Page 94 of 101 FirstFirst ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,350 of 2524
    Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    Corkscrew looked sketchy but rode surprisingly nice IMO. One of the few things I could ride on that trail.

Thanks for the historical photo!
    Oh, it could get a bit slippery too....

Quote Originally Posted by twoAdog View Post
    That pic would be a lot cooler if he was riding a gold Bullit!
    One of my all time favorite rides was hitting empire with you and Billy Poole...sending the Sizzler!
    hah!

A bit further down the trail......

Loved that bike.

And that was a great day riding and hitting sizzler at the end. Billy was a super cool dude. If I recall Lloyd was taking some pics that day.
    Last edited by CS; 08-23-2023 at 08:50 AM.

Rolled the dice, gonna be at DV for first chair tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by CS View Post
    Oh, it could get a bit slippery too....

I remember riding that corkscrew a few times. Must have been around 2007/8? Wasn't there a kind of long-ish skinny a little bit lower down the trail too?

Quote Originally Posted by BigHerm View Post
    Rolled the dice, gonna be at DV for first chair tomorrow.
    Good timing.

Ya, it's pretty sweet out. Stopping for lunch at the car. Trails back to the lot were fun.

All of the mine tailings and typical steep loose surfing in Silver Fork is absolutely incredible right now. Packed and grippy, no mud! Highly recommend.

Anybody else worried that Solitude is going to permanently shut down uphill access with the bike park expansion? Is Milly-solbright the best second option?

Thanks for the update on Silver Fork.
    I’d be surprised if they shut down uphill mtb.

Anyone interested in a new gen2 Forekaster 29x2.4wt, 3c maxxterra, Exo? Thought I’d ask in this thread since I’m too lazy to ship. Ordered with some other stuff from Europe, so I can’t return. Looking to get close to what I paid for it if possible.
    $65

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0020.jpeg 
Views:	41 
Size:	444.9 KB 
ID:	468195
    Last edited by g_man80; 08-24-2023 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer123 View Post
    All of the mine tailings and typical steep loose surfing in Silver Fork is absolutely incredible right now. Packed and grippy, no mud! Highly recommend.

Anybody else worried that Solitude is going to permanently shut down uphill access with the bike park expansion? Is Milly-solbright the best second option?
    The rain has been amazing...one of the best summers I can remember in terms of dirt quality. We were up building last night in pc and got caught in that lightning storm around 7:30. It was one of the most hectic rides down ive had but also kinda fun in a sick way...lightning all around us and an absolute puking torrential downpour...fastest way out was CMG to Gotcha cutoff, was literally riding through a river the whole way down

I doubt Solitude will shutdown uphill access at least on the Lake Solitude side of the mtn.....think the gravity trails are being built over by Eagle express...also you have the disc golf course which allows uphill access and i dont think they will be building gravity trails over there

That storm was insane! Riding in it sounds super rowdy. We had lucky timing and got down from Silver, had a beer, and as we passed beartrap headed downcanyon it opened up. Love hearing the optimism about Solitude accsess, that whole area is such a nice escape.

Quote Originally Posted by mar123 View Post
    The rain has been amazing...one of the best summers I can remember in terms of dirt quality. We were up building last night in pc and got caught in that lightning storm around 7:30. It was one of the most hectic rides down ive had but also kinda fun in a sick way...lightning all around us and an absolute puking torrential downpour...fastest way out was CMG to Gotcha cutoff, was literally riding through a river the whole way down

I doubt Solitude will shutdown uphill access at least on the Lake Solitude side of the mtn.....think the gravity trails are being built over by Eagle express...also you have the disc golf course which allows uphill access and i dont think they will be building gravity trails over there

side note...Brighton trails coming along...looks like more of the same ol bullshit. Why a whole green trail needs to be benchcut with an excavator with the type of terrain/grade Brighton has is beyond me. Every nice piece of granite and root is being ripped out of the trail...what a shame.
    Name:  1.jpg
Views: 477
Size:  625.7 KB
    of course we need easy trails too, BUT....hope Brighton gets their heads out of their asses, I have very little hope at this point. Could easily build a green trail by hand up there for half the price and it would be twice as good and interesting. Hopefully that stuff is in the works but seems that the brown sidewalk trend continues. -end rant.

What you or I want, and what a destination person renting a bike and riding up the chair for their first and only mountain biking trip want vary. Resorts developing a trail network kill a lot of memories. Hopefully they do some good too.

The canyons and PCMR used to be so good. They still have a lot, but it was so much better before mountain trails brought in the earth movers and resulting masses.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    What you or I want, and what a destination person renting a bike and riding up the chair for their first and only mountain biking trip want vary. Resorts developing a trail network kill a lot of memories. Hopefully they do some good too.

The canyons and PCMR used to be so good. They still have a lot, but it was so much better before mountain trails brought in the earth movers and resulting masses.
    hmm, one lap down John's makes almost everyone appreciate new-school trail development
    style matters...

I’ve been told by word of mouth that a lot of the new Butterfield Canyon trails are available to ride, but not officially open. Do any of you have some insight on that?

That looks rad

Only took til the 3rd comment before someone asked where it is lol

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    That looks rad

Only took til the 3rd comment before someone asked where it is lol
    Fortunately the entire zone is now routinely posted on Strava for anyone to find. There are a bunch of horrifying new features going in and that one doesn't look to be the worst, although I don't think I'll ever set a wheel on it.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Looks fun

slabs and sling some discs = a fine day.

Name:	2b.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	2.37 MB 
ID:	468513

Name:	4b.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	1.91 MB 
ID:	468514

Name:	5b.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	2.50 MB 
ID:	468515

Name:	6b.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	2.31 MB 
ID:	468516

The new beginner bike trail looks like it goes uphill in both directions and cuts right through the disc golf course, some first timer on vacation going to get smoked by a disc....weird.

On the flip side the beginner trail makes for an excellent climbing route up to Clayton Pk trail/ slab lines...takes a little sting outta the lower road climb.

"Your new DH trail is a great climbing route" may be the most savage passive-aggressive burn ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    "Your new DH trail is a great climbing route" may be the most savage passive-aggressive burn ever.
    !!!
    Even more savage than "it's really fun on a hardtail".
    Kinda like Big Mtn Trail. Best climb in the Wasatch.

BMT is indeed way more fun on my hardtail

Try not to let your dicks slap your thighs while you're swinging them around.