Page 60 of 66 FirstFirst ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 1629
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_H View Post
    I bet I'm putting in my dock and lifts by mid-March - ice is already starting to darken.....
    I remember water skiing in Northern Michigan two or three times in late March. Made the front page of the paper for an April 1st water ski as well. My goal every year was to water ski and snow ski in the same month.......of course it was always dependent on the lake thawing early, we only pulled it off a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by Ima gapper View Post
    Shout out to the ski patrol who did a great job getting me down the mountain.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Damnit IMAG! Sorry to hear.

Keep us up to date on the MRI. Hopefully just the MCL.

Great race weekend at Tyrol! That little place is really good at holding snow under hostile conditions. Tight valley. Mostly north facing.

My 13 yo daughter absolutely crushed on Saturday for the GS races. She won both U16 races and was actually the second fastest girl on the hill for race 2 overall. One U20 girl beat her by 3/100 of a second and she is a Chestnut racer who has had a successful USSA career and lost her dad recently, he was the dude who mentored us when we joined the team, so that was pretty awesome.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20240224-IMG_5305.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	488482

Name:	20240224-IMG_5349.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.68 MB 
ID:	488483

Name:	20240224-IMG_5354.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	2.02 MB 
ID:	488484

Name:	20240224_164320.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	488481

Sunday was warmer, snow was softer which my daughter hates. She is still trying to find her slalom groove, didn't break into the U16 top ten. After her GS sweep Saturday, the wife and I decided she can go to Mt Hood (MHSSC) for a week this summer to work on slalom...so that is booked and she is through the roof!

Name:	20240225-IMG_5379.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	2.39 MB 
ID:	488485

Skuff showed up. He is maggot through and through. I doubt I'd ever run out of things to talk to him about. I think I need to talk him (and my wife) into EuroBBI. Rocking Jeffrey's and he is the smoothest skier around. What a blast lapping his home hill, and then having some $4 Montucky tallboys watching the senior race Thanks D! That was fun...and who knew Tyrol has a backside? Fucking rad.

Hey, ugly$- Great seeing you and the missus, congrats to your racer! I'm amazed the snow held up as long as it did, the temps were ~60*

Tyrol can be a fun place that has a mom-and-pop, brown bag lunch vibe. Those $4 tall boys didn't hurt

Greetings from Wydaho from Mrs & Mr Axe...

Name:	IMG_6184.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	594.2 KB 
ID:	488659
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
    Greetings from Wydaho from Mrs & Mr Axe...

Name:	IMG_1100.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	778.2 KB 
ID:	488676
    FIFY

Stop taking pic posting advice from GSinister!

Sent from my island using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    FIFY

I'm actually impressed with the picture quality of Axe's flip phone.

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by naedward81 View Post
    I'm actually impressed with the picture quality of Axe's flip phone.

It was Mrs Axe's phone. My Motorola Razor 1 doesn't turn on below 55 degrees.
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    FIFY

LOL... I think I need a lesson from the mayor. Or maybe use the app instead?
    Gravity. It's the law.

Had the kids' last race of the season this last Sunday at Buck and finally got around to getting some of the pics off my phone (just rec/D-team racing - so not to the same level as ugly's girl). Race hill had been getting a steady diet of salt the past weeks, so held up decently well. Gorgeous day with the sun out and it was nice to get my bump skis some exercise since Buck actually lays down a pretty sweet bump line - especially compared to the garbage Wild attempts occassionally. Back to Wild tonight for a shift - 11 year old is excited to check out their new park set. Surprised to see they actually fired up guns again yesterday - so they're really trying to eke out as much of this shit season as possible.

Name:	vlcsnap-2024-02-29-11h55m17s681.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	798.5 KB 
ID:	488734Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20240225_155117238.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	2.01 MB 
ID:	488736

Name:	vlcsnap-2024-02-29-11h58m26s022.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	768.8 KB 
ID:	488735Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vlcsnap-2024-02-29-11h58m50s483.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	746.8 KB 
ID:	488737

Name:	vlcsnap-2024-02-29-12h01m18s688.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	828.4 KB 
ID:	488738Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vlcsnap-2024-02-29-12h04m03s350.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	809.7 KB 
ID:	488739
    Interesting to see video stills of my two boys to realize just how similar of ski styles they have, especially in GS.

Nice!

Always blows my mind how much skiing style runs in families. I always wonder how much is nature over nurture.

I'm jealous and would love to give my daughter the opportunity to train regularly at Buck.

FWIW Wijara is a rec league. We do have a lot of USSA racers that participate in and out of it and miss some races for their USSA scored races. In general, the races are held to the same standards, though they aren't picky about equipment, and there is some quirky rules like the bump out and team scoring that make it cool.

The girl who beat my daughter by 3/100 did go to USSA Nats a couple years ago and was top 50%.

We just live too far from most of the USSA races, and they tend to clash with our other ski stuff. Call me crazy but I'm not going to the U14 USSA race in Michigan because it would mean missing part or all of a week of skiing in Colorado.

We may be at the LaCrosse open this weekend if they have it. Another rec race that has some fantastic skiers from all over Wisco and a couple from Minnesota normally.
    Last edited by uglymoney; 02-29-2024 at 01:09 PM.

