Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Whitecap alpine ski touring TGR discount - Pemberton/Whistler BC - Apr 11 - 15, 2017

Lodgeowner asked me to pass this around. Cost is $ CAD 1050 fully guided, fully catered all costs in. Ie heli in, food, someone to break trall etc. There are two guides so the groups can be split pretty easy. That;s about 750 USD??

There was a group cancellation due to personal circumstances so owner wants to fill the lodge so that it isn't empty in a prime week. 5 days 5 nights. April 11 - 15. Stages out of Pemberton BC and Birkenhead in BC> About 30 mins N of Whistler. Ski touring lodge

https://www.wildsnow.com/11025/white...ntains-skiing/ for more from some previous trips I did

Kind of amazing conditions this year so April will be good. Plus a metric ton of N faces

Get hold of lodgeowner at info@whitecapalpine.ca for payment. Use code "TGR420".

Last edited by LeeLau; 03-13-2017 at 11:47 AM.

BUMP as this is heck of a deal. I receive no renumeration from the hut. No commish. Nada. Just spamming a pretty good deal

Thx for posting. Good deal especially for muricans.

Look at that pillow line. I still have never skied one of those. It's a dream of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Look at that pillow line. I still have never skied one of those. It's a dream of mine.
    We lapped those. There are another few lines like that just up from the hut and then hockey stop at the front door

One more bump

So tempting.

Killer deal, we tried to get in there in January but it was sold out long before we tried to book. I have family in town or I would be on this, crazy value especially for the Americans.

How many people does it take, minimum? maximum? Same price regardless of group size?

I might be interested if I can wrangle up a crew.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

I'm also interested and have the same questions as hutash. Just came upon some time off work in April and this would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    How many people does it take, minimum? maximum? Same price regardless of group size?

I might be interested if I can wrangle up a crew.
    It takes 14 people max. Last I heard there were 6 spots left AFTER my friends and I take 4 spots. So there'll be 6 spots left but its best to email them to find out. I'll drop the lodge owner a line too.

Same price whether its a solo or someone taking all 6 spots

How any actual skis days vs travel days?

Is it heli up in the PM 4/11 and out AM 4/15 so three ski days? That what it appears to be on the website, or is it 4.5 days?

I would really like to pull this off, but it's a long trip for me if it is three days.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Just checked. Its 6 spots still.

Heli up in the am on the 11th. Heli down at noon on the 15th. So a half day on each exchange day. Because daylight is so long now you can easily go a full day on the 11th but it kinda depends on group motivation. If it were me Id be coming back by headlamp.

Im telling the guide thats what I want on the 11th ie a full day If you want that then best to also let Whitecap know that yourself

Cool, thanks for the info. Going to send and email today, looks like I might see you there

iscariot

Cool, thanks for the info. Going to send and email today, looks like I might see you there
    How are you getting from Van to Pemberton? Are you filling the rest of the six spots?

Must.Resist.

Cool - just saw this in the FAQ http://whitecapalpine.ca/frequently-asked-questions/

So looks like we're leaving Pemby by say 12 with entire group at lodge at say around 2pm. Doesn't get dark till 7.30pm so that's enough time for lots of skiing

Couldn't find the lodge map on the website - have a look at this

. Lodge is L8446.

Here's some geotagged maps. Here's the W Part of the tenure. Lodge is at the pass below Mt McGillivray. You can load them into Avenza PDF MAps

http://pub.data.gov.bc.ca/datasets/1...2J/092J067.pdf

Here's E side of tenure http://pub.data.gov.bc.ca/datasets/1...2J/092J068.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    How are you getting from Van to Pemberton? Are you filling the rest of the six spots?

Must.Resist.
    Resistance is futile.

Haven't figured out all the details yet, but most likely just renting a car in Van or Seattle. Will likely spend a day or two pre and/or post trip at Whistler or somewhere in WA (if it's cheaper to go via seattle. )

So far just me, everybody else insists on being a responsible adult...fuck that.

iscariot

I am in, deposit sent

Would love to coordinate with fellow mags, Cheers, and thanks for the heads up Lee, I own you a bottle.

iscariot

While all of you are in your cube dying your slow slow deaths hutash will be skiing this pow

Whitecap hut is at 1920m. This was snow today at 1850m in the Duffey.

Haven't been present on here much lately and didn't see this. Just sent an email to see if there are any spots left - if there are, I'm in. Possibly another, if the spots are available. Knock on wood for me, biatches.
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Last I heard two spots were still open, hope you get them. I am flying into Van on Sunday noonish and renting a car if you go and want to coordinate something.

Okay Lee, I expect conditions to be as deep as those pics, you are on notice mang

iscariot

Just saw you are already there.

FKNA, getting excited about this trip.

iscariot

Hey shafty and hutash there is this glacier off Whitecap about two hours off the hut.

and then McGillivray Peak

Hutash, I'm on the island, so arranging a ride might work well. I'll stay in touch.

Lee, you bringing your glacier gear? (I think you said you're going, but could be wrong)
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Quote Originally Posted by shafty85 View Post
    Hutash, I'm on the island, so arranging a ride might work well. I'll stay in touch.

Lee, you bringing your glacier gear? (I think you said you're going, but could be wrong)
    Yup wife and me are coming. Some friends were coming but their TPS reports are more important to them than pow. Going to let the guides make the call on how much gear to bring. Snowbridges are thick this year. Maybe we just ski triple overhead blower

More from today