Trade 186 Kartel 108 for 185 Cochise or 184/189 Wren 108

SOLD!!!

UPDATE: So my quiver was pretty much dialed, but i jumped on the 2nd to last pair of 186 Kartel 108's in stock this year, because... reasons. Was hoping they would ski like a cambered Devastator, as that is my reference jibby all mountain charger. I mounted these up on the line and took them out for two days, and i liked a lot about these (pop, dampness, edgehold, plenty stable), but i was really fighting the shape and/or mount point. I LOVE the on3p on snow feel, and i can tell these are plenty playful AND capable of charging pretty hard. So I remounted at -2cm and skied them 2 more days. I instantly liked them better, and had i never skied my Devastators i would be ranting and raving, but I just like the Devastators better in almost all conditions...

CONDITION:
    -edges 10/10 (tuned 2* base and 2* side, same factory detune 2-3" before start of rocker out to tip/tale)
    -bases 10/10
    -topsheet/sidewall 8-9/10 (a few small chips since the one pictured, but not much)

Skied 4 days. Mounted with p18's on recommended for 317mm BSL, holes plugged, and remounted -2cm for same binding and BSL. p18's have ~25 days. I can plug/unplug any holes, confirm hole spacing, or even drill for a new binding if there is a jondrums template for it.

SALE/TRADE:
    -skis only $430 shipped CONUS
    -skis and bindings $620 shipped CONUS
    -new or similar condition 184/189 Wren 108

there are none left for this year, and they look to be unchanged for next year. Feel free to ask any questions. Thanks!

Last edited by chewski; 04-05-2017 at 06:20 PM.

So if you were to change the mount where would you change it to?

So, I have the same exact setup, except pivot 14's. even same BSL. absolutely love em. Why 1.5 on the base? Not that .5 would ever be noticeable, just curious.

I'd say give em another chance, maybe you just need more than one day to get used to em. Nobody is ever gonna pay $650 + shipping for a pair of skis, mounted once or brand new.

Edit- just looked at mine, your bindings look about an inch further back from where mine are mounted, mine are mounted on the recommended line. That's a yuuuge difference. Unless the p18s have a vastly different footprint...
    Last edited by t-the-east; 03-11-2017 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    So, I have the same exact setup, except pivot 14's. even same BSL. absolutely love em. Why 1.5 on the base? Not that .5 would ever be noticeable, just curious.

I'd say give em another chance, maybe you just need more than one day to get used to em. Nobody is ever gonna pay $650 + shipping for a pair of skis, mounted once or brand new.

Edit- just looked at mine, your bindings look about an inch further back from where mine are mounted, mine are mounted on the recommended line. That's a yuuuge difference. Unless the p18s have a vastly different footprint...
    1.5 because i am a tuning nut, and have trie d many skis at 1, retrie d them at 1.5, and even retried a few at 2 base bevel, and i just like skis this wide more with more base bevel. The only skis i hold iff on going straight to 1.5 base are skinny skis or skis with a very unique design (i tried BG's at 1 base first because i had never been on RES).

$650 because i offered trade options as well. And, you know, find a pair of these anywhere else.... literally, find one. In this length. Anywhere.

As for mount, 100% sure i am on the line. I would mount -2cm if i did it again. Will try detuning some more if no takers by tomorrow. I have the tips/tales similarly detuned as the factory tune, but i got underfoot SHARP AF! Too sharp it may seem....

From my experience with several pairs of ON3P from the factory, they do a good job tuning them, all I do to start is detune the tip and tail rocker. Sounds like you may have over thought the tuning, especially on a ski meant to be skied more free style than a carver. I also always put boot center on the recommended line. The ON3P crew have that sorted out nicely. I would suggest taking it back to their tune, and ski these very centered, maybe a little forward to start, then tweak them to your liking.
    Last edited by galenparke; 03-11-2017 at 08:17 PM.

Send PM about possible Cochise trade.

Spent a second full day on these. All i did was some moderate-heavy detuning with a gummi and it made a HUGE difference. These went from unpleasant to ski to pretty damn fun. However, i still think my devastators are a better fit for me with a similar intended purpose, so these are still up for sale. Same condition as original post.

Got some offers on cochise and older wrens, but very interested in wren 108. Anyone holdin?

I'm interested... But, I just offer 2012 Cochise at 185. Would throw in some dollars, too.

Quote Originally Posted by fantorama View Post
    I'm interested... But, I just offer 2012 Cochise at 185. Would throw in some dollars, too.
    No thanks on '12 cochise, but if you want to buy em outright, let me know!

Pending offer. Still available until money's in the bank, though

SOLD!!!