Page 62 of 66 FirstFirst ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 1629
    Quote Originally Posted by naedward81 View Post
    Don't lie, midlife crisis hit and you bought that.

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk
    Now you sound like my wife...

...not surprising.

It's fun, but the ride isn't great, and I really like my truck!
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
    Now you sound like my wife...

...not surprising.

It's fun, but the ride isn't great, and I really like my truck!
    Well, we are both highly intelligent, and younger than you.

Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
    Anyone got plans for the weekend? Sounds like a few places with "bonus weekend" hours going on. I'd like to slip up to Spirit if I get my truck back from getting some recall work done, but not looking good... They gave me this POS loaner, but I can't take it on "longer trips" - whatever that means...
    I'm heading up to Spirit tomorrow with the fam. Sounds like Friday and Saturday is it for them (10-6 both days). If you head up ping me, as I'll probably still have 4 comps or so, and you'd just about drive by my place to head up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_H View Post
    I'm heading up to Spirit tomorrow with the fam. Sounds like Friday and Saturday is it for them (10-6 both days). If you head up ping me, as I'll probably still have 4 comps or so, and you'd just about drive by my place to head up there.
    I’ve got Indy days to use, so I’m good there, but thanks! I should know more this afternoon. Sounds like the truck might get released form “detention” early!

Quote Originally Posted by naedward81 View Post
    Well, we are both highly intelligent, and younger than you.

BTW - I couldn’t fit both your mom’s thighs in the Challenger, so she complained to the shop, and they’re releasing my truck early so we can use the bed of the truck like usual. Still snug, but hey…when in the trailer park…. 😉

If axe goes to Duluth, I will too. I could use one of those comps if available.

Sent from my island using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    If axe goes to Duluth, I will too. I could use one of those comps if available.

Shouldn't be a problem. I could likely meet you out at 35 or Hwy 8 depending where you come from (or throw them in my newspaper box if I'm not around).

I just read the back of them - has some jargon about having to present your Wild pass to redeem, but I don't recall needing to do that last year. So, worth a try anyway if you go.

PM Sent Tom
    Gravity. It's the law.

Spirit is a GO for the MW Mag Chapter tomorrow! Harry and I plan on getting there @ 10. Be there or...well...don't, but you'll miss a good time.
    Gravity. It's the law.

FKNA, I’ve never skied Duluth before. 6am and I am brewing up.

#excited

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Sounds like Axe got his brodozer back from the dealer. My fingers were crossed that he would show up in that muscle car, I was looking forward to donuts in the ski area parking lot.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Spirit Mountain is legit !

Snow quality was absolute dogshit, plus the comp pass did not work so I had to pay cash. No big deal.

Parking lot was full.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7694.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	116.1 KB 
ID:	490603

Day lodge was crowded too.

Name:	IMG_7688.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	142.4 KB 
ID:	490604

Snow quality was shit, but views were incredible.

Name:	IMG_7690.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	122.5 KB 
ID:	490605

Name:	IMG_7691.JPG 
Size:	119.5 KB 
ID:	490606

Name:	IMG_7695.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	122.7 KB 
ID:	490607

Safety first.

Name:	IMG_7696.JPG 
Size:	177.7 KB 
ID:	490609

Jah provides.

Name:	IMG_7697.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	161.8 KB 
ID:	490608

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Tough day at the ol' hill... I knew we weren't going to be skiing pristine, but boy...it was ROUGH out there. That said, I wasn't sitting in the office hating life, so still a win.

Showed up, and the parking lot made it look promising...

Name:	IMG_1377.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	387.8 KB 
ID:	490680

Harry giving a proper salute...

Name:	IMG_1421.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	569.5 KB 
ID:	490681

It certainly is a helluva view!

Name:	IMG_1425.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	677.2 KB 
ID:	490682

Went down to The Park for lunch and grabbed a sammich at Grandma's (THANKS for lunch Harry!!). Always nice to visit Steel Town.

Name:	IMG_1426.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	848.1 KB 
ID:	490683

A great day for a drive I guess? 4 1/2 hours of driving for about an hour and a half of skiing. I've done dumber shit that cost me more. Added bonus - I can say I Skied with Harry!™
    Gravity. It's the law.

2019/2020 Midwest Stoke Thread

Shouldn't be a problem. I could likely meet you out at 35 or Hwy 8 depending where you come from (or throw them in my newspaper box if I'm not around).

I just read the back of them - has some jargon about having to present your Wild pass to redeem, but I don't recall needing to do that last year. So, worth a try anyway if you go.
    First thing out of her mouth was “can I see your Wild Mountain season pass please ?” I made up something, but she saw right through it.

