Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    This would be the week I decided to go to Hawaii; hard to regret that, though, especially after the unsung dump at Scweitzer on the last of Feb. Hey Goldmember, did you make the Powder Tuesday to End All Tuesdays?

All I can add from here is that Joel's has been in permanent residence for a while now but still closes early last I knew; maybe 4-5, but not open for dinner, anyway, and I've been too late a few times after hanging on till closing. If you come down too late for Joel's go straight across 95 for solid Mexican and excellent mole at the edge of the Home Depot parking lot, just as it should be. Not quite as cheap but good and large portions. In town, Arlo's (Italian) is awesome but not dirt bag, and Thai should be had on 1st, not 2nd Ave these days--2nd is for pizza, unless you want NY style, then go see Bab's on Hwy 2.

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
    No course report from Mofro?
    The Schweiz has now shit on me 3 years in a row. The 2 worst pineapples I've skied in and today brought rained on schmoo to the top, 70mph gusts and white out fog.

Once the fog lifted and the wind calmed down its been kinda fun spring slush on the groomed and less suction where it ain't groomed. I was able to break 70mph on Stiles so I'm still having fun.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Just as good as the cams made it look this morning. Will look for L120s shooting flames from the Great Escape lift tomorrow.

Looks like Whitefish Sunday, Fernie Monday, Kicking Horse Tuesday, Lake Louise Wednesday, Revelstoke Thursday then who knows

Jono -No, missed that day. Friend of mine said it was the best day in the last ten years. Damn job...

Today was a bust, I'm sure. I'm here now for the weekend so hope it straightens out. Back country is probably out, per Mofros report. Off to WB next week for a few days. Fingers crossed.

I didn't make it to Spokane today so no Idaho skiing for me this weekend. Sounds like it's about as soggy here as there

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    Jono -No, missed that day. Friend of mine said it was the best day in the last ten years. Damn job...
    That was how I described it and three others said the same to me. Above my waist dropping into Misfortune that morning, hooting and hollering the whole way down. We'll have to connect up there some time; I make myself easy to spot with the purple pants.
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

Quote Originally Posted by Leftyt View Post
    Looks like Whitefish Sunday, Fernie Monday, Kicking Horse Tuesday, Lake Louise Wednesday, Revelstoke Thursday then who knows
    What? You get to KH keep going to Revy do LL before KH. Another option is you could finish the loop and hit Sun Peaks, Silver Star, Big White, Apex.

2Funky surprised I missed ya Thursday.

It all depends on the weather that is just tentative

What are the odds Whistler gets hit?

Had free tickets to Apex, BW, & SS, and we were going to ski Revy, all the snow went South & we chose to get back to ID for the powder. You just never know what the weather is going to do, sounds like a fun trip.

Quote Originally Posted by teledance View Post

2Funky surprised I missed ya Thursday.
    I was there man. Rolling with kopi_red. I am in diff color gear this year. 'Twas good.

Baker was kind of fun for a few runs before I got soaked all the way through.

49N skied like a cougar with a boob-job;
    firm on top, squishy on the bottom
    ya, thats the voice of experience....
    "we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up" mike tyson

Can confirm it was absolute shit at Schweitzer. Much like WTFs cougars but straight out of the 70's with the biggest fucking bush that would get knotted and tangled with your fro. Once plowed through it would not want to let go. Ski Patrol posted signs to stick to the groomers. I dropped off 1 ungroomed run and out of nowhere, guess who comes blazing down with his red especials on. No other then Mofro. I recognize the nimble machine lacing it so I yell out and he stops without killing himself in the chunder. He was kind enough to turn it down a notch from his Garmin watch confirmed 77mph lines as we made a few more runs before he headed off to watch his son race and I had to grab my little ones from ski school. I feel like a horrible host as the options were so limited and he was so gracious with the lines at BBI.

Yeah, it's been warm in the Missoula area. Might wanna skip Western MT right now. No lie.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Man, tough weekend at Schweitzer. Fortunately, I missed Friday which, from what I was told, was the pinnacle of pineapple. Saturday saw the North Bowl and South Ridge both closed. Today we wandered into C3; breakable crust on top of rain-soaked mank...WooHoo! Fortunately the groomers were...okay. On my way to Whistler tomorrow, storms on the way. I hope to get some better luck up there this week.

Jono, shoot me a pm on when you might be up again. I'm a little harder to spot, no purple pants.

Man if I was chasing rain I sure nailed it!

Baker skied way better than expected today!

Rain fkn rain up to 8k
    "we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up" mike tyson

Yeah talk about a swing and miss for a trip.

Whistler skied pretty good on Wednesday and okay on Thursday. Today has 10" of new so would be a good one today. Tuesday was modified rain, aka, sleet for most of the day. It was wet and the T-bars and 7th Heaven were closed (flat light/fog up top) and avalanche conditions not good in the alpine. Wednesday, though, was cooler with four inches of new over smooth base and made for some really fun skiing in good light. What made my day, though, was skiing with Eric Pehota who took me to some of his favorite stashes that were mostly untracked. Great to ski with someone who really knows the mountain and can rip. We went to dinner that night with he and Parveen at MileOne Eatery in Pemberton; great spot and WAAAY less expensive than anything in Whistler. Thursday had another four inches of new over ice so was....okay. Kind of foggy at different layers so not the best but we skied until 3:30 so it couldn't have been too bad. However, we skied until 3:00 on Tuesday, too and were pretty moist by the end of the day. So it goes at WB.

Well that doesn't sound, bad.

^^ Yeah, way better than my options for this weekend. That I'm posting on TGR at 10:00 on a Saturday morning is a clue as to current conditions at Schweitzer..... While WB could have been better, it also could have been way worse. Glad we went; at least we got our ski fix for the week.

^ I hear ya man. I'm super jonesing right now, this crazy warm weather really sucks around here. We should still be skiing pow! Tomorrow looks sunny so may head out for that.