Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast
    We had fun, especially after 9 when they opened the six pack. No lines all day and sharp edges. And I'm not joking when I say even a bad day here is much better than an average day on the EC. My kid was tentative for about two minutes before he realized "this is easy when it's not a hockey rink!" and had a great time the rest of the morning.

Long shot..but any Eldora vol patrollers or anyone else who have comps interested in a Luv swap? If so PM me. Trying to ski this friday with a couple of buddies (wife gave me permission for first ski day now that our 2 week old is home and healthy.) Hard to stomach $140 for a day pass for skiing a few hours.

Gems card is useless...same discount as buying direct online :-/.

I can give you an ikon friends and family discount, which is (I think) 25% off the walk up rate, if that helps. Shoot me a PM with your email if you want one.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

And I just looked, and the "advance" price is the same discount as the "friends and family" discount, at least for Friday. So still $140. Fuckers.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by tang View Post
    Uphill open this week 7-9am. Free armband with ikon or eldo pass, order online.
    I can only imagine how icy now after that wind - stay safe all
    Thanks, I ordered mine today. Last year, I think I just walked into the season pass office (during a non-busy weekday) to get the arm band, but maybe they changed it since then.

Thanks Danno—they’ve got similar discounts, but all discounts (Gems/F&F) work out to same as they only discount off max price. Freaking sucks but that’s the game these days.

Between patrol, backcountry and the kid couldn’t justify a mega pass this season.

Just got an email that Corona was open! So I looked on the website, and in classic clusterfuck fashion, no real runs on Corona are open. Just around the horn and way back. Hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Just got an email that Corona was open! So I looked on the website, and in classic clusterfuck fashion, no real runs on Corona are open. Just around the horn and way back. Hilarious.
    saw the same, classic.

Anyway, I’ll be cluster fucking tomorrow to avoid 70, holler if around

FYI, the SOV fee is in effect from today (12/23) through Mon., Jan. 8th...

The irony of Boulder County's edict regarding this fee is that SOV people will still drive up to go skiing, but they'll probably go somewhere else, most likely farther away than Eldora.

Fact

At least they aren’t polluting Boulder’s air. That’s all that really matters.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Hey, the Corona run will actually be open tomorrow on Christmas Day!

This line from the Eldora Conditions & Weather page today is kinda funny:

"... Corona trail will be the first piece of Eldora's signature expert terrain to open for the 2023/24 season."

Signature expert terrain? Are they calling Corona part of that? Yea, they mark it as a black on the map, but ...

I went today and Corona (the run) was open and it sucked. I like this sign progression, though.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20231228_201723181.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	912.9 KB 
ID:	480967
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20231228_201906198.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	712.5 KB 
ID:	480965

Stay cool, clusterfuckers.

^^^ I hate those “She was 5, you were going 50” signs all over Eldora. Depressing!

JerkPorkins, that reminds me of a day several years ago, when I was riding the lift, and Corona was hardpacked most of the way: We watched this guy skiing REALLY fast when he lost control and started sliding on his back, front, whatever, but he wasn't slowing down much. Seriously, he must have slid at least a few hundred feet before he finally came to a stop. Fortunately, he didn't hit anyone, and he didn't hit a tree.

Quote Originally Posted by JerkPorkins View Post

I learned to really ski at Eldora and this thread is soul sucking.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

How are the Alpenglow blue runs and others holding up in terms of being icy? I want to take my 5 and 8 year old girls up, but they are not keen on ice skating.

The Alpenglow blues are holding up pretty well. There's some fun bumps going down the shady side of the jug.

It was really crowded on the front side, yesterday. Lots of kids and families.

Are we all going to try to ski together, this year? We should plan to do it earlier, this time, instead of waiting until the very end.

I am looking for mid-week ski partners for Eldora. If interested, send me a PM.

I am an advanced skier (former ski patroller). I am happy to either take the lifts or skin uphill at Eldora. I am also happy to do mid-week backcountry tours, when the snowpack is deep enough. Based in Boulder.

Heh, I like it, crack of noon club clusterfucking for me today.

Eldora is what it is and I have a soft spot for it. Prob all the concussions

I was crack of noon club with the kiddo Wed-Fri this past week. Worked out pretty damn well. Fri was def more crowded but was also the earliest day we arrived (11:30ish). 1:30 Thursday was ideal.

I’ll be mostly weekends and w/ the 8 yo starting again next week. Maybe a weekday early next week. Try to get midweek powder turns if work schedule allows.

Need snow. Badly.

Hawk I hope the ACL is holding up! I’ll look for the truck.

I ski weekdays.

The Alpenglow blues are holding up pretty well. There's some fun bumps going down the shady side of the jug.

It was really crowded on the front side, yesterday. Lots of kids and families.

Are we all going to try to ski together, this year? We should plan to do it earlier, this time, instead of waiting until the very end.
    Thanks, yeah I was pleased with surface conditions. My girls (5,8) had a blast. They were a bit sketched out with how the Indian Peaks and Corona chairs come along with quite a bit of speed and force compared to Alpenglow. We skied whatever we wanted that was open except Corona. It looked pretty icy, but with good snow they could easily do it.

We almost skied onto the lift the whole time which was 11:30 to 3.

I’m up for an Eldo meetup.

It was snowing pretty hard when I left earlier.

Showed up to what looked like a great day to find Alpenglow closed. Cmon Eldora

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk