Anyone skiing Scott Cosmos 3 boots?

I’m considering a pair but have yet to talk to someone who has skied them. I’m a heavier guy, 6’ 210lbs (250+/- with gear). From the reviews I’ve read it sounds like they ski pretty well, aren’t winning any walk mode awards, but are a solid boot. I don’t tour a ton, mostly side country and one day outings. My main goal is a second pair of boots as I have Beast 14’s and don’t really want to ski my alpine bindings with the metal heel piece on my K2 Pinnacle’s, less weight is a nice bonus too. I am more concerned with a stiff boot with progressive flex that skis well. And at $250 less than the next closest boot I’m considering (ie, Hawx ultra XTD, Lange Freetour 120, QST 130, Lupo 130) they seem like a pretty good deal for what I’m looking for. I have a pretty agreeable foot shape and most of the boots listed fit pretty well out of the box.

So anybody have some time in them? Sounds like the walk mode construction is the only change over the 2 so if you have the older boot I’d be interested in your feedback on how they ski and how they have held up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nwsno View Post
    I’m considering a pair but have yet to talk to someone who has skied them. I’m a heavier guy, 6’ 210lbs (250+/- with gear). From the reviews I’ve read it sounds like they ski pretty well, aren’t winning any walk mode awards, but are a solid boot. I don’t tour a ton, mostly side country and one day outings. My main goal is a second pair of boots as I have Beast 14’s and don’t really want to ski my alpine bindings with the metal heel piece on my K2 Pinnacle’s, less weight is a nice bonus too. I am more concerned with a stiff boot with progressive flex that skis well. And at $250 less than the next closest boot I’m considering (ie, Hawx ultra XTD, Lange Freetour 120, QST 130, Lupo 130) they seem like a pretty good deal for what I’m looking for. I have a pretty agreeable foot shape and most of the boots listed fit pretty well out of the box.

So anybody have some time in them? Sounds like the walk mode construction is the only change over the 2 so if you have the older boot I’d be interested in your feedback on how they ski and how they have held up.
    They're great boots price/features wise, especially if you have a wide or high volume foot, but they aren't on the same level as the boots you listed. It's more in the general touring category along with the scarpa maestrale or La sportiva spectre. If you're looking for that costmos fit, but stiffer, they also make the superguide, but good luck finding a pair.

When they were Garmont before Scott bought them they had bad toe fittings so I passed on them even tho they probably would have fit pretty good

then the walk modes were breaking, I think they had some buckle issues that was the 21012/2103 season,

I would see what fits you first and foremost and then maybe you wana figure out why they are charging 250$ for those other newer boot designs and see if its warranted

Junior had the cosmo which he just sold and got the Maestrale RS2, he sez they are way more boot,

he used to break everything and i was always suprised he didnt break his cosmos
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Samtheman and XXXer: Thanks for the insight about the comparison in relation to the other boots. Thats what I was looking for. It seems like the Walk mode and buckle issues have been resolved with the new designs but I think I may consider a burlier boot. From what I've read the bulk of the price difference comes from Scott buying the design and molds for pennies on the dollar from Garmont. Newer designs cost a lot to push to production. The Scott fit really well of the group I mentioned, as did the Lupo. thanks again