Page 75 of 83 FirstFirst ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 2070
    Just finished watching the comp….

It’s really to bad that they are married to the venue. The conditions and stability are all time just a little higher in elevation and a short distance from the ski hill. They had talked about other zones outside the ski hill years ago but obviously this is not a thing anymore? Sucks to this shortened season dependant on luck of line choice. Anyone of these guys can win when showcased in the best conditions available. Unfortunately not the case….

Stan had podium on his mind and if you know him he’s easily a top competitor just needed a more predictable playing surface….

Freeride World Tour

You're clearly unaware of the logistics that go into hosting these events. "It's too bad they're married to the venue."

Yes, Stan had podium on his mind. Maybe. (I'm kinda thinking he was just gracious to hangout.) And yes, he's easily a top competitor and just needed a more predictable playing surface.

But guess what, he front-punched. It was tragic. Everyone hated to see it.

Welcome to the FWT.
    Last edited by gaijin; 02-18-2024 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by waveshello View Post
    Something about Carl RE's run really did it for me. Charge top to bottom, the biiig send off the top that everyone previous had taken as a double, super smooth backflip in a very exposed zone... That was sick!
    except for the tracks he followed, Hedvig Wessel, who took third in the women.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    except for the tracks he followed, Hedvig Wessel, who took third in the women.
    Missed that--She went big!

She went huge, probably missed a planned feature because the snow was tough to scrub speed in, and still finished on the podium.
    She’s a boss

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Marcus Goguen is the future.

Whistler Freeride Club with 3 out of the top 10 in ski men!

Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parking View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFvhWe9RIjA

2018 Hakuba event staged at Kicking Hrse which I believe is that last time they used the T1 face.
    T1 south was used 2022 same venue as this year, T1 north ( truth and Dare) was used back in 2018 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFvhWe9RIjA
    Last edited by DougW; 02-19-2024 at 06:00 PM.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw1Vi9hQsb0

Stan Rey's video about being a wildcard at the Kicking Horse event.

Stan is an absolute boss. You can pretty regularly see him shredding around WB. A great dude and a total slayer.
    I think if he stomped his run it was top 5 or maybe a podium, but I'm biased because he's a local boy.

Reviewing the GoPro footage (which the judges probably don't get to see but is possible, except in stan's case) leads me to believe he definitely should have made the podium without the crash, maybe first place. It was defintely the biggest air of the comp and it was off a double. And the important thing is his second straight air which looked out of control looked that way because it was an intentional tree tap which is as bas ass as any trick IMO.

Anyone have a picture of the comp venue in Georgia?

Reviewing the GoPro footage (which the judges probably don't get to see but is possible, except in stan's case) leads me to believe he definitely should have made the podium without the crash, maybe first place. It was defintely the biggest air of the comp and it was off a double. And the important thing is his second straight air which looked out of control looked that way because it was an intentional tree tap which is as bas ass as any trick IMO.
    Rajin gajin to the mic. Please bitch slap powdork he clearly isn’t consuming enough fish paste!

Quote Originally Posted by BiggC View Post
    Anyone have a picture of the comp venue in Georgia?
    It's available on the site... but does this save you a few clicks?
    https://www.freerideworldtour.com/_n...pg&w=2560&q=90

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Rajin gajin to the mic. Please bitch slap powdork he clearly isn’t consuming enough fish paste!
    Powdork probably eats less fish paste than I do... NTTAWWT... but I don't completely disagree that Stan could have won that event. So, no bitch slapping happening here.

I save that shit for where appropriate... for people that wear ski boots in convenience stores for instagram cred. IYKYK.

I might scribble some judging notes for this event... just for when I want to comment here to have something to fall back on. Anyone else been schooled in the FWT judging sheets?... shit's complicated, yo. Shit's way more complicated and dialed than it was 20 years ago. We used to just throw a number at the wall. Now every physical movement has a judging value. It's so easy to see how athletes get juggled around. That's why I try to refrain from judging the judges.

Y'all got your funbets in? The venue looks pretty All-or-Nothing. Either huge or meh. Kind of right up the rookies' ally for whichever huckster has his timing lined up. I see very few Billy-goat options.

