Thread: Earth Wisdom

Post Earth Wisdom

"Powder snow skiing is not fun. It's life, fully lived, life lived in a blaze of reality."

"Joy is the response of a lover receiving what he loves. This is the joy we feel when skiing powder... This overflowing gratitude is what produces the absolutely stupid, silly grins that we always flash at one another at the bottom of a powder run. We all agree that we never see these grins anywhere else in life."

-Dolores LaChapelle

Thumbs up

Damn. That's beautiful pinner. Schit I'm crying. A Marine that is crying. Damn I must be drunk. hic

bump for non-Marines who might not find it quite as sad.

This overflowing gratitude is what produces the absolutely stupid, silly grins that we always flash at one another at the bottom of a powder run. We all agree that we never see these grins anywhere else in life.
    Too true.

Edit: Although similar moments can be had after a nice, long descent on a mt. bike.
    Last edited by CS; 10-06-2003 at 12:08 PM.

Originally posted by CS
    Too true.

Edit: Although similar moments can be had after a nice, long descent on a mt. bike.
    Yes, but usually there is blood to go with it. At least if you're doing it right.

I propose we name Dolores the patron saint of the maggots and hold an annual festival in Silverton in her honor.

Originally posted by truth
    hold an annual festival in Silverton in her honor.

Since she lives there, it'd be easy to say hi at the annual Silverton Snowscape Winter Carnival. She runs workshops during the weekend-long event. There's also a rando race, keg parties and an over-the-top game of Capture the Flag called the Yukigassen Snow Battle

It's held in February, though I don't have details on this year's.

Exactly why I suggested it. Had the honor of hearing speak while I was living in Durango.

I always liked that song "Natuure..." by that really cool band form Boulder.

Has the same deep resin-nance as DLC.