Replacing my BD Stigma skis

I've got several years on my Black Diamond Stigma skis (approx 5 years old) and it's time to start looking for a replacement. This was sold as a lightweight, traditional touring skis. It has trad. camber and dims of 125/80/109. It would be used purely for front side on firmer days in Vermont (I don't need an ice skate, though). I'm looking for something under 90mm at the waist.

Me: 6'1", 180+ lbs. Advanced tele skier. These will get mounted with NTN bindings.

Black Diamond suggested their Link 90 as a replacement. What else should I be looking at?

Wow, a full day and 70+ views and no one on TGR can name a ski under 90mm. So, random thoughts because I should be working:

-- I'm a big Liberty fanboy based on half a season on the Sequence 95mm twin; have heard good things about the Variant , which could suit your intended use in 87mm width - see Telemarkdown (http://www.telemarkdown.com/store/li...ty-variant-87/).

- I'd also look at Fischer Pro Mtn 80ti and Pro Mtn 86ti when they inevitably get blown out cheap late season, or their predecessor Motive 86: http://www.the-house.com/8961fimot86...cher-skis.html . Traditional camber on the light side; not a touring ski like the Stigma but versatile front siders. I have the Motive 88 (similar to the 86 but no metal) and like it a lot for front-side New England skiing -- never an "oh wow" moment but never an "oh sh*t" moment either; 80 or 86 with metal would be fine too.

Brahma
    Kendo
    Experience 88

Just in case any other BD Stigma ski fans are reading this, I was given a pair of 166cm in very good condition (mounted once, older Dynafit pattern) to dispose of to a worthy recipient.
    Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

PM sent.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    These will get mounted with NTN bindings.
    I would check out Praxis Exp, and more importantly, I would check out some tech tele bindings. Putting 4 lb of binding on 4 lb of ski seems unbecoming of a turn farmer. Nay, a gentleman turn farmer.
    So maybe that's the point.

ETA: Voile Objective or G3 Findr, sweet deal here:

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...-86-108-1-390g
    Last edited by dschane; 03-15-2017 at 11:44 PM.

Thanks for the link. The Findr has way too much tip rocker. I'm looking for something much more traditionally cambered.

For a short front rocker and classic camber with Stigmaish dimensions, check out the Black Crows Ova or Ova Freebird if you prefer the lighter weight of a tourer.

I'm selling 177 Nordica Hell 'n Backs with skins for $150 shipped. Inserts for Dukes and holes for Kingpins. One big topsheet chip. Maybe 20 days on them. I can check if NTN will fit if you're interested.

Quote Originally Posted by SoooL View Post
    For a short front rocker and classic camber with Stigmaish dimensions, check out the Black Crows Ova or Ova Freebird if you prefer the lighter weight of a tourer.
    Now we're talking. Any other suggestions like this?

Anyone have experience with the Kastle T87?

Ooops. They are Kastle TX87.

Other recommendations still appreciated!

Praxis 9D8 in UL and carbon build during April sale.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

I'm running a set of Elan Spectrum 85's tele, which would certainly fit the bill for what you're looking for.
    Gravity. It's the law.