WTB Smith Rover or Forefront MIPS size small

Trying to find a good deal on a small Smith Forefront or Rover with MIPS. Could be talked out of MIPS if it's a gimmick - looking out for the family.

Seth

I understand the benefits of MIPS but can't get comfortable with it. Having little (no? ) hair all I feel is plastic sheets on my head and I can also feel the helmet move. One feels slimy when it's sweaty and the other is weird.

there are a few non-MIPS Forefronts listed for sale on Smith's "Discontinued" page at a pretty nice discount to retail. I had the non-MIPS Forefront and recently replaced it with the MIPS version and am happy to report that the fit and comfort feels the same to me.

Why did you go MIPS? What convinced you?

I'm not convinced, but MIPS didn't cost much more than the non-MIPS would have. it's cheap insurance even if it does nothing (as long as the fit is still good, which in my case it is).

not that it's really relevant to this discussion, but I get a modest level of support from Smith (just for full disclosure).

Thanks. I pulled the trigger today on the MIPS version of the Forefront for the same reasons you stated - not much more expensive and might help.

Love my forefront, Smith fits me well and bees cant get to my bald dome!