Page 239 of 242 FirstFirst ... 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 LastLast
Results 5,951 to 5,975 of 6026
    Also this, not my sale buyer beware

https://denver.craigslist.org/spo/d/...730414703.html

Deathwish 104's followed me home today. Excited to ski them tomorrow!!

Skiburger has a pair of Moment Commander 98s in 176 length

What’s the link to ski burger? I lost it

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBogey View Post
    What’s the link to ski burger? I lost it
    ski burger is gone. They dropped the site. Sale items are on the regular site now. No more special link.

Quote Originally Posted by Going Coastal View Post
    C98s had fun hatefucking some corn today.

Attachment 491485
    They wanna fuck it like an animal
    They brought you closer to god?
    Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.

5,7 145lbs. 184 or 179 wildcat 108s?

Demoed the 184s and they felt awesome for about 10 laps on fresh snow. Not sure if lf they’d be too much for everyday duty though.

Quote Originally Posted by Deranged Trout View Post
    5,7 145lbs. 184 or 179 wildcat 108s?

Demoed the 184s and they felt awesome for about 10 laps on fresh snow. Not sure if lf they’d be too much for everyday duty though.
    I think it comes down to what’s in your quiver and where you want the wc108 to fit. As a daily driver you could probably get away with either size and if the 184 felt awesome in soft you might want to favor that size. They ski shorter than their big brother wc imo. The 108 is super nimble and less burly feel in the front half of the ski. They are not a firm snow crusher so the decision might come down to favoring stability vs maneuverability. Personally I’d go longer vs shorter on that ski.

Quote Originally Posted by tenB View Post
    I think it comes down to what’s in your quiver and where you want the wc108 to fit. As a daily driver you could probably get away with either size and if the 184 felt awesome in soft you might want to favor that size. They ski shorter than their big brother wc imo. The 108 is super nimble and less burly feel in the front half of the ski. They are not a firm snow crusher so the decision might come down to favoring stability vs maneuverability. Personally I’d go longer vs shorter on that ski.
    To add to this. Consider where you are primarily going to ski it and what type of terrain you primarily ski in general. You'll probably enjoy the 179 if you ski at a smaller ski area or really like tree skiing over open bowls, whereas you'll probably enjoy the 184 if you ski at a larger western ski area that provides a lot of big open terrain. Also, do you like hitting every side hit on the mountain, do spins, like to pop off the smallest of bumps? Those will also direct you to the 179 over the 184 potentially. Overall, more people need to consider the where they ski, how they ski, what terrain they preference, etc. over just their height and weight when considering ski size.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyg82 View Post
    They wanna fuck it like an animal
    They brought you closer to god?
    My existence is flawed, much like my skiing unfortunately.

I live in reno however typically only ski squaw starting April to end of the season. We ski Taos/ mammoth through the core of winter. No spins. Occasional drops when snow is good. Like steeps and couloirs

This will be my only inbounds ski as we travel a lot out of a truck camper. Don't have room for BC setup and 2 inbounds setup (spouse and I each have room for 2 setups).

Moment seems to be pushing me to the 179.
    Own the WC 108 tours in 174 and they ski very short but are more manageable in the BC for my short legs.. the 184s 100% zapped more energy from me than my current black crows atria 178s. However the stability was mind blowing

I live in reno however typically only ski squaw starting April to end of the season. We ski Taos/ mammoth through the core of winter. No spins. Occasional drops when snow is good. Like steeps and couloirs

This will be my only inbounds ski as we travel a lot out of a truck camper. Don't have room for BC setup and 2 inbounds setup (spouse and I each have room for 2 setups).

Moment seems to be pushing me to the 179.
    Own the WC 108 tours in 174 and they ski very short but are more manageable in the BC for my short legs.. the 184s 100% zapped more energy from me than my current black crows atria 178s. However the stability was mind blowing
    I have the 179 108. I’m 6’0 180. I purposely chose to downsize as I planned to the use this ski a lot in tight spaces and trees. I’ve never been disappointed or regretted the choice. I could have sized up but I would have lost the maneuverability I specifically wanted out of this ski. Even at speed it handles well and is stable enough for a 179. I do have a wide range quiver so having this be specialized size wise isn’t an issue for me. Just recently had them out at Beavercreek and they performed great. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5376.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	615.0 KB 
ID:	492373

Price Police question: Thinking of a quiver shuffle and off-loading my 2020 Wildcat 184's with Pivot 18's and 1.5 mounts (306 mm, toes moved back for 294 mm). Edges and bases are pretty in exceptional condition). What's fair for the Gear Swap? $550 together? $500? $1 million?

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaSnow View Post
    I have the 179 108. I’m 6’0 180. I purposely chose to downsize as I planned to the use this ski a lot in tight spaces and trees. I’ve never been disappointed or regretted the choice. I could have sized up but I would have lost the maneuverability I specifically wanted out of this ski. Even at speed it handles well and is stable enough for a 179. I do have a wide range quiver so having this be specialized size wise isn’t an issue for me. Just recently had them out at Beavercreek and they performed great. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5376.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	615.0 KB 
ID:	492373
    Yeah this just speaks to how nuanced the discussion around size is and why its so hard to recommend a size for someone. I think its a safe bet for OP to go 179 and leave it at that. A lot of people get caught up in the bigger is better mentality (See plenty on here on the largest skis they can), which can result in a ski that is just less fun due to it being too heavy, too planted, dulls on snow feel, etc.