I'd love to see a few veterans put their experience-in-line-choice to play. Looking at you, Turdell. We all know Hitzig, et al. have a ridiculous air-presence but I'd like to see line-choice reset some of the standards for this event. You know there are veteran eyes looking at this thing. I'm super curious to see what lines get drawn. IE-- that spiny/ridgy looker's right could result in some sick combos.

I just wish i had a drone. It's an interesting, albeit short, venue. It's definitely a field-divider.

Prediction-- whoever turns that looker's-right main spine into 3-5 features + tricks wins. (I just laughed at myself. How easy is that prediction?)
    Last edited by gaijin; 02-28-2024 at 06:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    It's available on the site... but does this save you a few clicks?
    https://www.freerideworldtour.com/_n...pg&w=2560&q=90
    Thanks! All I needed was a time-machine when I asked the question to see the blog post from today.

The competition will take place on Kakhiani – or კახიანი in Georgian – in Tetnuldi. Riders will descend the north-northwest face – starting at 3,150 m and finishing at 2,830m
    That's a short run. Hopefully the snow is good for the flippy-spinny riders to shine, I can't see much potential for big-mountain lines on this

Quote Originally Posted by Clownshoe View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw1Vi9hQsb0

Stan Rey's video about being a wildcard at the Kicking Horse event.

Stan is an absolute boss. You can pretty regularly see him shredding around WB. A great dude and a total slayer.
    I think if he stomped his run it was top 5 or maybe a podium, but I'm biased because he's a local boy.
    Stan is my favourite skier for sure. Love his W/B black diamond series on his youtube channel, just to see how he skis and how well he knows every little lump and tree on those mountains.

My friend's daughter Erin Sauve is in the women's snowboarding group this year. Currently 4th, needs a podium to qualify for the finals or whatever so rooting for her - she's a Red Mtn. local if anyone cares.

https://www.freerideworldtour.com/ne...golden-bc-pro/

Comps on in 10min. Day ahead of schedule.

It's been listed for like a week now.
    Starting hot with De La Rue as the first rider

It's been listed for like a week now.
    Starting hot with De La Rue as the first rider

I somehow saved the date in my brain with the original date.

Snow is good. Can’t wait for Abel moga and max palm. This gonna be scary. Hope they win and make the cut.

Same for Apoll want him in the finals too. They could still wildcard him.

This snow is insane.

Cheering for Erin Sauve.

Fuck yeah, Sauve. Good for you...

Hedvig shreds.

Lydia does have a future.

Sybille has skiing in her genes.

Ok— Manon is the future. Hang in there, kiddo. You’re well on your way.

Astrid has vision.

Megane looked conservative for a setup that would have been a ridiculous exit.

Planning is hard.

I really wanna see it work out for Molly. She had something heavy lined up.

Addison seems to know herself. So fluid. Safe. But fluid.

Lunatic Lilly. She’s a bit loose but she knows what she wants. Rad.

Tragic to see Zuzanna crash. But super stoked she’s already qualified.

The new Gen of women riders is cool as shit.

That was sick!

Men Game On

Oscar says Hello!

Jackson had a cool line choice but got tricked by perspective. When it came to reality, it didn’t flow as downhill as he thought. But that’s the kind of line choices that I’ve been anticipating.

Marcus is an absolute animal. Holy shit. It was ten seconds of “pulling it together.” This dude wins. We’re three runs in. He wins.

Maxime has entered the chat.

2024 is like a whole new sport.

Ten”L”a (Tenla) also has something to say. Bro.

Shit’s lit, yo.

Valentin? Safe? That was a pretty dope version of safe. I felt that he was playing it safe. Which is smart.

Thibault mild and jibby but keeping it clean. Stoked he’s happy in his rookie season.

Ben got robbed by his line choice. Again— the binocular destroys perspective. (Is this a proposal for drone inspections?)

Dillon— what do you say?

Blake finally had it come together. Gigantic entrance.

This comp is insane.

Colton chickened out. Probably smart. I mean… he’s healthy. That’s cool.

Palm doesn’t give a fuck. But the sharks do care.

Bender is a smart rookie. I think he found his consistency.

Hitzig. I’m scared to watch.
    Two backflips and a three doesn’t win anymore. It’s a throw-away score.

This isn’t a flat/jibby venue. It’s a steep venue with loads of hits that can send.

Weitien is perhaps the most big mountain of today’s new school.

Turdell, my homie, says— How do you do, fellow kids?

Pollard is smart and clean. Well played.