Thumbs up WTB: ski to make my wife stoked on soft snow, 160-165mm, & binding

Been super stoked getting the wife (now of just > 1 yr) into the schreddgame, and she finished her third year on snow as an adult learner (31 y/o) with out a nice 30-day season at the Bird last year on the brink of a solid understanding of edge grip and having built some pretty good fundamentals, starting to prefer easy(ier) blues and venturing occasionally onto legit intermediate terrain. Currently she sticks exclusively to the groomed, and almost exclusively in good weather, but her birthday is 12/5 and Christmas is coming up, and she's expecting big things I gather, so seems like a great opportunity to change that...

I'm way out of touch with what the cool kidz are doing these days, but basically I'm looking for a ski in $200-300 range, lightly used, even w Demo bindings (DIN to 11 or 12 is fine), that will let her "cheat" and start getting off the groomed (like when Gosey got his first Lotus 120s and started flailing all about in the goodz).

For context: Her daily driver (and only ski ever) is some Nordica ladies' 158ish soft-ish ski about low 80s underfoot with pretty-tight-but-not-super-tight turn radius and modest tip rocker, nearly flat tail. I figured that's the best well rounded combo of attributes in a single plank to get her started, so I figure the way to start building a quiver to complement this is with something a few cm longer (she is 5'6, looking probably in low 160s range for length), and probably in the low 100s waist, with moderate--not ridiculous--tip rocker. Basically, for the next 2-3+ seasons until she learns how to rail turns, she'd have this daily driver as a "hard/firm snow ski" and this mystery want-to-buy beast as a "soft/pow snow" ski.

She doesn't need a real ladies' pow ski. (Yet.) She needs probably something akin to fairer-sex version of my DPS Wailer 105, maybe a touch more soft-snow-oriented (and with an easier price tag): forgiving flex profile (soft-ish tip, soft-medium-ish underfoot and tail) and probably familiar to someone not used to fat skis or lots of tip rocker, playful and lighter-ish weight, medium turn radius with easy ability to adjust turn shape, holds a good edge when needed, and just all around fun in anything up to 6" of fresh.

I have no aspirations for another few more seasons of really getting the lady out on true pow days but would love to get her to learn the joy that is teh fresheezz--to learn that storm days are A GOOD THING and that soft snow is worth the poor visibility that often comes with it, and I want to find her some skis to make that an easier transition than the daily-drivers described above.

Sorry if this is a bit of a "tech-talk" type post, but I'm just so far out of touch with buying skis these days that I'm looking to cast a wide net with lightly used stuff from the board and see what turns up. Cheap (~$100ish, nearly new) bindings of most shapes or sizes w 12 DIN would be of significant interest as well.

Whatchya got?
    "I said flotation is groovy"
    -Jimi Hendrix

"Just... ski down there and jump offa somethin' for cryin' out loud!!!"
    -The Coolest Guy to have Ever Lived

WTB: ski to make my wife stoked on soft snow, 160-165mm, & binding

There was a pair of 168 female Rossi S7 with demo binder at 2nd Tracks Millcreek a couple weeks ago for $125, I think, could be a good intro pow ski to supplement her daily driver

I found a pretty screaming deal on atomic vantage 95 women’s. Hoping that will do the trick...

Still interested in 12 or 13 DIN bindings...
    -Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Deep Days View Post
    I found a pretty screaming deal on atomic vantage 95 women’s. Hoping that will do the trick...

Still interested in 12 or 13 DIN bindings...
    new
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-Rossig...item2eebabe848

Volkl Kiku

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    Volkl Kiku
    I have a pair of 162 Kikus sitting in the garage with a couple mounts on them and can even scrounge up demo binders that will fit in old holes if I look.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    I have a pair of 162 Kikus sitting in the garage with a couple mounts on them and can even scrounge up demo binders that will fit in old holes if I look.
    I might take you up on this if DD passes.

Hmmmmm. That actually sounds intriguing, shredalot.

What is flex profile like on those? And what price were you thinking?
    -Jimi Hendrix

There are a bunch of cheap Liberty ladies skis on STP. Genesis 96 and 106 both look like nice choices

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check the moment old stock page. Saw some smoking deals.

Www.skiburger.com

168 ghost trains $399

Will ski shorter than 168

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Kiku is slight but continuous rocker, like a short, more-narrow Katana. Can be had cheap from ebay. Solid build, and I would think much more versatile than S7.

Quote Originally Posted by Coño Frío View Post
    There was a pair of 168 female Rossi S7 with demo binder at 2nd Tracks Millcreek a couple weeks ago for $125, I think, could be a good intro pow ski to supplement her daily driver
    This is my vote. S7s were a game changer for my wife. They ski reallllly short though - she’s on the 178s where she’d normally be on something 10 cm shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by Deep Days View Post
    Hmmmmm. That actually sounds intriguing, shredalot.

What is flex profile like on those? And what price were you thinking?
    It's the ladies Gotama. Full rocker, conventional-ish sidecut. Medium to mid stiff flex.

I wouldn't be looking for big money for them. It's an older ski with a couple mounts. My wife chose to move up to a 170-ish Nordica Santa Ana 110 for this duty, for context. The Kikus are somewhat more forgiving.

Rossi Savory 7 is a clear choice. 106 underfoot

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    Rossi Savory 7 is a clear choice. 106 underfoot
    For the record my wife hated the pinnacle of ski design.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    For the record my wife hated the pinnacle of ski design.
    Smart lady.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Good call, Steve D. As much as I want a Kiku to make sense right now, I think she is still a couple seasons away from that. Good suggestion, though! I think modest but continuous rocker will be the way to go when she is stepping into that realm.
    -Jimi Hendrix