Spirit Mountain was fun, Axe & I skied every open run at least twice. But it was slushy at 10am and by 11am it was getting sticky. So a short day as we knocked off by lunchtime.

Went down to Canal Park and had lunch at Grandma’s. Then shopping at Duluth Pack. Overall a fun day even though we did not ski much.

A bonus was driving through Superior and finding a fly shop. The owner used to live in Ennis MT so we talked about Montana fishing compared to Wisconsin fishing. Not many fly shops around here, and this one was well stocked and a very knowledgeable owner.

Name:	Image1710544547.345882.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	130.2 KB 
ID:	490684

Harry is always eager to talk about his fly.
    Gravity. It's the law.

We didn't get to Spirit til closer to noon and the snow was just absolute dog shit - not nearly enough structure on the skis for that glue. The wife took two runs and she was out. I don't think we skied more than an hour - just went and hiked Lester River for a bit and said hi to a friend's kid at UMD.

Bummer on the pass not working - I had a bad feeling when she asked for my wild pass right off....

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

No worries about the pass not working. It was very kind of you to offer it up. Certainly was worth a try.

Despite the snow qualities, I can tell Spirit is a fun place. I will be back next season when there is good snow.

Thanks, guys... !

I appreciate this thread -

Two runs last Sunday ;
    I haven't skied in a looong time...

Alan asked ' how it felt (?) '

I paused - Because I wanted to get it right ( /correct ) -

" like an old friend "

was my reply --

peace. skiJ
    " ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

Dec21, 2016. LittleBigLost :
    " I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

Get out there and do stuff!

Enjoy life to the fullest!!

See you on the slopes! "

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    " like an old friend "

was my reply --
    That's the right answer...
    Gravity. It's the law.

Love seeing all the stoke. It’s inspiring to see everybody making the best of a bad winter.

I have an update on my knee injury suffered three weeks ago. I had an MRI and met yesterday with my ortho. Looks like I completely tore my ACL, but I also have a grade 3 MCL and grade 2 PCL tears. Looking at a long road ahead, but the TGRZ and especially this thread will help keep me motivated to do the PT. I hope to be back on skis sometime next season hopefully in time for a Midwest Maggot meetup.

I'm self-deprecating and a shitty speller.

Oh my gosh. Thanks for thr uodate

That sounds like a devastating knee injury. For fucks sake. I'm not an expert, but pcl and mcl damage on top of the acl is a long tough road.

Are you able to bear weight and use it pretty well now? Will this be one surgery or multiple surgeries?

Good to hear you hope to be skiing by next winter. Major healing vibes ima G.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the vibes. Surgeon seam like the type to not want to do surgery unless necessary. He said that the location of the mcl tear is high on the knee. This is the best case scenario has a high rate of healing without surgery. He said the same for the pcl. I can put weight on it but I have not tried to take a step. If I’m standing in one place I can put about a third of my weight on it to balance in place. I could not do this two weeks ago. The first doc I saw before the MRI had me taking the brace of when not moving around (trying to get the swelling down for the mri). And let me do touch down when standing still. Doc yesterday(surgeon) has me no weight bearing and braced 24/7 for the next three weeks. He’s trying to get the mcl and pcl to heal on their own. I have no real pain currently.

I’m not looking forward to the PT and strength training. my muscle atrophy in that leg is already insane. Currently my thigh is smaller than my knee. Im not sure I’ll be ready to ski by next year and I’m not going to push it. But I did buy an Indy pass just in case I can make it happen

Wow.

Totally above my pay grade. When the surgeon is telling you no weight bearing that is damned serious.

I wouldn't hesitate to get a second opinion either. This doesn't sound like a standard acl tear. I went to a local guy for mine, but it was literally as straightforward as you can get.

I know the U of Iowa is doing some newer acl grafting techniques that are working out well for instance.

Hopefully you'll get some more feedback in the acl thread.

Also, https://14erskiers.com/blog/2017/03/...-knee-surgery/

Brittany is own of our own and has some great advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ima gapper View Post
    Love seeing all the stoke. It’s inspiring to see everybody making the best of a bad winter.

I have an update on my knee injury suffered three weeks ago. I had an MRI and met yesterday with my ortho. Looks like I completely tore my ACL, but I also have a grade 3 MCL and grade 2 PCL tears. Looking at a long road ahead, but the TGRZ and especially this thread will help keep me motivated to do the PT. I hope to be back on skis sometime next season hopefully in time for a Midwest Maggot meetup.

You seriously need to get another opinion.

I do plan on getting a second opinion, possibly a third.
    Just curious why you recommend a second opinion. Is it my overly optimistic recovery timeline, the complexity of the three tears, or just that it is always good to get multiple opinions from different doctors with different philosophies.