Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    What say ye Mental health providers about the lack of consistent regimen and lack of social interaction?

Screw the mask bullshit and screw "parents are home more", the mental health of school age children in covid times is a bigger issue than we can currently see or can begin to understand. Don't kid yourself. I don't need a special degree to see it. It's obvious.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Kids are interacting socially. They are just doing it with masks on. And they are not whining about masks because they're not weak minded like you.
    I certainly worry about my clients not having enough outdoor physical activity but involved parents can help make that happen. Parents who expect schools to do all the parenting for them aren't making that happen. But that's a parenting issue not a pandemic issue.

What's more, in person bullying, a huge source of mental health distress for kids and teens, has drastically decreased because schools are online and in person school is more tightly supervised right now. I have quite a few clients who have actually adapted really well and are having improved mental health functioning with online school, compared to the shit they had to deal with from bullies at their schools.
    Last edited by mfcf13; 04-10-2021 at 08:16 PM.

Core Shot is a 9/11 truther, that should tell you whether you should be taking scientific or childcare advice from him. He thinks "science" knows kids are ok with the virus but "science" doesn't know about the effects of the vaccine. Yeah.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    But no one knows the long term effects of this novel vax. It’s mRNA. Never been done before.
    Vaccines and safety... we have many decades of experience with vaccines, and history shows that any problems turn up in a few weeks. The clinical trials looked for safety problems. So we've taken the same safety precautions as in the past. The continuing of the trials (and what the EUA skipped) is for the longterm analysis of effectiveness of the safe vaccine.

That meal in front of you has never been eaten before either. What are the long term effects of that novel apple? or the novel beef we've bred over the last two decades? 90% prime cattle are novel.

One of the experts can chime in if needed, but basic cell biology says mRNA ought to be the safest vax. Normally, a cell has DNA in the nucleus, that gets transcribed and a step or two later there's an mRNA outside the nucleus getting used as a protein template. After some time, the mRNA degrades, and gets recycled into other cellular things.

The mRNA vax takes advantage of this by providing the cell with a template to make Covid spike protein. The cell does its normal thing, including displaying protein fragments where immune cells can see them. The immune system is trained to respond to any future proteins substantially similar to the spike. mRNA vax alters the cell less than any other vax, and less than the virus it targets.

"But but but, it's changing the cell" Yes, cell change is a natural process that happens all the time, and the cell and organism has ancient processes to handle the continuous alteration from foreign and internal entities. Everything from breathing to beer to sunshine are continually fucking things ups, and your cells continuously compensate for the damage. Thank dog, it's a miracle.

And, you're free to go get yourself a natural infection as well. They say natural immunity is less than vax immunity. However, natural immunity plus one mRNA dose produces the strongest immunity. *
    * As measured by some complicated process that's simpler than real life and probably, but may not, reflects actual results.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Must be weird going through life thinking everybody is always trying to pull one over on you, everybody has an evil intent, everybody is out to get you and harm you. Lol
    Actually it is those feelings right there that make someone susceptible to conspiracy theories.

Funny thing is guys like CS think the rest of us are being played the fool.

God I hope his kids know how full of shit he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Well.
    My youngest can’t stand it. My oldest is compliant.
    But he’s in high school. Should be sucking face and hoping for a stinky finger.
    Life is fubar

There's a chance he's gay. I hope you're cool with that. It does mean he'll have very stinky finger.

Quote Originally Posted by mfcf13 View Post
    There's a chance he's gay. I hope you're cool with that. It does mean he'll have very stinky finger.
    Oh fuck. That made me laugh.

I’m ok if he’s gay. Will love him forever.

In theory mRNA is awesome. In practice who knows.
    My point is, when the risks (other than being a transmission vector) are minimal, why vax? I don’t get that.
    “Science” has no fucking clue about long term

Thanks to the mag that brought up my trutherism. Maybe someone googles building seven and uses their brain. Thx serially. Our world is run by sociopaths. Fuck those evil fucks.
    . . .

Kids are interacting socially. They are just doing it with masks on. And they are not whining about masks because they're not weak minded like you.
    I certainly worry about my clients not having enough outdoor physical activity but involved parents can help make that happen. Parents who expect schools to do all the parenting for them aren't making that happen. But that's a parenting issue not a pandemic issue.

