Page 90 of 93 FirstFirst ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 2312
    Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    I have the mtn bindings which i like because the toe springs are very strong and i don't have to lock the toes even on steep firm.

How are the atk toe springs compared to the mtns?

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk
    Weaker

I’ve been on Tectons for a few years now and liked them. Was worried about how a true tech binding would feel. Made the jump to the R12 with freeride spacer and am so impressed. These feel so solid. Skied them with one binding on each foot and couldn’t notice any difference. The plastic and bulk of the Tecton seems so gaudy compared to the sleek machined aluminum. I’m loving them

Quote Originally Posted by montpow View Post
    I’ve been on Tectons for a few years now and liked them. Was worried about how a true tech binding would feel. Made the jump to the R12 with freeride spacer and am so impressed. These feel so solid. Skied them with one binding on each foot and couldn’t notice any difference. The plastic and bulk of the Tecton seems so gaudy compared to the sleek machined aluminum. I’m loving them
    My take is that the freeride spacer provides equal or better power transfer to the Tecton on firm snow, but the Tecton absorbs a lot more vibration. The ride quality of ATKs with the freeride spacer is still relatively harsh compared to the Tecton, and the difference is potentially significant if you are skiing through a lot of crud.

For relatively mellow powder skiing, I don't notice the freeride spacer at all.

Which brake width do I want on fr15 Evo to use inserts to swap between Ravens&Renegades (104mm & 122mm)?

Or can I buy both brake units separately?

Quote Originally Posted by Karl_H View Post
    My take is that the freeride spacer provides equal or better power transfer to the Tecton on firm snow, but the Tecton absorbs a lot more vibration. The ride quality of ATKs with the freeride spacer is still relatively harsh compared to the Tecton, and the difference is potentially significant if you are skiing through a lot of crud.

For relatively mellow powder skiing, I don't notice the freeride spacer at all.
    Decided to switch from tectons to freeraider 15 evo and it’s like night and day on zero Gs 105.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Are the Raider 11 EVO FT’s worth $100 more than the C Raider 12’s?

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post

Not to me, but I'm only 155lb, so not particularly hard on gear. If one were rather hard on gear, getting the metal toe may be a good call.
    C raiders are a great price point.

Yes. The plastic on the C Raiders is pretty soft and can be damaged easily. Also you have to use a different hole pattern so binding swaps are harder.

Quote Originally Posted by shitskier View Post
    Yes. The plastic on the C Raiders is pretty soft and can be damaged easily. Also you have to use a different hole pattern so binding swaps are harder.
    The spacer is really worth adding for better control on the way down. I found it makes a big difference with fat skis. It is included in the freeraider EVO for a few dollars more

Does anyone semi-regularly ski the FR15 Evo in the resort? Is it doable as a 50/50 binding?

It's a pin binding, so that's not the greatest of ideas. Lift based bashing is very hard on bindings, so if you need one binding for both, better go with duke pts or cast.

Sent fra min LE2123 via Tapatalk

Is the moment Voyager, the same mount pattern as the ATK raider and raider Evo?

Is the moment Voyager, the same mount pattern as the ATK raider and raider Evo?
    Yep

re: paper template mount for the FR15evo
    Does it put the heelpeice in the exact centre of the adjustment range?

trying to fit a unicorn mount that will work for both 335 and 317 BSL.

Official ATK Binding Thread

Test mounts on 2x4 are always your friend when you’re trying to hit a unicorn mount.

But yes, the ATK templates I’ve used are set to hit the middle of the range. Haven’t mounted that specific version though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pins and Skins View Post
    Does anyone semi-regularly ski the FR15 Evo in the resort? Is it doable as a 50/50 binding?
    Skiing the FR15s on a set of Nocta’s that’s my resort POW day ski and deep tours in the bc. Skied inbounds with a pr of Shift130 boots or backcountry with Traverse Pros. Zero complaints/issues, that said I only ski them inbounds on the primo soft snow days. Otherwise on a resort binding for a DD

Thanks. Would potentially put FR15 Evos on a mid-fat pair of skis which would double as winter touring skis and the resort ripper. Funny enough, I have Noctas with resort binders to pair with this setup. I travel for skiing so trying to jam an all-purpose winter quiver into two skis. Problem is the mid-fat tourer may see tricky conditions in the resort hence hesitant to full send on the FR15 Evos. The other thinking is just to ski the Nocta in the resort for everything except bullet proof ice (and have light race-type binders on the mid-fats instead). I travel out west to ski so should be OK and it fits my skiing style. For truly icy/hard conditions, I could rely on my skinnier spring tourer to step in. Maybe more a question for the Crows thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjon View Post
    Yep
    Gracias.

Thanks. Would potentially put FR15 Evos on a mid-fat pair of skis which would double as winter touring skis and the resort ripper. Funny enough, I have Noctas with resort binders to pair with this setup. I travel for skiing so trying to jam an all-purpose winter quiver into two skis. Problem is the mid-fat tourer may see tricky conditions in the resort hence hesitant to full send on the FR15 Evos. The other thinking is just to ski the Nocta in the resort for everything except bullet proof ice (and have light race-type binders on the mid-fats instead). I travel out west to ski so should be OK and it fits my skiing style. For truly icy/hard conditions, I could rely on my skinnier spring tourer to step in. Maybe more a question for the Crows thread.
    Are inserts an option?

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

PSA. Good deals on black diamond ATK via expertvoice even with IMBA access.

Possible. I haven't really thought about inserts so thanks for bringing up. I may also see if I can pick up a cheap pair of mid-fat resort DD at end of season so I can keep my touring skis for backcountry only (and just rotate traveling with the noctas or this mid-fat DD as the resort pair). Thanks all!

Quote Originally Posted by Brasso View Post
    Are inserts an option?

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

FR15 on ZeroG 105 are money but I would not mount them on anything heavier than 2kgs.

Quote Originally Posted by Judo Chop! View Post
    re: paper template mount for the FR15evo
    Does it put the heelpeice in the exact centre of the adjustment range?

trying to fit a unicorn mount that will work for both 335 and 317 BSL.
    It can vary by boot if the template is based on BSL. Remember that the offset from the front of the toe to the pins isn't the same on every boot.

Like the old joke where the islander told the explorer that all islanders are liars. Don't trust any of us, least of all me ;-)

A test mount is your friend.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

I suppose the freeride spacer should not affect the release - or does anybody have a different experience? I‘m asking because I know the Salomon MTN release isn‘t as good with bindings than without (says a test in German magazine ALPIN FWIW).

Am I making a mistake not purchasing the FR 15 evo for $481.00. I’m just having a hard time sending it