I'd also suggest OP consider the full DW in 184 if they are wanting to go longer and considering they aren't prioritizing drops or spins/freestyle stuff. It'll be a bit more forgiving at that length and be better in a greater variety of conditions. There is a reason why its the most popular Moment ski.

Quote Originally Posted by MNazWIcoWA View Post
    Yeah this just speaks to how nuanced the discussion around size is and why its so hard to recommend a size for someone. I think its a safe bet for OP to go 179 and leave it at that. A lot of people get caught up in the bigger is better mentality (See plenty on here on the largest skis they can), which can result in a ski that is just less fun due to it being too heavy, too planted, dulls on snow feel, etc.

I'd also suggest OP consider the full DW in 184 if they are wanting to go longer and considering they aren't prioritizing drops or spins/freestyle stuff. It'll be a bit more forgiving at that length and be better in a greater variety of conditions. There is a reason why it’s the most popular Moment ski.
    112 for my only ski ?

112 for my only ski ?
    yes

Hold your fingers 4mm apart and don’t overthink it. I know this advice from me, in this thread, is total irony, but others did that for me when I needed it!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I have had only one ski before. That ski was a 190 Deathwish 112. If I could only have one ski it would be a 190 Deathwish 112.

112 for my only ski ?
    if you’re concerned with the 112 get the 104 deathwish. I have both the 104 and 112 both sized at 184. Personally I find the 104 to be the better of the two. It has a stiffer core, more composed, plows through more conditions easier, has more backbone than the 112 as well.

where the 112 really shines is in softer variable snow but doesn’t love firm or harder crud and chop as much as the 104. It gets pushed around a little bit more. the 104 handles everything from really firm to really soft. You do give up float but not until you’re getting into really deep stuff. Anything 12” or less the 104 is fine especially at 184. Triple camber skis short so don’t be afraid to size up. I would have highly regretted going any smaller than 184 on either DW.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaSnow View Post
    if you’re concerned with the 112 get the 104 deathwish. I have both the 104 and 112 both sized at 184. Personally I find the 104 to be the better of the two. It has a stiffer core, more composed, plows through more conditions easier, has more backbone than the 112 as well.

where the 112 really shines is in softer variable snow but doesn’t love firm or harder crud and chop as much as the 104. It gets pushed around a little bit more. the 104 handles everything from really firm to really soft. You do give up float but not until you’re getting into really deep stuff. Anything 12” or less the 104 is fine especially at 184. Triple camber skis short so don’t be afraid to size up. I would have highly regretted going any smaller than 184 on either DW.
    I've been surprised by how well the DW 104 performs in just about quite a range of conditions. Anything from straight up hard pack to several inches of wet and heavy. I've even taken it out after several days and a total of 20+ inches. Sure it required more finesse and an active pilot, but I honestly wasn't unhappy being on it. We are probably just complicating OPs decision by highlighting how many amazing skis Moment makes.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowMachine View Post
    Deathwish 104's followed me home today. Excited to ski them tomorrow!!
    Quoting my own comment here:

What a great ski. 6' 160lbs. I deliberated 184 vs. 190 and settled on 184. I was looking for a versatile ski for when I wasn't charging as hard as I do on the Commanders. I needed a ski that could do light park duty, all mountain duty and work in shallow pow.

My first few turns I wasn't sure I'd made the right call. I was trying to ski them like my progressively mounted park skis. Once I got over the front of them they came alive.

I dig how they bite hard at the initiation of a turn and then stay in the carve or allow you to tighten the turn by drifting the tails. It really allows for good speed management in steep firm and moguls. Almost makes it too easy.

Yesterday was a sneaky powder day. It snowed all day and accumulated about a foot after lunch. The Deathwish’s absolutely slayed those conditions. They floated without a problem. Landed some pretty good size drops and slayed steep technical spots. They turn on a dime and hop turn so well. Their weight is a sweet balance between maneuverability and stability.

Now I'm wondering if I should go full Moment for my quiver. The Commanders are getting a ton of daily duty. The Deathwish fills that playful spot. Do I go Countach for a freeride ski or do I do the bigger Deathwish?

Depending on where/how you ski, I think either the 102 Commander or 104 Deathwish could be your only ski. FWIW, the wide tips of the Commander are almost unsinkable, too.

I'm a ski whore, so I'll just keep trying more skis.

Anyone putting in time on the DWT104 doing more ski mountaineering? Curious to hear some more real world feedback

Quote Originally Posted by kevino View Post
    Anyone putting in time on the DWT104 doing more ski mountaineering? Curious to hear some more real world feedback
    Reach out to Connor Koch on Instagram. He’ll tell you about the DWT104.

IMO if you're on the fence with the WC 108 I'd error on the longer side. Plenty of twin tip rocker so the 184's do not ski long at all. They pivot extremely well so not a problem in tight spaces.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.