundo, usually $2500. Theyre sick. Way better than my epiphone les paul custom. you won't be disapointed.
    I have this 2014 Trad Pro II. I agree with you. They are awesome. $1,800 for the new version is pretty incredible. Maybe I should trade it out!

Also you have GAS bad. I love that.

For now, I have mine under control. I think.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    I have this 2014 Trad Pro II. I agree with you. They are awesome. $1,800 for the new version is pretty incredible. Maybe I should trade it out!

Yea, they're sick.

It wasn't even meant to be a suggestion for you, or to second guess the above mentioned buying of a strat, but this place is acting fucky for me and I could only seem to post by quoting you.

Someone should get one though. Mine is very resonant and sounds great playing pretty much anything, and I have no desire to play or even own my Epiphone LP Custom after getting the Trad Pro V.

One thing I am looking for in a guitar, is the ability to do out of phase on either the bridge or neck pickup. Most guitars with out of phase options only have it on the neck, I have an HSS strat that has the ability to have the bridge pickup out of phase while either playing through just the bridge, or bridge and middle pickups, and it sounds great, a monster for Drop d stuff, or just heavy blues riffs etc.

The trad pro V and some others have out of phase on the neck, I guess the thought is a bitier dirtier sound for solos, but something that has both would be cool. I am unaware of any options besides the unobtainably expensive gibson custom shop jimmy paige tribute models.