Scott S1 Touring boot

Had a chance yesterday to demo the new Scott S1 touring boot. I was very skeptical based on reviews of the current Scott AT boots that seemed to fall apart. (you can check reviews on Backcountry). Talking to the Scott Rep he said the current boots were hold overs from Garmont and admitted that they had issues. The S1 and S1 Pro with carbon will not be available at retailers until next fall. These are fully Scott's design. The boots are certainly different, they are a three buckle design with the top buckle being a combo buckle /booster strap design. The bottom two buckles use a "loop" type of set up that looked weird but worked very well. They are god ugly. Boots are all white with red accents. Rep said they use Grilamid which is harder to add color to. Hmmm, plenty of boots are made with Grilamid that are not white. The S1 is 101.5 wide and the S1 Pro is 103. I have a wide foot and the S1 fit very well. In bounds on my Moment Underworld's with Vipec bindings they were very strong. Very firm conditions and it took me half a run to feel comfortable and the set up was great. Much more responsive than my current Atomic Waymaker's that suck. Walk mode is on the front of the boot, worked very well, it gave a great feel with plenty of range. Wished I could have used them on the up more than about 20 minutes, but FWIW it was light weight and worked well. I will seriously consider them when available. I told the rep if they can't change the boot color at least change the accent color to black.

Hmmm, wide toe box, does it also have a narrower heel, wasn't that fit typical of Garmont ?

There is a write up of the boot on wildsnow

why do the waymakers suck ...cuz they don't fit?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

The Waymakers are rated 110, not stiff by any stretch of the imagination but Jesus, they are really soft. The S1's are 120 but I would say 30 % stiffer. Understand that no standard exists for how stiff a boot is across manufacturers but I would have expected them to be stiffer than what they are. The heel was tight, I had no lift although I never seem to have an issue with that part of my foot.. My forefoot is wide 2E so that was a great fit.

Due to the small feet/narrow chicken heels n ankles/wide forefoot not much fits me (mercury & vulcan do ) but If these^^ fit anything like the old Garmonts they might fit me
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I feel like comparing the waymaker to the s1 might be a bit like comparing a Fiesta to a Corvette. Sure the corvette breaks down a ton and there's better sports cars out there, but it's a WAY better sports car than a Fiesta.

Am i way off base? Isn't the s1 basically a rear entry boot? There was a reason those went extinct...