Dynafir AT boots

Looking for information on width flex of Dynafit boots. Looking at Backcountry for reference they show nothing on width or flex. Went to Dynafit's site and I do not see it there either. I have a wide foot, I don't want to end up in a 98MM boot and then have to do major mods. Hard to tell when you try on a boot and the liners have not been cooked yet. At this point the boot is not going to be a great fit anyway. I want it to be stiff, not less than 120, 130 is fine also. Stiffer is better than soft. I already have a soft pair of Atomics that ski like crap. I was thinking about the Beast Carbon, Winter Guide or TKT 6 Mountain CR, anybody?

Winter guide and TLT6 mountain are both noodles, nowhere near 120. Both have plastic cuffs; to get the stiffness you are looking for takes a carbon cuff or way heavier boot. TLT series was pretty narrow, actually both of those might need she'll work for a truly wide foot.
    I have no experience with the beast, but it checks more of your boxes than the others.
    Gravity always wins...

a friend who is a big vert big line type of guy showed up with some Scott Carbon Orbits. He was previously a Dynafit user. Said the fit was better wide foot. He was happy with the boot. I am on my second season with the Cosmos 2. Over 120 touring days. I have no issues with durability. they seem to of fixed the tongue and walk mode issue. The liners are holding up great. The soles are showing more wear than I would like and they lack the dynafit toe piece that would probably make them easier to get in the binding. I do not know about the new boot you posted about. I will say that I am happy with my Cosmos 2 and the fit.
    off your knees Louie

Winter Guide, Radical CR, and TLT7 (all versions) are wide. None are stiff.

I have the beast carbon. It feels like a 120-130 boot. More progressive than the Vulcan, but it doesn't walk as well.

Not sure on the last width. I have fairly narrow feet and it fits well. You'd probably have to punch for width. Otherwise, I've been very happy with the boot.

The is a thread around here where others have reported some quality issues with theirs, but mine have been great - nothing to report that wasn't related to use error.

Seth

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...tive+boot+flex

^ useful for comparative flex ratings. If you're looking for 120+ and your handle starts with "bigdude" I am suspicious that you may not be too happy with Dynafit boots except whatever the Khion/Vulcan/Beast range is now... maybe Salomon MTN Lab or something is better to look at?

Bigdude has nothing to do with my size, 5"'8, 170 lbs. Many years ago, 20+ made my first purchase on EBAY, happened to be a pair of ski boots. Did not have an account and the bidding was right at the end when I decided to "jump in" so I had to set up an account quickly and for unknown reasons Bigdude came to mind, I still use it for screen names.

My alpine boots are K2 Spyne 130's and they are perfect for me. The Atomic Waymakers AT boots I have are so soft I can barely ski my AT set up with them. As I mentioned elsewhere I demoed the new Scott S1 boot which is a 120 on Scott's scale and they ripped by Underworld's with Vipec bindings. Tried the Salomon Mtn Lab on but at 97.5 wide they would need major punches to make them fit.