Random Weather chasers all die in tornado at intersection.

can't make it up....sad and lame.

usatoday,,,,

A spurt of tornado activity expected to hit the South in coming days has already claimed its first victims — three storm chasers who were killed when their vehicles collided at a rural crossroads during severe West Texas storms on Tuesday.

Two of those who died were contractors for the Weather Channel. There was a confirmed tornado reported about the time of the mid-afternoon fatal crash, according to Texas authorities.

"This afternoon we learned that three people died in a car accident in Texas, including two contractors for the Weather Channel, Kelley Williamson and Randy Yarnall," the Weather Channel wrote in a statement posted on its website. "Kelley and Randy were beloved members of the weather community. We are saddened by this loss and our deepest sympathies go out to the families and loved ones of all involved."

The crash happened at a remote intersection near the town of Spur, about 55 miles southeast of Lubbock. Funnel clouds were in the area at the time of the crash and heavy rain was reported, according to the National Weather Service.

The Texas Department of Public Safety Sgt. John Gonzalez said Williamson, 57, and Yarnall, 55, both of Cassville, Mo., were in a black Chevrolet Suburban traveling northbound and collided with a westbound jeep. The jeep's driver was identified as Corbin Lee Jaeger, 25, of Peoria, Ariz. All three were killed instantly, Gonzalez said.

The Suburban driven by Williamson ran a stop sign and slammed into the Jeep, Gonzalez said.

The storms spawned high winds, driving rain and occasional tornadoes in open areas of West Texas. On Wednesday, the threat shifts eastward, and forecasters say about 19 million people in Arkansas, Texas and Louisiana could see stormy weather, including the possibility of strong tornadoes.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

yah, not that surprising.
    driving fast as hell in a downpour, trying to catch a tornado or escape a tornado on country roads??

Oh, and your thread title sucks. I was really expecting them to have been picked up by a tornado after the crash
    . . .

Random Weather chasers all die in tornado at intersection.

Part of Reed Timmer's fame, unfortunately. He's seen the storm chaser traffic skyrocket. He started an app to help storm chasers (stormtracker?) coordinate and chase. I used to watch it for hours. There was just a map with weather info and the chasers as dots. You could click and different cars and watch the feed. About two years ago too many people were doing it and too many people watched and he had to decide to focus on that and the website or chase.

This was coming. Still sad. Surprising to hear the 25 year old jeep driver was the one not at fault, kinda. I struggle to say they died doing what they loved in this case. Sucked up into it? Maybe. I always wanted to hop into some sort of crazy super metal space suit and get sucked up into one, you know, for research. I'd be good if I went out like that.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

So, what your are saying is the tornado sucked the life out of them?
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    the poster children for distracted driving paid a high price
    color me unsurprised
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

not sure what the world gains by another video of a tornado, or a hundred.

Quote Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post
    Part of Reed Timmer's fame, unfortunately. He's seen the storm chaser traffic skyrocket. He started an app to help storm chasers (stormtracker?) coordinate and chase. I used to watch it for hours. There was just a map with weather info and the chasers as dots. You could click and different cars and watch the feed. About two years ago too many people were doing it and too many people watched and he had to decide to focus on that and the website or chase.

This was coming. Still sad. Surprising to hear the 25 year old jeep driver was the one not at fault, kinda. I struggle to say they died doing what they loved in this case. Sucked up into it? Maybe. I always wanted to hop into some sort of crazy super metal space suit and get sucked up into one, you know, for research. I'd be good if I went out like that.
    I used to watch too. More recently there was another site. I remember watching the live feeds of one of the guys who died. Sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Come for the poo-slinging, Save a fortune on a plumber.