Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12
    I’m sure it might be different if you were hauled off in an ambulance.
    Take the new bike and intact body and be happy.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    Yup, at the least you should have taken a dive like a euro football players. And then complained of neck pain for at least a couple weeks. Wish I had taken a dive at least once the three times I was hit by vehicles during university. Could have maybe paid off my student loans much quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    "Creates a substantial risk of" not "results in", but I digress.

Assuredly that would be the case. But, that's the problem here, isn't it? Lack of accountability is how we end up with a culture of death that leads to almost 10,000 dead pedestrians and cyclists every year.

I'd also have a different attitude about this if she had shown an inkling of remorse about her actions or made any attempt to do the right thing here.

Her lawyer told her the previous time, “Never admit wrong or remorse.”

It’s the world we live.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Indeed. I'd have a hard time living with myself if I didn't apologize to the person I almost killed.

I'll stop now. To be clear, I'm very aware that this has actually worked out quite well for me. But, given the choice I would much rather just finish my ride to the soccer game and still be riding my old bike.

Glad you’re alive.
    She got off easy it sounds.
    What bike did you pull the trigger on?

I blame DST
    watch out for snakes

Had someone road rage at me this morning. Was making a right turn onto an arterial street with 2 lanes- the right lane had a few pieces of broken lumber debris in it right after the crosswalk so i swung wide (about half into the left lane) to get around it and back into the right lane all in a nice smooth motion. Apparently the jeep wrangler behind me, also making the right turn, saw my wide turn as an opportunity for an inside pass so she gunned it to my inside, loudly kicking the lumber up into the underside of her car, and then laid on the horn because she felt i had intentionally cut her off. She then proceeded to gun it around me, flipping me the bird, tailgated and honked at the next car ahead as it slowed down for a flashing school zone, and then passed in the oncoming lane where the school zone camera flashed giving her a $100 ticket.

Fucking drivers.

Sounds like a righteous ending at least.

That's awesome. I'm generally opposed to speed cameras but school zones are an exception and the instant karma here is just too choice.

Thankfully niceholes have been my biggest problem lately. Listen, people, I appreciate the gesture, but please stop trying to waive me through on a two-way stop where you have ROW.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Thankfully niceholes have been my biggest problem lately. Listen, people, I appreciate the gesture, but please stop trying to waive me through on a two-way stop where you have ROW.
    I dunno if you are in small town but what i learned in my first small town ( Kelowna ) is that people who grew up there didn't know what the ROW rules are or they might run into you in real life so they just waive you thru

Also in DT Kelowna they had changed street signs and even the onewaydirection of some streets years ago but people were still blowing stop signs or going the wrong way on on-way streets
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    This has always bothered me, people think they're being nice but it puts you in a sketchy position. It's not easy speeding through an intersection after coming to a complete stop, and usually the one nice person waving you through is surrounded by 2 other cars with no intention of letting you go, assuming they've even noticed you.
    The other day I was towing the baby in the chariot on a canal trail that intersects a busy road by the house. There's a pedestrian crossing signal you can trigger, takes about 30 seconds to turn the light red. I hit the button and stand there waiting. A guy in the left lane immediately stops to wave me trough. Super nice but I'm still looking at 3 out 4 lanes of traffic moving 50 mph so I keep waiting. Dude starts gesticulating, someone behind him honks, he gets mad and speeds through the light just is just about to turn red. Guy behind follows for good measure. First guy shakes his head as he goes by, 2nd guy flips me off. OK dudes, I'm going to try and weave through high-speed traffic with a child in tow...
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

We have that sort of nicehole behavior here too. Just follow the expected process…everyone’s day will be improved because of it

To be fair, I think the behavior probably comes from the fact that most drivers expect bikes on the road to do whatever the fuck they want and follow 0 rules, and they're anticipating that to some extent by waving them through. People always seem surprised when I actually stop at a stop sign on the bike, and don't really know what to do about it...
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

I was riding lift with bro who did the 55K ride to Tierra del fuego and back

he said in SE USA they literaly hate cyclists and someone usually in a PU would yell at him every single day to fuck off

he had a Canadian flag on a whip so he tried an American flag sounds like it didnt make any difference

I suggested he should have tried a MAGA flag
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know