Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

CO Maggots, how is Longmont?

I may have a job interview out there in Longmont with a Pharma company, thought I'd get your input on the locale. I think it's near Loveland, how is that area?

Thanks,
    B)

it is near the town of loveland. 1.5-2hrs from the ski area.

Heading out the door right now but if you have the $ you definitely want to live in Boulder and drive into Longmont. It isn't bad though, just red(neck).
    "It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

Never actually stopped there, but it is in the middle of no where. As Lemon said, live in Boulder and drive to Longmont.

What are kind of area you looking for though? Family? Single? Partier? etc.
    "Can't vouch for him, though he seems normal via email."

Longmont's OK.You'll hear a few jokes like Shlongmont and such. A lot of mexicans live there that work at Con Agra .etc.I have several friends that live there & like it.It's about 10 miles NE of Boulder.Berthoud is 8 miles or so north of Longmont,& Loveland is probably another 4 past Berthoud .FT Collins & Horsetooth Res. is another 30 mins or so north.Lots of biking and hiking paths in the area.Boulder has the largest amount of open space of any city in the country I believe.There is Carter res up by Berthoud (city is no where near Berthoud pass).Denver is 30 miles south of Loveland on I-25.

I'd look into living in Lafayette,Erie, or maybe Louisville.Boulder is styley,but expensive.It depends on what you want.The Front Range is a pretty sweet place to live.

Got any question,just ask!
    Calmer than you dude

I can probably do a mapquest on the distance, but what kind of drive is it from Boulder to Longmont? What ski/rec areas are near Boulder? Is that the summit co corridor?

Single, wouldn't mind being near the party scene, but enjoy a little peace and quiet too.

How is rent out there? Any apt complexes? Just need a 1 bdrm if I get the job.

B)

Quote Originally Posted by freshie247
    Longmont's OK.You'll hear a few jokes like Shlongmont and such. A lot of mexicans live there that work at Con Agra .etc.I have several friends that live there & like it.It's about 10 miles NE of Boulder.Berthoud is 8 miles or so north of Longmont,& Loveland is probably another 4 past Berthoud .FT Collins & Horsetooth Res. is another 30 mins or so north.Lots of biking and hiking paths in the area.Boulder has the largest amount of open space of any city in the country I believe.There is Carter res up by Berthoud (city is no where near Berthoud pass).Denver is 30 miles south of Loveland on I-25.

I'd look into living in Lafayette,Erie, or maybe Louisville.Boulder is styley,but expensive.It depends on what you want.The Front Range is a pretty sweet place to live.

Got any question,just ask!
    Thanks for the info, this is good stuff...

B)

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn Man
    Single, wouldn't mind being near the party scene, but enjoy a little peace and quiet too.
    B)
    This decides it. Move to Boulder. Plenty of apts. Lots of 'crazy boy band ass' as well.

It's historically a farm community that's now made up of a mix of yuppie high-tech workers, young families who figured they'd get more starter-mansion than in Boulder, migrant and service-industry Hispanics, and good old fashioned rednecks.

I used to commute there from Denver-- about 35 minutes in good weather, suicidal in bad.

As for your other questions, get a map, use the Internet and then come back with specific, informed questions.

But Mtn Man! We'd miss you at Killington! Whoever said Colorado skiing was better than Vermont??

(and can I crash at your place? all winter long?)

It's a big place varying from Mexico City of the North, Boulder to the West, Kansas to the West and Meth Central to the South. There are plenty of cool places within reasonable commuting distance. What's the addy?

FYI-- the Berthoud and Loveland that freshie referred to are farm towns, not the high-alpine passes.

Longmont is the boonies. Mostly ag country. The Berthoud and Loveland that freshie refers to above are towns and not the same as the ski areas.
    If you want cheap and quiet, live in Longmont. Lafayette and Erie are seeing lots of new development. Turning suburban-ish.
    If you want young, party atmosphere... Boulder's the place, but pricey.
    Ft. Collins is a longer commute, but it's about the only other alternative with a larger demo of young folks.

edit: I'm too slow.
    Last edited by jibij; 06-17-2005 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinner
    As for your other questions, get a map, use the Internet and then come back with specific, informed questions.
    Just trying to get a general vibe for the place right now, no specific questions yet.

B)

FYI-- the Berthoud and Loveland that freshie referred to are farm towns, not the high-alpine passes.
    So Loveland is 1.5-2 hours away. How bout Bert?

B)

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles
    It's a big place varying from Mexico City of the North, Boulder to the West, Kansas to the West and Meth Central to the South. There are plenty of cool places within reasonable commuting distance. What's the addy?
    All I know is Longmont, I think at Amgen. Would be shift work so I could potentially squeeze a few ski days out during the week. So I want to live in between ski areas and work.

B)

Quote Originally Posted by pube-in-my-taco
    But Mtn Man! We'd miss you at Killington! Whoever said Colorado skiing was better than Vermont??

(and can I crash at your place? all winter long?)
    Not a problem, you just gotta bring LT or Magic Hat with you.

B)

Wink

Just wondering, are those towns the same as Berthoud and Loveland ski areas?

Not a problem, you just gotta bring LT or Magic Hat with you.

B)
    Be careful, I just might take you seriously. (:

It sounds like you don't even know the name of the company you're interviewing with???

I'm done with this thread.

It sounds like you don't even know the name of the company you're interviewing with???

Stated in previous post....Amgen.
    Are all CO maggots as cranky as you???

B)

It does sond like you need to be in Boulder!
    I live in Fort Collins about 35-40 mins north of Amgem. On a good day we can get to Loveland ski area in 1.5 hours on snow day make that 2 hours.
    I always say that Fort Collins has everything but snow skiing.
    I just got back from a quick water ski over lunch at the res. The bikking is pretty good and the poudre river rocks if you are into Kayaking.

Are all CO maggots as cranky as you???
    Wouldn't you be, if it nevers snows here!
    "Can't vouch for him, though he seems normal via email."

All I know is Longmont, I think at Amgen.
    This sounds like the voice of certainty. I think.

And yes, we are all this cranky. Some of us are assholes even.

This sounds like the voice of certainty. I think.

And yes, we are all this cranky. Some of us are assholes even.
    Ah, you're just trying to keep us ECers out of your hood, understandable. Don't worry, I don't take up much space and actually tele too. Not very well yet, but I'm workin' on it.

I just don't have the addy of Amgen right now, the recruiter didn't tell me much yet, still working on the interview. Sounds like I'm more than qualified for the job, just have to see if I like the place and get along with management. Therin lies the question....you aren't management there, are you????

B)

Are you sure you don't mean drink?
    Calmer than you dude