Page 107 of 121 FirstFirst ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 3002
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeLunker View Post
    sexy
    Those are some of my favorite lines, "are you going to drop that?" ...."JAH, DAS IST ALPENTAL SCHLAMPE "
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Upper Nash is still not open?? I thought that was a little suspect yesterday, hard to imagine a day later and they can't manage it. We don't even need the gates or felsen opened, but at least the top to bottom, c'mon!

I shared a chair with a patroller. He said they had a cardiac event on the hill Thursday followed by a rope rescue which took a lot of resources. He also said they'd been working all week to get the place open and everyone was kind of fried. Considering how mutch rope they have to string on the boundary, I can understand not getting Nash open for a few days.

Does anyone know if there has been anything groomed off the top of silver fir? (Upper Outback) Asking for my wife who I need for tomorrow to go smoothly....

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    Does anyone know if there has been anything groomed off the top of silver fir? (Upper Outback) Asking for my wife who I need for tomorrow to go smoothly....
    The report claimed they groomed Upper Outback Friday, but I went to Alpental so cant confirm personally. Alpine is a safe plan b from the top of Central? The top of Alpine is always in great shape.

Quote Originally Posted by chaka View Post
    The report claimed they groomed Upper Outback Friday, but I went to Alpental so cant confirm personally. Alpine is a safe plan b from the top of Central? The top of Alpine is always in great shape.
    Right on. I was certainly going to show her alpine off central. Was also thinking ramparts would be good. Was thinking an easy way down silver fir would be nice too. She could do it not groomed, but if it was my idea, she would not be happy. Much prefers minimal moguls and groomed.

Exit skiers left off the SF lift. Ski 100' down on the far right and exit right to the XC trails. Harringbone up 50' and ski down to the warming hut. With the hut door at your back ski down to the crossover and back the SF base.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Just make the ropeline to Nash the new Nashgate boom problem solved

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

They must have ran out of rope it never opened.

Quote Originally Posted by MESH View Post
    They must have ran out of rope it never opened.
    The lack of communication about why nashside hasnt been open is really disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    The lack of communication about why nashside hasnt been open is really disappointing.
    JFC, I'm sure communicating their rationale to you is top of mind.

Nash open today

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    JFC, I'm sure communicating their rationale to you is top of mind.
    With all due respect, this is a wealthy business withholding (what many consider) one of their premiere services from paying customers for unclear reasons. Yes, they should be clearly communicating why.

This isn't a volunteer trail organization where you should be happy with what you get. It's a multimillion dollar business that charged me $700 for service that was being withheld (rightly or wrongly)- they should have kept the customers in the loop. Basic customer service.
    Last edited by californiagrown; 01-15-2024 at 04:47 PM.

With all due respect, this is a wealthy business withholding (what many consider) their premiere service from paying customers for unclear reasons. Yes, they should be clearly communicating why.

This isn't a volunteer trail organization where you should be happy with what you get. It's a multimillion dollar business that charged me $700 for service that was being withheld (rightly or wrongly)- they should have kept the customers in the loop. Basic customer service.
    name one other ski area in the country that justifies their terrain management decisions to the customer.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    name one other ski area in the country that justifies their terrain management decisions to the customer.
    From Crystals snow report literally today:

MOUNTAIN REPORT & WEATHER FORECAST
    1/15/24 1:27 PM

Good afternoon, and Happy MLK Day. Temperatures and snow depths are back to seasonal norms and the sun is out making for gorgeous views at the summit. The Grooming team was working hard all night laying down the corduroy. Northway is now open with gates 1-7 and 10 open. Southback is closed today due to avalanche mitigation, and all uphill travel will remain closed. Please respect all rope line and gate closures. Violators will lose their skiing and riding privileges. It is going to be a fantastic day of skiing, both on and off-piste and we are looking forward to celebrating the holiday weekend with you all today!

They dont have to justify their reasoning, but they should provide the reason to the paying customer. "avalanche danger too high/ AC in progress", "not enough snow cover", "slide for life conditions", "we are way understaffed and ran out of rope + bamboo", Etc. Places do that all the time, countless times throughout each year... summit included. And to further clarify, its not on patrol to get this information out there, its on Summit marketing staff to ASK patrol and then issue the information to the public.
    Last edited by californiagrown; 01-15-2024 at 05:31 PM.

The drama around Alpy this year (really hasn’t it been the past several years since the Ikonic connection was made) has been like a bad Bravo! Reality show. This thread reads like “The Real Skiers of the I-90 Corridor”.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

It opened today, and it was quite good. Windbuffed snow, still super cold temps, and pretty light crowds made for a great day if you could feel your toes. I never made it out Felsen/Snakedance with the kids in tow, but I bet they were good.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

From Crystals snow report literally today:

MOUNTAIN REPORT & WEATHER FORECAST
    1/15/24 1:27 PM

Good afternoon, and Happy MLK Day. Temperatures and snow depths are back to seasonal norms and the sun is out making for gorgeous views at the summit. The Grooming team was working hard all night laying down the corduroy. Northway is now open with gates 1-7 and 10 open. Southback is closed today due to avalanche mitigation, and all uphill travel will remain closed. Please respect all rope line and gate closures. Violators will lose their skiing and riding privileges. It is going to be a fantastic day of skiing, both on and off-piste and we are looking forward to celebrating the holiday weekend with you all today!

They dont have to justify their reasoning, but they should provide the reason to the paying customer. "avalanche danger too high/ AC in progress", "not enough snow cover", "slide for life conditions", "we are way understaffed and ran out of rope + bamboo", Etc. Places do that all the time, countless times throughout each year... summit included. And to further clarify, its not on patrol to get this information out there, its on Summit marketing staff to ASK patrol and then issue the information to the public.
    Whatever the issue, puhLEEEZ do not uphold Crustal as some paragon of customer service, despite this particular anomaly of Alterra Management conduct. I can't count the number of days I've driven the 2 hours to get up there to have the upper mountain closed, or Northway closed or Southback closed with absolutely no indication thereof at 7 a.m. Not to mention their consistently shitty road management.

Of course they should do a better job of communicating, but in general, they don't. They have a captive customer base and the implicit 'fuck you' is consistemt.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Agreed... an ETA and very basic explanation would been nice. I can think of plenty of reasons that might have delayed it... Staffing, conditions, PWL, low temps, shot 6 gong show, etc. But sometimes it's nice to hear it straight from the horses mouth.

Talking to ski patrol the lift had trouble with the low temps and they opened for an hour on Sunday. I understand not opening nash for the last few days.

Right side of upper Nash was spicy but everything else was in great shape

This thread reeks of entitlement. Post some stoke.

Fun day, not many pics though.
    -2 this morning in the lot
    -6 yesterday morning

Coldest I can recall in the last 18yrs I’ve skied here

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7762.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	483186

Jealous of these turns

Name:	IMG_7758.JPG 
Views:	102 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	483187

Yesterday was still cold but not nearly as harsh as Saturday. New lift tower line through felsen was surreal to ski. Felt like you were somewhere entirely new with all the tree clearing.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

A little warmer yesterday than Sat or Sunday, nice to get those Nash laps too.

Name:	20240115_082838.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	420.1 KB 
ID:	483233

Name:	20240115_150013.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	343.6 KB 
ID:	483234
    Move upside and let the man go through...