Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Paris? Pfft. With the climate, and typical activity level of that type trip, one bag, no laundry is easy. I'm talking SE Asia or travel where you are backpacking/have other gear.
    Yeah, that's way different than the vast majority of travel I'm doing. 80% of my travel is business travel. Even my Asian travel is anchored around work. In your situation, the fabric discussion makes more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by boltonoutlaw View Post

Lastly, I never in my life saw individual drip-on coffee sachets until I went to Japan and now I take them everywhere.

Attachment 471774
    We resorted to those things in Japan to have some sort of coffee in the room in the morning. IMHO they suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

In SE Asia you can drop off your laundry and have it back same day for like $5.

In Europe/elsewhere I like to make sure the mid trip accommodations have laundry so I can hit reset on my clothing.

I think we might need a whole forum called “travel laundry” now

Sky lounge (with the good outdoor patio) is line out the door in ATL.

Piano Bar it is.

If this guy plays any louder I’m climbing on top like this and starting to sing.

I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Sky lounge (with the good outdoor patio) is line out the door in ATL.

Piano Bar it is.

If this guy plays any louder I’m climbing on top like this and starting to sing.

Is the piano player the Travel Hack in this story?

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Is the piano player the Travel Hack in this story?
    The house cab is the star of the show so far.

Guy is talented, I’ll give him that, but he went waaaay off the deep end with some olde timey boardwalk type shit. Stick to Tiny Dancer and Vince Guilardi my man.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    In SE Asia you can drop off your laundry and have it back same day for like $5.

In Europe/elsewhere I like to make sure the mid trip accommodations have laundry so I can hit reset on my clothing.

I think we might need a whole forum called “travel laundry” now
    Maybe “Global Wardrobe Hacks”?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Now that Delta has released their revised changes (mostly), how are people feeling? Seems like it's less terrible, but still pretty bad. The credit card benefits come back a bit.

Sky pesos definitely have Delta on my shit list. I have moved on

Anyone with one of the American Airlines cards?

However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Anyone with one of the American Airlines cards?

Yeah I’ve got a World Elite personal and business card. They’re decent cards for the cost and spend, especially if you can get a 75k bonus. Downside compared to other airline cards is that they don’t get you free bags on a lot of international flights

Anyone ever fly Delta premium select on a A330-900 neo? I’m currently on the bulkhead in comfort+ on a flight from SLC to Amsterdam and I’m thinking of upgrading. Is it worth $450?

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    Anyone ever fly Delta premium select on a A330-900 neo? I’m currently on the bulkhead in comfort+ on a flight from SLC to Amsterdam and I’m thinking of upgrading. Is it worth $450?
    Not really worth it. I flew to Amsterdam in premium select last year on Delta and it was nice but Comfort+ is nice too IMO. I was hoping the seats laid out more than they did. It's a subjective question though. not a clear cut yes or no.

I think it is, but I'm a bit taller and kinda busted up so any extra room I can afford is worth it to me.

It also matters (to me) if daytime vs red eye. If flying when I should be sleeping it’s worth the improved sleep that more room and less people affords.

If it’s daytime long haul I suck it up and spend that saved money on better food and experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    Not really worth it. I flew to Amsterdam in premium select last year on Delta and it was nice but Comfort+ is nice too IMO. I was hoping the seats laid out more than they did. It's a subjective question though. not a clear cut yes or no.
    That’s kind of what I thought. Anything less than a full recline and I’ll never be able to sleep anyway. I’ll probably save my money for hookers and blow.

450 is what, $50 per hour to AMS? Wouldn’t be worth it for me if I was already in C+ bulkhead. I’ve only flown in premium on the A350 and it was only marginally better, not $50 per hour better.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

That’s kind of what I thought. Anything less than a full recline and I’ll never be able to sleep anyway. I’ll probably save my money for hookers and blow.

Atta boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Atta boy.
    lol

Can I carry on a pair of 70cm kids skis?

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Well that's 27" and the max is supposed to be 22" but people carry on fishing poles and such all the time. Can you wrap them is cardboard or something? What's the worst that happens, you have to gate check? Pray it's not Frontier. I'm assuming you are trying to get around paying for a bag?

Probably not news to most, but I just realized that United raises checked bag weight limits to 70lb if you are MileagePlus Silver or higher, including international flights (not sure about partner airlines--presumably only flights that check in at a United counter?).

Game changer for things like skis/bikes. Going to Switzerland in February and now the idea of bringing 2 pairs of resort skis (or adding touring boots + skis) is much easier.

Yeah but you’re still flying United…..

They might break your guitar, beat you half to death and drag you down the aisle, but who else are you gonna fly?

That is new though... used to be the 70lbs thing didn't kick in until Gold, but since they've made it much hard to get tier status, it's a nice benefit especially since this will probably be the last year I am gold (I just barely made it).
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by summit View Post
    They might break your guitar, beat you half to death and drag you down the aisle, but who else are you gonna fly?.
    Absolutely any other airline. Fuck United.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<