What's more, in person bullying, a huge source of mental health distress for kids and teens, has drastically decreased because schools are online and in person school is more tightly supervised right now. I have quite a few clients who have actually adapted really well and are having improved mental health functioning with online school, compared to the shit they had to deal with from bullies at their schools.
    What about the huge rise in teen suicide rates since the pandemic started? I think you're glazing over some important stuff.

What about the huge rise in teen suicide rates since the pandemic started? I think you're glazing over some important stuff.

You might not have been paying attention since it didn't fit your political narrative, but teen suicides have been rising dramatically for the last decade. The increase was 56% from 2007-2018.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/n...-69-11-508.pdf

When adults get mad about mask mandates and other public health measures, they use anecdotal evidence ("hey one high school in Las Vegas has a rash of suicides, that means there was a rise in teen suicide nationwide").

There is actually no indication that there has been an increase in teen suicide in the last year. Does the situation suck and has online schooling made it harder to provide in person intervention support? yes. But teen suicide has been rising for 10 years and there is no actual indication that it has "shot up" in the last year.
    A leading child Psychiatrist and researcher, Dr. David Rettew, found that there is no evidence on increase in teen suicide in the last year. His article is in MedEdge Journal, which you're probably not going to want to pay to join, but it's referenced here: https://lakesidelink.com/blog/suicid...ring-covid-19/

Does it make you feel dirty and pathetic to use teen mental health to advance your political argument or did the NRA line of argument "it's not guns it's mental heath (but don't worry guys, we're still going to fund Wayne Lapierre's jet and Matt Gaetz's defense fund, we're not going to actually fund mental health services)" already desensitize you to that emotion?

You might not have been paying attention since it didn't fit your political narrative, but teen suicides have been rising dramatically for the last decade. The increase was 56% from 2007-2018.

When adults get mad about mask mandates and other public health measures, they use anecdotal evidence ("hey one high school in Las Vegas has a rash of suicides, that means there was a rise in teen suicide nationwide").

There is actually no indication that there has been an increase in teen suicide in the last year. Does the situation suck and has online schooling made it harder to provide in person intervention support? yes. But teen suicide has been rising for 10 years and there is no actual indication that it has "shot up" in the last year.
    A leading child Psychiatrist and researcher, Dr. David Rettew, found that there is no evidence on increase in teen suicide in the last year. His article is in MedEdge Journal, which you're probably not going to want to pay to join, but it's referenced here: https://lakesidelink.com/blog/suicid...ring-covid-19/

Does it make you feel dirty and pathetic to use teen mental health to advance your political argument or did the NRA line of argument "it's not guns it's mental heath (but don't worry guys, we're still going to fund Wayne Lapierre's jet and Matt Gaetz's defense fund, we're not going to actually fund mental health services)" already desensitize you to that emotion?
    You're an idiot. I'm not anti mask, far from it. Don't own a gun, and have voted both sides of the political spectrum. Amazing how little a mental health professional can glean from an internet forum for skiing. Lol.

Mark my words, kids and depression will be a very big deal in a few years, but yeah it's all good and if they do get depressed or kill themselves it's probably bad parenting. Exactly how many children do you have?

Guess the recent cdc data may have fallen off your radar. Looks like covid is in fact taking its toll on children's mental health..

https://www.edweek.org/leadership/ch...can-do/2020/11

Guess the recent cdc data may have fallen off your radar. Looks like covid is in fact taking its toll on children's mental health..

It sure the fuck has, my cousin’s 17-year old rockstar daughter just took herself out. Wouldn’t wish the pain in our families right now on anyone. Best luck to all parents dealing with their kids through these days.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    It sure the fuck has, my cousin’s 17-year old rockstar daughter just took herself out. Wouldn’t wish the pain in our families right now on anyone. Best luck to all parents dealing with their kids through these days.

I am so sorry for your family's loss. Your cousin shouldn't have to bury their child. I wish that Skidog and his ilk didn't use teen suicide to push a political agenda, and paid attention to teen suicide over the last decade instead of just now.

From the article you posted:
    Suicide among young people reached a 30-year high as of 2017, with rates for young adolescents ages 10-14 more than tripling since 2007, to 2.5 deaths per 100,000.

It's weird, because I didn't see you posting about this issue in 2017.

