Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Just got off a conference call.

To add.

I smoke too! - Marlboro's
    Not to expect you to quit two things at once, but Marlboro are pure evil. I don't know what chemicals they put in there, but it is hyper addictive.

Try rolling your own, or American Spirit or something less chemically adulterated.
    Chain smoking Marlboro Red makes you so twitchy you NEED to drink to relax.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Not to expect you to quit two things at once, but Marlboro are pure evil. I don't know what chemicals they put in there, but it is hyper addictive.
    Ruh roh:

The Marlboro Man Died of Lung Cancer?

Model David Millar, one of the original Marlboro Men who appeared in television commercials for the cigarette brand in the 1950s, died of emphysema at the age of 81 in 1987

Wayne McLaren, who posed for some promotional photographs on behalf of Marlboro in 1976, succumbed to lung cancer at age 51 on 22 July 1992

David McLean, who appeared in many Marlboro television and print advertisements starting in the early 1960s, also died of cancer at age 73 on 12 October 1995

In 2014, Eric Lawson, another television actor who appeared in Marlboro advertisements between 1978 to 1981, died of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) at the age of 72

Radiologist pal told me alcohol/cigarette combo creates an amplified blend of carcinogenic and other risks vs a single vice.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Radiologist pal told me alcohol/cigarette combo creates an amplified blend of carcinogenic and other risks vs a single vice.
    I think this is true with most things. The pot/tobacco blend I usually smoke is definitely going to kill me from the inside out. On the list of things to do this summer is cut back.

I have a nice little buzz right now. not feeling guilty.

However, I did not do all the things I would have liked to have done this weekend.

"But I did nothing related to work. I just let it all go." I needed that. To just not worry about anything for a couple days is needed now and then.

A week ago I started this thread. Because I could see that I was Drinking too Much! And its interfering with what I really want to do, and who I want to be.

So this past week I did cut back. And will continue to do so. I will continue to look to my internet ski buddies for motivation.

I can go through the rest of my life just like this. But ??

I see the tight rope I am walking. I don't even like tight ropes "Or do I"?

Anyway just checking in on Sunday night.

I have another Dentist appointment next Thursday. and then the BIG ONE a couple weeks after that. Supposed to get all the upper and lower done in one day, I walk out with something that resembles a smile. We shall see.

Interesting; without drinking for a few days, my Blood pressure and heart rate were higher than I am accustomed to.

I was 90 / 130 and heart rate of 74.

No so long ago I was 75 /115 / 65

I guess at 56 its starting to show that I am not bullet proof
    Sounds good. Wouldn't call a good weekend buzz without missing work "walking a tightrope". Sounds like you're not becoming a workaholic either, so that's good.
    I guess whenever​ you get your face fixed, you'll be fine?

That's nice. I can't fix most of the shit wrong with me or in my life or I would have done it after 32 years.

This biggest problem is my loss. I can't help feeling like I'm somehow damaved goods now. At least a little.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Sounds good. Wouldn't call a good weekend buzz without missing work "walking a tightrope". Sounds like you're not becoming a workaholic either, so that's good.

That's nice. I can't fix most of the shit wrong with me or in my life or I would have done it after 32 years.

This biggest problem is my loss. I can't help feeling like I'm somehow damaved goods now. At least a little.
    Hard to reply to this.

what to you want from life?
    And

chick dig scars?

Have you noticed that no matter how successful a person might be, they have insecurities, flaws. weak points. regrets?

Maybe it's all shit. and you just need to cut yourself a bit of slack
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Or you could just like not get drunk or high for more than 1 day. Totally crazy right?!?!

Vibes to all that have addiction issues. Even healthy ones under the microscope can show cracks. Good luck.

The foundation for a new touring rig.

Very good condition. "Am Happy"
    Attachment 203321
    Beast 14's, Big Sky Mountain Skins and BCA Tracker 3 on the way.

What's the use of earning it if ya can't spend it, right?
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Bouncing around You tube and revisited this one.

how does it make you feel?

17 year old song!
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Hey man, I just "Really saw what you typed here"

Without putting a great deal of time into a response. I want to say this.

Your life will go on. Years and years go bye. 32? god I have been so much since I was your age.
    And when your my age, you feel the same but with more regrets and more great memories.

No idea what prompted your post. but I see you are troubled.

Forgive yourself. Enjoy what ever it is that makes you happy.
    Don't hurt others.
    Anyway, its's hard to put into words. But you have years and years ahead of you.
    Make them yours. they pass quickly/
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by Dromontana View Post
    I've moved past the days where I actually enjoy being drunk.
    Same here. I still love having a beer or two or three but for me having more is always about diminishing returns and ever worsening hangovers. Alcohol doesn't work as an escape for me and when I am angry or depressed I can't even drink a single beer.

For other people it is different and they need help.

Good luck MTT.

Quote Originally Posted by Dromontana View Post
    I've moved past the days where I actually enjoy being drunk. It's just a prelude to a hangover & wasted time.
    Totally. No one likes to be sick with a cold or the flu. Drinking too much and having a hangover is like you intentionally went out and picked up a bug. Ick.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Same here. I still love having a beer or two or three but for me having more is always about diminishing returns and ever worsening hangovers. Alcohol doesn't work as an escape for me and when I am angry or depressed I can't even drink a single beer.
    Again, a day wasted with a hangover is a day you're not getting back.

I'm with you - drinking only sounds good when I feel good on a nice day or a fun evening out. It buoys my already good mood. If I'm down or tired it's the last thing I think of turning to.

Deleted a bunch of shit I typed about my last few years.

???
    Thinking about it.
    I have some shit I need to say
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Own your fail. ~Jer~

I have some shit I need to say
    Here's a tip: quotation marks are for quoting things other people say. That's about their only use besides "scare" quotes.

boozing's hard. Quittings harder. Best of luck MTT.
    Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Here's a tip: quotation marks are for quoting things other people say. That's about their only use besides "scare" quotes.
    Shut the fuck up rontele. Let the man speak.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Or you could become President......

Seriously, right?

Bouncing around You tube and revisited this one.

how does it make you feel?

17 year old song!
    See ya, raise ya.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    boozing's hard. Quittings harder. Best of luck MTT. Shut the fuck up rontele. Let the man speak.
    Quitting can be easy, staying quit is the hard part. It is a progressive disease and you generally pick up where you left off with a quickness, even after many years. Right now, the tolerance is built up for better or for worse, but going back to drinking like you did after some time off is giving the body something it is not quite ready for anymore. Have seen plenty of people go from zero to ICU in short order.

Enough with the AA bullshit. There's no disease. There are no relapses. It's all a matter of choices and personal accountability, and AA is an excuse mechanism. Which works for some people, and good for them, but it doesn't work for most. Google "AA success rate" if you doubt me.

I'm glad you've found success with it but quit hustling for converts here like some Mormon kid is forced to do in Guatemala.

On a patching call tonight.

right now.

So not tonight.
    Working with a DBA who is in West Jordan. but does not ski.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~