Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by comish View Post
    I have 2 or 3 of that same Gen SR95. Love them as long as things aren't too bumpy since ur right, no softness in the tip. But for hauling ass they r great. Most of the pairs I have bought came to me rIled needing a grind. Practically unsiable which is maybe why people sold them?

Anyone w a 180+ SR88 they wanna sell? Ever since I broke my ankle, ruptured my Achilles and relocated ankle tendons last spring my ankle/knee are Appreciating narrower skis.
    LoL. Exactly my experience. My pair of SR95 had a wonky factory tune as well. I had to take them to a shop and have them ground and edges reset. I thought it was crazy to have a factory tune not be quite right on a ski as coveted as a Stockli. I'd have been pissed, but I paid sub $300 new for mine on ebay.

I picked up a pair of NOS 2012/2013 ish Stormrider 78 last season, 174cm, 122-78-106, around 17m radius, they absolutely rail. Kind of like a short GS ski with full camber still.

Are these a valid member of the genre ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Pabst View Post
    LoL. Exactly my experience. My pair of SR95 had a wonky factory tune as well. I had to take them to a shop and have them ground and edges reset. I thought it was crazy to have a factory tune not be quite right on a ski as coveted as a Stockli. I'd have been pissed, but I paid sub $300 new for mine on ebay.
    They are supposed to come from the factory railed in the tip. This is by design and it’s only in the tip.

If true that it’s by design, it is strange that they don’t advertise concave tips in any of their marketing. Missed opportunity to come up with yet another cool sounding misnomer. CocTip technology anyone?

I am looking for stormrider 88 184-186 in good shape
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Several stockli models in various lengths 50% off on theskimonster.com

https://theskimonster.com/products/s...stormrider-88/

those come to $575 shipped. Best deal on brand new current Stockli i have seen basically ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Climber Joe View Post
    Several stockli models in various lengths 50% off on theskimonster.com

https://theskimonster.com/products/s...stormrider-88/

those come to $575 shipped. Best deal on brand new current Stockli i have seen basically ever.
    Is taking a lot of self restraint to not bring those home. Not fully convinced the Kool aid is legit. Is there a place in the PNW or CA...or mountain west that demos stocklis?

Quote Originally Posted by Huskier View Post
    Is taking a lot of self restraint to not bring those home. Not fully convinced the Kool aid is legit. Is there a place in the PNW or CA...or mountain west that demos stocklis?
    East Kootenays baby! In Fernie www.theguideshut.ca or Kicking Horse at Selkirk Sports.
    Ours are current models though, actually next years at this point.
    No idea where these guys are getting skis to be able to sell Stockli for 50% off, we generally can't keep them in stock at full price.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    East Kootenays baby! In Fernie www.theguideshut.ca or Kicking Horse at Selkirk Sports.
    Ours are current models though, actually next years at this point.
    No idea where these guys are getting skis to be able to sell Stockli for 50% off, we generally can't keep them in stock at full price.
    Oh damn I am actually skiing there next Fri. Sorry bank account...

Oh damn I am actually skiing there next Fri. Sorry bank account...
    Fernie or Golden? Fernie, stop in and we'll talk.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Mission Ridge has a public demo every year in early March and they are a stockli dealer. The rep is kind of a pain in the ass and makes you fill out extra forms, leave a few teeth on deposit, etc....but you could demo most of the line

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thomas View Post
    Mission Ridge has a public demo every year in early March and they are a stockli dealer. The rep is kind of a pain in the ass and makes you fill out extra forms, leave a few teeth on deposit, etc....but you could demo most of the line
    Arlberg Sports is the dealer that hosts the demo at Mission Ridge. MR is not a dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    Fernie or Golden? Fernie, stop in and we'll talk.
    I wasn't actually sure but I'm sure now

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2087.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	571.8 KB 
ID:	492290

Used. Used to be good.

You are not necessarily correct.
    While the original sticker resulted when a 7yo racer kid I was coaching asked me “did you used to be good?” after I crashed,
    I fixed the grammar by adding the five pointed star that is the logo for the Tokyo Starfish cannabis dispensary underneath
    Leave No Turn Unstoned

At least you use to be good. I never was.

https://www.powder7.com/Stockli-Stor...-2016/for-sale

A bit older but new in the plastic. $ 316
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

I was flexing the SR 102 at Big Sky yesterday. They actually have a couple pairs to demo. Price to buy is about $1,300. 🫨

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    https://www.powder7.com/Stockli-Stor...-2016/for-sale

A bit older but new in the plastic. $ 316
    Pretty sure that’s the predecessor to the “Edge” touring models. I’d snap those up immediately if I didn’t have the edge already.

Not sure if anyone is interested, but I've got a catch-n-release pair of Stormrider 88s I'm looking to pass along before the end of the season... 20/21 vintage (I believe). Warden demo binders, say ~$200? PM for pics and etc

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

And if someone is feeling lucky for $150

https://www.utahskigear.com/collecti...s-mounted-once

Quote Originally Posted by TheArbez View Post
    Not sure if anyone is interested, but I've got a catch-n-release pair of Stormrider 88s I'm looking to pass along before the end of the season... 20/21 vintage (I believe). Warden demo binders, say ~$200? PM for pics and etc

PM’d

Quote Originally Posted by TheArbez View Post

Length?

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Length?
    Ha! Good question. 186 I think.