I am so sorry for your family's loss. Your cousin shouldn't have to bury their child. I wish that Skidog and his ilk didn't use teen suicide to push a political agenda, and paid attention to teen suicide over the last decade instead of just now.
    Go fuck yourself and your “ilk”

Seems like you have no problem pushing your own personal political agenda.

Fuck.
    You.

Vibes and prayers Tye. Uggh. Can’t imagine that pain.
    . . .

Apologies for not reading the whole thread first, the wound is pretty raw.

Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

So sorry Tye. Losing a family member to suicide is something I am intimately familiar with. Nothing worse and I'll never...ever get over it. Went from that into this covid mess. That loss probably made me a little too militant with our covids strategy at the beginning for fear of losing another member of my small family unnecessarily. As science has allowed I've loosened a bit and the vaccines have brought tremendous relief...even if brief I am super thankful.

Been a hell of a couple of years and I think a couple meltdowns I've had on this board have been some of that pain seeping through.

M series I want to say thanks for the important perspective and bringing your knowledge to this thread since you have had two people tell you off for no good reason. Parents like me appreciate guys/gals like you helping us navigate.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Local karate studio gives kids masks color-matched to their belt. Move up to yellow belt, congratulations here is your yellow belt and yellow mask. Move up to green belt, congratulations here is your green belt and green mask.

Kids love it. Zero mask issues at that studio.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Oh I plenty have actually. Lot attributed to social networks like tiktok, facefuck, etc. I'm well aware, this isn't a political agenda it real and as a parent I know.

How many kids you have again?

Yeah Tye sorry for the loss, absolutely devastating.

Lol at kid advice from someone who won't answer if they have kids and hides behind mjong.

Like getting marriage advice from a divorced person.

Lol at kid advice from someone who won't answer if they have kids and hides behind mjong.

Like getting marriage advice from a divorced person.

I've got better marriage advice after getting divorced than most "happily" married people.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Oh, I highly doubt that you're the first to say it.
    I think I have. It frequently crosses my mind when I read his posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Oh I plenty have actually. Lot attributed to social networks like tiktok, facefuck, etc. I'm well aware, this isn't a political agenda it real and as a parent I know.

How many kids you have again?

I have one kid, she's 8. Is that ok with you?

Glad to hear that you are aware of the dramatic rise in teen suicide in the last 10 years. For MH workers such a myself, it is extremely frustrating that it's not discussed until adults start saying shit like "those lazy teachers are raising concerns about in-person school, they're the cause of suicide" when teen suicide has been on the rise for ten years and hasn't been making headlines. It sure seems like there's a political motive.

And you are incorrect about the correlation to social media (although social media does suck obviously). Other countries have also experienced rise in social media use among youth but have not seen he same rise in suicide rates. Not sure if you're aware but gun ownership has gone up dramatically in recent years. Half of suicides by teens was via guns. In suicide attempt via guns, the fatality rate is 90%. Through other methods the fatality rate is 4%.

I have one kid, she's 8. Is that ok with you?

Glad to hear that you are aware of the dramatic rise in teen suicide in the last 10 years. For MH workers such a myself, it is extremely frustrating that it's not discussed until adults start saying shit like "those lazy teachers are raising concerns about in-person school, they're the cause of suicide" when teen suicide has been on the rise for ten years and hasn't been making headlines. It sure seems like there's a political motive.

And you are incorrect about the correlation to social media (although social media does suck obviously). Other countries have also experienced rise in social media use among youth but have not seen he same rise in suicide rates. Not sure if you're aware but gun ownership has gone up dramatically in recent years. Half of suicides by teens was via guns. In suicide attempt via guns, the fatality rate is 90%. Through other methods the fatality rate is 4%.
    Ok cool. We are all good. It's not political for me. I have read that social media and the constant internet is a large part of the blame in the usa. Cyber bullying, etc. Body shaming. There is a huge spike right around the time the social networks kicked off. Just seems to me we are not really going to see the mental effects of being holed up for a year+ with kids for quite some time. What about all the increased child abuse claims? Kids home with bad parents. You'll also never catch me blaming teachers. I think that's a bad parent copout.

We will likely see some of the side effects of this pandemic, are possibly as bad as the pandemic itself.

I would say it’s not illogical that for kids the isolation is going to be way worse than the covid.
    Loss of socialization.
    Shitty remote learning
    Psychological trauma from fear pandering
    It’s not good.

Get the kids back in school. It’s proven that in person learning is not a super spreader.
    . . .