Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    I'd take a code too, if there's one available

Would love a code! Need a helmet

Anyone holding I’d take one.

I'm at the end of a long line, but after my latest tomahawk I think I should replace my helmet.
    Haven't been able to find any great deals, so I'd love a code!

I've got at least one left

I've got 3 in my e-mail for whoever needs one, send a PM.
    Drive slow, homie.

all sent
    Drive slow, homie.

This might be a bit of the fanboi club but...how ya'll been feeling about Smith Goggles lately. I went away from them about 5 years ago as the IOs kinda fell apart. I've always liked their lenses. My friends say they like the MAGs. I'm a bit picky about googles and boots but not much else.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    This might be a bit of the fanboi club but...how ya'll been feeling about Smith Goggles lately. I went away from them about 5 years ago as the IOs kinda fell apart. I've always liked their lenses. My friends say they like the MAGs. I'm a bit picky about googles and boots but not much else.
    Absolutely love the new 4D mag goggles. The lens curvature makes a difference and the light control is amazing as well.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I've got three emails from Smith with discount codes. DM me if you need one

I've been a long time smith goggle guy, but in the last few years happily switch over to oakley flight deck, have always used oakley for mtb as well. but I'm still a diehard smith helmet user... nothing fits me as good as their helmets, but for goggles I've gone to oakley!

in need of a new mtb helmet, could definitely use a code if anyone has one available

Anyone still have a code? I got one from Lee but it's not working. Smith said they sent out a batch of codes that didn't work, then a second batch that should. I've got a couple pairs of goggles and lenses in my basket that I'd like, but don't want to pay like $400 for lol.

Also could use a code if anyone has an extra!

Was spy for a long time, switched to Oakley, didn't like the lineminers I got, switched to Smith I/O Mag. Love them. Just got the wife some 4D Mags as she was stealing mine because she hated her oakleys.

All you mags spending the bucks on top-end goggles... Have you seen the Chinese Goggles on Amazon thread?

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...gles-on-Amazon
    I've been using variants of these since 2016, and IMO they're more than good enough.
    But, channeling Cooke Monster, "if money means nothing, just carry on!"

Quote Originally Posted by gregorys View Post
    All you mags spending the bucks on top-end goggles... Have you seen the Chinese Goggles on Amazon thread?

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...gles-on-Amazon
    I've been using variants of these since 2016, and IMO they're more than good enough.
    But, channeling Cooke Monster, "if money means nothing, just carry on!"
    My attention span is way too short for a 16 page thread. What's the TLDR?!

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntmonkey View Post
    My attention span is way too short for a 16 page thread. What's the TLDR?!
    LOL - I can imagine.
    <Pardon the small thread hijack.>

Everyone will have their own opinion, but here's what quite a few of us have found, the TLDR version;
    I've used 0utd00rmaster pro exclusively for 8-9 years now. (I don't really want to boost their google hits - thus the obfuscation.)

You could still find these same goggles, unbranded, on ebay a year or two ago - but it's getting harder to find. (They look all the same, so it's almost impossible to know till you buy them and they arrive. This matters if lens interop is important, like it is to me, since I've got quite a few lenses I'd like to work with whatever new setup I buy.)

The goggle has a magnetic lens that's just super handy. (I thought it was just a marketing thing till I bombed hard, after getting them, and realized how handy it was to be able to rip the lens off to unpack snow from the goggle frame and really wipe the lens down as best possible. (And yes, I wipe the inside too without any noticeable ill effects.)

The ebay versions and OM's versions on Amazon (when on sale) are just really cheap. Like $20-30
    I think the lenses are very close to name-brand stuff, but this will be the one point there's always going to be huge debate about. IMO, nothing works well in low light.

Rather than buy individual additional lenses, when on sale, just get two entire frames. (Then you can loan, or have a backup frame, if needed.)

Durability is perfectly fine - I think I'm on my second frame in that time. (Mainly because I left mine on my helmet one summer and it kind of whacked the foam - so mostly my fault.)

My lens choices are something like
    80-100% VLT (green/yellow/clear) for night or very low light.
    40-60% for mid light situations.
    20-40% for everything else. (IMO, < 15% VLT is just too dark. Sure they're fine for total blue-bird days, but 25% is fine and has more use when it's variable.)

@$25-30 a pair, you can have three frames+lenses that are, IMO, pretty equivalent to any really high-end name-brand goggle, for less than a single pair of high end Smith/Oakleys/etc.

Even at $40 (the normal price when this was written, it's still a great deal.)

As I did some looking on Amazon, these appear to be identical to the OM versions.
    (And have two lenses - the one I linked to is a 25/80% VLT set, at $26!)
    https://www.amazon.com/Odoland-Detac.../dp/B0B5KTC2CX

Anyway - pick what you like, but IMO, if you don't care about the "steeze" having Smith or Oakley on your head, these are certainly good-enough.
    Last edited by gregorys; 05-04-2023 at 07:24 PM.

still do the "spots between the lenses" thing. If you're picky look elsewhere...
    Drive slow, homie.

Anybody have a code? Want to get the new pursuit glasses. Thx.

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

No codes? Still wanting that new helmet…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone swiped my xc racing daughter’s Smith Bobcats and she’s devastated.

If there was a 40% off code floating around, I sure would appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Tonics View Post
    Someone swiped my xc racing daughter’s Smith Bobcats and she’s devastated.

If there was a 40% off code floating around, I sure would appreciate it!

Is she looking for photocromic lenses? If so, we can help you out. PM sent.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Bump, still looking

Bumping this; looking to get some new sunglasses. Any help is appreciated