Need List of Options for DD to replace XXL

No its not an old thread come to life. My XXL s ( 187 corrupt graphics bought very late ) lasted me 4 years or so and are too worn out for even rockskis. Had about 200 days on them and were skiing funny as the tips were bent back a bit. Think the the opposite of early rise more court jester.

So I got a deal on a pair of Whitedot Directors 2014 188 - not working out , too soft, too much rocker, not enough charge, find slowing down in chop do to being chucked around

Other skis still skiing - Head Super Mojo 105 191- rock ski , didn't like at first but ok ( 10 days a year)
    Big Dumps 192 - alot of work to get on edge or in tight quarters , not a daily ski but good once and a while ( 4 days a year)
    Bluehouse Precinct 192 - as powder ski good, chop/crud ok if still pretty soft, crappy at hard or icy groomer at bottom of hill , certainly has a speed limit ( 8 days a year)
    edit Super Bros 195 no speed limit and does pretty good in boot top pow 6 days a year

DD -40 days a year

List so far:

Armada Invictus 108 188
    Dyna Prorider 108 192 ( may be too much for daily Driver?)
    Wren 108 189
    cochise 192 maybe 185?
    Line Supernatual 108 186 ( may be too short with rocker)

add B Crows Corvus 193
    Last edited by DougW; 03-23-2017 at 04:01 PM.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

I went from a 187 XXL to a 185 Cochise (older version; I think it's the 2013 model). Cochise is more versatile, but not quite as damp as the XXL, and not quite as good at blasting through chop. But it floats better, and it's easier in tight spots.

I've skied the Supernatural 108 for a couple runs at a demo (which obviously isn't enough to get the full picture). Wasn't a huge fan. It felt a lot hookier than than the Cochise (or the XXL). It also felt a little more chattery. Some work on the tune probably would have helped the hookiness.

Just sold my monster 98s. Freight train skis...go through anything with no speed limit. Come in a 108 too.

Dynastar Legend 105/Pro Rider (But hard to find.)
    Another set of XXLs (there's low mileage pairs available)
    Armada Inviticus 108
    DPS Wailer 105 T2 Hybrid
    Head Monster 108

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Another set of XXLs (there's low mileage pairs available)
    ^This. I happen to be selling a minty pair of 187 XXLS....
    Do what you like, Like what you do.

Quote Originally Posted by gwat View Post
    ^This. I happen to be selling a minty pair of 187 XXLS....
    I really don't need these but they would add to the collection nicely. How much shipped to 98847?

How about Liberty Variant 113's? They will be available again in 17/18. Maybe a little too wide but Volkl Confession could fit the bill as well.

I really don't need these but they would add to the collection nicely. How much shipped to 98847?
    Hoarder

I would not recommend Digital Death replacing any pair of skis.

Oh, never mind. Q Labs are a bit turnier than XXL's but they are so smooth, you could run over a small child and not notice. Edge hold on hard stuff is ok. No kick tail, but some rocker. Mount -2.
    I know the Invictus is supposed to be the shit, but I feel like comparing a Cap/Sidewall blend Armada to an old school, race room Dynastar, is a laugh. Then again, I never thought there could be a pair of Salomons that could kick my ass. Next year, I'll have to work on staying forward so I don't lean back and ski into a tree when it's tight. lol.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Cochise (185)
    Invictus 108 (188)

Demo the Wrenegade 108

Oh, never mind. Q Labs are a bit turnier than XXL's but they are so smooth, you could run over a small child and not notice. Edge hold on hard stuff is ok. No kick tail, but some rocker. Mount -2.
    I know the Invictus is supposed to be the shit, but I feel like comparing a Cap/Sidewall blend Armada to an old school, race room Dynastar, is a laugh. Then again, I never thought there could be a pair of Salomons that could kick my ass. Next year, I'll have to work on staying forward so I don't lean back and ski into a tree when it's tight. lol.
    The Invictus 108 is as stable as a LP 105 imo, owned both. More fun and playful though.

$150 USD / shipped
    Do what you like, Like what you do.

Need List of Options for DD to replace XXL

I morffed my love of 194 LP's and XXL's into slightly shorter Kastle's, with no loss of performance.
    They can be a tad pricey, but dam they are fun.
    BMX105HP in a 181 for us old timers.

Hey Doug, if you are looking at Volkl Confessions a friend is probably selling a pair. 186 cm

How about a trade for a trade for a pair of Directors, be one of the few people with Whitedots at your hill. Instant conversation starter on lifts.

opps meant to quote on the XXLs but wouldapply to Volkls as well.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Replaced 187 XXL with Cochise 193.

damp and stable. not quite as damp as XXL, but more versatile and fun. More carvy, more slarvy. Takes more effort, but rewards that effort.

Wren 108 - wish I could have found a demo center. Sounds like another contender.

PS - the XXL will never sell. That ski was the only thing I could ride for few years after a broken tibia.
    I will keep it just in case I ever am injured, or just old AF and want a cadillac cushy ride.
    . . .

HEAD Monster 108

Amazing skis

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    The Invictus 108 is as stable as a LP 105 imo, owned both. More fun and playful though.
    I skied KaiSkis 190 Q Labs today for a run, he switched with my 188 Invictus. They feel like basically the same ski but the Q Lab is more turny. The tails of the Q Lab might be stiffer, but the overall flex of the Invictus felt stiffer. The Q Lab is easier to turn. You can't rush the turn on the Invictus unless you really stomp on them. The Invictus seems to track a bit better in grabby snow but the difference might be negligible. Dampness felt equal, same with weight. The 190 Q Lab is shorter than the 188 Invictus 108. I could be happy on the Q Lab but wouldn't trade for the Invictus.

Well price was an object and was able to get 2017 Cochise for $510Can ($380 US) which seems like a pretty good deal.

Another vote for the 184 cm head monster 108. The heads turn a little easier than the XXL, but still have that damp blast through anything feel.