Definitely won't make LaCrosse, but it'd be fun. Kids have baseball 'assessments' on Saturday (f'n ridiculous for a middle school team), so we'll probably just stay local and ski Wild either Saturday, Sunday or both. Depending on if my kids invite any school families out skiing, I may have like 6 comp tickets for Wild that need to be burned up if anyone's interested, and that's on top of the two $5 passes I can get anytime I'm out there.

We might do the Troll cup race in mid-march, but I'm more interested in getting over there for demo-days the 9th/10th. I think I might still have a comp ticket from gate keeping the last race there, so hopefully that's just a cost of beer kind of day.

Definitely won't make LaCrosse, but it'd be fun. Kids have baseball 'assessments' on Saturday (f'n ridiculous for a middle school team), so we'll probably just stay local and ski Wild either Saturday, Sunday or both. Depending on if my kids invite any school families out skiing, I may have like 6 comp tickets for Wild that need to be burned up if anyone's interested, and that's on top of the two $5 passes I can get anytime I'm out there.

We might do the Troll cup race in mid-march, but I'm more interested in getting over there for demo-days the 9th/10th. I think I might still have a comp ticket from gate keeping the last race there, so hopefully that's just a cost of beer kind of day.
    If you make it to Troll, I'll be turning screws in the Volkl tent. If you need a ticket, I can probably get one.

For the rest of you mags, I can probably scrounge up enough guest passes so you all can get out and demo skis.

May be a celebrity sighting of the former Mayor of Big Sky as well.

If you make it to Troll, I'll be turning screws in the Volkl tent. If you need a ticket, I can probably get one.

For the rest of you mags, I can probably scrounge up enough guest passes so you all can get out and demo skis.

What is the date of the demo? You'd think I'd hear from the brand I push, but that hasn't really been the case...

Got back from Wydaho. LONG drive, but a great trip!
    Gravity. It's the law.

Gorgeous day with the sun out and it was nice to get my bump skis some exercise since Buck actually lays down a pretty sweet bump line - especially compared to the garbage Wild attempts occassionally.
    The guy who does the bumps at Buck was allegedly a long-time Afton groomer guy who bailed after the Vail/Epic takeover. He is the best in the biz at building bumps, HANDS DOWN.
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
    What is the date of the demo? You'd think I'd hear from the brand I push, but that hasn't really been the case...

Got back from Wydaho. LONG drive, but a great trip!
    March 9th and 10th.

The Troll Shop puts it on with the brands he sells. Volkl. Solly, Atomic, Armada.

Volkl will have the biggest fleet with every ski in the line, including fatties and race skis

Just to prove I can post a picture

Name:	IMG_1804.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	529.8 KB 
ID:	488947
    Ha!

Name:	IMG_1377.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	387.8 KB 
ID:	489064

Let's try this...sideways pics... Snow depth on day 2 at Targhee...
    Gravity. It's the law.

@axebiker, looks like you're getting the goods

Thinking we should try to do takeover Saturday in March. I could scrounge plenty of passes.

2nd weekend of March is the demo. I'll be turning screws in the Volkl tent.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Is there any consensus on ^^^this^^^ idea for a Trollhaugen takeover? Sounds like fun

2019/2020 Midwest Stoke Thread

Is there any consensus on ^^^this^^^ idea for a Trollhaugen takeover? Sounds like fun

I might be able to get away from dad taxi duty on Sat. Be good to test out the leg.
    "Not all who wander are lost"

We blew the old records out of the water down here in the deep south of the upper midwest.

3 hours north they held a 2 run ski race at Mt LaCrosse, and somehow the snow held up. Pretty crazy what a good north facing hill can do.

I have to say, one hell of an event and mad praise to the owners of that place for laying down snow this week so the race could happen. Good to see our lurker mag Mike, his gal, and his ripper kids again. His boy swept and had 4 1sts in U10. So many stoked skier families show up at this race.

My daughter hasn't figured out how to go fast on warm snow, but had two 2nds on the weekend in the morning races when the snow was still firm.

Thermometer on the car was at 77 on the way home just south of town along the banks of the Mississippi.

Quote Originally Posted by skuff View Post
    I think I'd be in!
    Gravity. It's the law.

Word. I am definitely down for the maggot takeover at Troll. Let’s get a big crew.

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    We blew the old records out of the water down here in the deep south of the upper midwest.

3 hours north they held a 2 run ski race at Mt LaCrosse, and somehow the snow held up. Pretty crazy what a good north facing hill can do.

I have to say, one hell of an event and mad praise to the owners of that place for laying down snow this week so the race could happen. Good to see our lurker mag Mike, his gal, and his ripper kids again. His boy swept and had 4 1sts in U10. So many stoked skier families show up at this race.

My daughter hasn't figured out how to go fast on warm snow, but had two 2nds on the weekend in the morning races when the snow was still firm.

Thermometer on the car was at 77 on the way home just south of town along the banks of the Mississippi.
    Ugly, it was great seeing you and your family again. Your daughter has really turned it up a notch this year.

My son has really been working hard this season and it has been paying off. My daughter had a good weekend as well and continues to have fun which is all that matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 wins is hard, I don't care what age you are. My daughter has had 3 wins in a weekend, but never a sweep.

Arrgghh....sounds like stepson is a scratch due to an asthma attack. Sigh...
    Last edited by uglymoney; 03-04-2024 at 02:55 PM.

PSA for anyone in the Minneapolis area, Tonka Cycle and ski is having their spring sale right now. 40% off hard goods, 50% off soft goods including gloves, and 60% off Heli Hansen lifa thermal stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums