Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    99 and 108 are a lot different. Tail on 99 is flatter and less releasable. 99s are slightly damper. 99s like to stay In the fall line whereas 108s like to cut across it more. 108s good in bumps 99s kind of suck in bumps too much work

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Sounds like 108 would be better in the trees also. I’m really after a smooth groomer and low tide ski. My home mountain is pretty medium angle and a lot of glades. But long spring. No moguls.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

I have the 108 and like it a lot in soft in the trees and its great (for a 108) on soft groomers where you can get some speed up. They need some speed to really start carving. Not sure they scream "low tide" to me unless you have consistently soft low tide? Which seems unlikely. They are very easy to ski and I've taken them out on plenty of firm days but just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    Sounds like 108 would be better in the trees also. I’m really after a smooth groomer and low tide ski. My home mountain is pretty medium angle and a lot of glades. But long spring. No moguls.

I wouldn’t get the 108ti as a low tide ski. I own a pair and they’re fine on groomers but I don’t think they’re very damp, and they’re best traits are in soft snow.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by jimbojones View Post
    Is this ski the same build with a different retro graphic?

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by durangobrad View Post
    Is this ski the same build with a different retro graphic?
    Yes, they pressed a limited number of pairs for shop employees, same build as the regular Bonafide 97.

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post

I have a pair of 187cm 108s that I was planning to sell this year. If I still have them once the snow flies you are welcome to try them out. I can't remember your BSL but they are mounted with STH's for 313 so I bet you'll fit.

Quote Originally Posted by mystic-guru View Post
    Why is no one talking about the mindbender 106c? Looks like an awesome playful directional ski. A mix between QST 106 and sick day 104. Anyone try it?
    Because it's a women's ski

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Recently picked up the Mindbender 89Ti for low tide and some groomers.....first sub-100mm ski I've had in the quiver in a dozen or so years. Like what I've been reading about it and $320 shipped from Corbett's was too good to pass up. Looking forward to rippin' some 'roy.
    Old's Cool.

Because it's a women's ski

Not this year, it’s a guys ski but the longest length is 189. If I like it, it may become by touring ski.

The reckoner series is the smoothest skiing carbon skis I’ve ever skied. I think light and soft is a good combo. Light and stiff makes a truly horrible skiing ski. I also prefer the reckoner skis to the mindbender ti. That ski feels unbalanced to me. Surprisingly I feel like I can ski the reckoner 102 faster than the ti 108. I call my 108s my ski school ski, as it prefers to stay at one speed. Ski was advertised as damp but I don’t feel it is at all. IMO k2 has their carbon construction way more dialed than skis with metal. Which makes sense as they’ve almost never made skis with metal

K2 Mindbender Skis

I have msp99 and they’re way more damp than the mindbender. Big 4frnt fanboy. But I really think K2 is onto something with the reckoner construction. I bought the 102 for super cheap as a park ski when snowbird built an actual park this spring. They actually blew my mind as to how well they skied the whole mountain. I’ve generally skied chargers in the past and was shocked how hard I was able to ski such a soft ski. Convinced me to buy some 191 112s which I’m pumped to ski. If Tom is lurking in this thread I recommend k2 try the reckoner construction with the dispatch shapes. That combo might be truly revolutionary for lightweight freeride.

I had reckoner 112s for half a season, i thought they were a blast in powder and pretty mediocre in anything else. Just too soft for me at 200+. I also had them mounted at the forward line which was a dumb move on my part

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    I have msp99 and they’re way more damp than the mindbender. Big 4frnt fanboy. But I really think K2 is onto something with the reckoner construction. I bought the 102 for super cheap as a park ski when snowbird built an actual park this spring. They actually blew my mind as to how well they skied the whole mountain. I’ve generally skied chargers in the past and was shocked how hard I was able to ski such a soft ski. Convinced me to buy some 191 112s which I’m pumped to ski. If Tom is lurking in this thread I recommend k2 try the reckoner construction with the dispatch shapes. That combo might be truly revolutionary for lightweight freeride.

