Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What rehab place?

I'm asking for a friend. He says white walls and no hills make him sad. If there's a place that can be an inspiration or whatever, where is it? I was thinking Couerdelane somewhere. Can you go somewhere that has the best weed and they know it's not the debil? I've heard there's a place in Oregon to go do DMT to get your mind right. Is there a 50% of that somewhere? Maybe at the base of Lake Tahoe? Evidently you can't join the Leper colony in Hawaii anymore.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

rehab for what now?

Harvey's Lake Tahoe
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

What rehab place?

Depression. Evidently everyone around him has tried everything. So what now? He suffered a loss too great to bear recently.

Like if something doesn't drastically change his perspective somehow there's no hope or no point. Does Bimmerchef know?
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Quote Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post
    Depression. Evidently everyone around him has tried everything. So what now? He suffered a loss too great to bear recently.
    I don't think that's generally something you go to rehab for. But I know of a guy in Flagstaff who has experience doing wilderness therapy kind of stuff with addicts who would at least talk to your buddy and try to send him in the right direction.

Don't know if they are weed friendly. All I've ever done is drive past it - setting is pretty. In a weed legal state.

Sundown M Ranch Yakima WA

Oh wait.. read your follow-up. They are a addiction treatment center.

What rehab place?

Flagstaff sounds nice. You guys think him and MTT can meet up somewhere?

What rehab place?

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Don't know if they are weed friendly. All I've ever done is drive past it - setting is pretty. In a weed legal state.

Sundown M Ranch Yakima WA

Oh wait.. read your follow-up. They are a addiction treatment center.
    Some people are better in an altered state. Why is that such a hard thing to grasp? That's obvious here isn't it?

That's not an insult to you in any way, shape or form, KQ.

What rehab place?

He's Been there, done that. Nothing from his childhood can be outdone. His mom told him one time when he asked for a limo to go to Junior Prom... "if you get a limo this year, what do you have to look forward to next year?"

I think he's just spent. Gorgeous picture, though.

Just get married and have kids. Then you'll know what depression is all about.
    The kids are great, but you're stuck dealing with the woman that made them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    Just get married and have kids. Then you'll know what depression is all about.
    The kids are great, but you're stuck dealing with the woman that made them for you.
    That's a two-way street cupcake

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Some people are better in an altered state. Why is that such a hard thing to grasp? That's obvious here isn't it?

That's not an insult to you in any way, shape or form, KQ.
    That may be true for many people. See: successful and HAPPY people.

If an adult has crippling depression and can't put the pipe down the first place to start is figuring out why they can't put the pipe down.

Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    That's a two-way street cupcake
    Yes, yes it is. And full of cross town traffic.

What rehab place?

Nice...."tire tracks all across your back, I can see you've had your fun"
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

It's not my cup of tea. but hey.

Sorta like shock treatment?
    http://mustangranchbrothel.com/faq.php

Or he might just Harden the fuck up.

Weed?
    I know soo many people who are addicted to weed. Go skiing on weed. Golf "on weed" Big concert "On Weed"

I mean really, the denial. maybe they could not function with out weed. does it keep the bad behavior at bay?

would you be on some sort or psychotic if not for da weed? I have always wondered.

I lived with an ER Nurse for some years. She thought people who did weed should jailed. "no shit"

But remember how there was always A BOX of wine in the fridge. and She hit it every fucking night.

Go figure??
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

everybody's a hypocrite my man. you didn't know?

Ayawasca in South America
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

He's Been there, done that. Nothing from his childhood can be outdone. His mom told him one time when he asked for a limo to go to Junior Prom... "if you get a limo this year, what do you have to look forward to next year?"
    This example confuses me. What are you trying to say here? Guy's had a lifetime of First World problems?

Also growing body of literature for microdosing acid to treat depression
    https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...dosing/513035/

I've seen quite a bit on microdosing lately because of Ayelet Weldman (writer, wife of Michael Chabon), here's a recent New Yorker piece on her and acid: http://www.newyorker.com/culture/per...y-doses-of-lsd

Just the other day I saw a piece on depression and psilocybin too. Not sure where I saw it.

This wasn't the piece I just saw but it's along the same lines about psilocybin: https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/01/h...epression.html

yes, microdosing mushrooms does the trick for me. Even being around a good group of friends on shrams while sober myself leaves me refreshed and optimistic the next day.

I'm starting to come around on the hippy shit. Wilderness therapy sounds like a good deal. I agree with WG that substance abuse can often be a manifestation of something else, so the alternative forms of substance treatment may be beneficial.