I wish K2 would build a reckoner 102/112 with a sheet of metal in them.

However the way you talk about their versatility has put the 184s on my demo list. You words remind me of how 179 Shreditor 112s could rally the mountain at higher speeds than I expected. Short noodley skis that for some reason can handle speed much better than other noodles.

I love the MB 108ti, for me it performs well in all conditions, with a slight favor toward soft snow which is exactly what I need at Big Sky, home of the 2 inch dump. But really I feel total confidence in them no matter the conditions. In fact I just bought a new pair of the 20/21 version. Planning to mount Duke PT's on them for Yurp. Psyched!

Quote Originally Posted by ezgzy View Post
    I had reckoner 112s for half a season, i thought they were a blast in powder and pretty mediocre in anything else. Just too soft for me at 200+. I also had them mounted at the forward line which was a dumb move on my part

I'm 240 and they do just fine .

^^^
    Where did you mount yours? I was thinking-1 from the mid sole line.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    ^^^
    Where did you mount yours? I was thinking-1 from the mid sole line.
    All my reckoners get mounted on the team line.

Anyone tried the updated Mindbender 89 Ti? Blister seems to be quite fond of it. With the upcoming El Niño forecast for the PNW, considering a narrower ski that isn’t a full on dedicated carver.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Anyone tried the updated Mindbender 89 Ti? Blister seems to be quite fond of it. With the upcoming El Niño forecast for the PNW, considering a narrower ski that isn’t a full on dedicated carver.
    In line and k2 most skis in the low 90s and 80s widths are geared more towards intermediate skiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    I haven’t skied the 89, but the 90 has been my everyday ski for several years. I like them enough that I picked up another pair on sale last summer.*

They have the same construction as the 99 and 108. I have the 108 also but ski the 90 on any day that isn’t a full on powder day, so probably 85% of my days. They hit the nail on the head for your narrower ski that’s not a dedicated carver. They carve great on anything but the firmest nw snow, but ski the rest of the mountain really well. I can ski them as hard as I want on any terrain and snow conditions.

Previous skis in this slot were Stormrider 95, broke them and still miss them, then bonafide 98. Liked them also but 98 is too in between widths for me. MB 90 is more forgiving than either of those two but still plenty of ski.

* Be aware that I prefer a narrower ski than most for a daily driver, I realize this and I am ok with it! I tend to take them anywhere:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4318.JPG 
Views:	102 
Size:	215.3 KB 
ID:	474948
    Our great works of human enterprise will fade away with time. The mountain will endure. ~nps

In line and k2 most skis in the low 90s and 80s widths are geared more towards intermediate skiers.
    What do you mean by this exactly? Just the flex being more approachable or what?

The 89ti and 99ti's seem pretty promising for an advanced skier that is wanting something fun to carve but that won't get knocked around off-piste. I think there's a difference between skiing ability and how people like to ski (playful, charge, etc.) which seems to be a better determining factor for how suitable a ski is for someone.

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlowGoFar View Post
    What do you mean by this exactly? Just the flex being more approachable or what?

The 89ti and 99ti's seem pretty promising for an advanced skier that is wanting something fun to carve but that won't get knocked around off-piste. I think there's a difference between skiing ability and how people like to ski (playful, charge, etc.) which seems to be a better determining factor for how suitable a ski is for someone.
    99 is a charger narrower than that it gets more user friendly

Just picked up some '22 MB 116Cs for an upcoming Japan trip (and midwinter CO touring). Planning 50/50ish lifts and touring in Japan, depending on snow.

Current plan is to mount them with G3 Zeds, using Fischer Transalp Pros for boots. Or should I add binding freedom inserts and alpine binders so I can bring my alpine boots too? Would then use them for my inbounds pow ski back home too, as my TGR-classic Bluehouse Maestros are on their last legs.
    a witty saying proves nothing
    voltaire

Anyone lookin for some 116s - I have a buddy who’d like to move his. Skied 2 days. Minty AF. PM me.