Does anyone else's Sternum pop?

It's the weirdest thing. It never happened until a few years ago I took a pretty hard fall while skiing and now it pops every once in a while, usually when I'm stretching or something like that. Well...sometimes it feels like a pop is really overdue and it starts to hurt quite a bit, gets pretty sore. I guess it's not even my sternum, but right in between my ribs a few inches up from my sternum. What the hell is this all about, anything to fix it?

Mine does the same thing fairly often when I stretch. In fact, it just did a few minutes ago. However, mine never hurts. I have no idea on any type of remedy for it, but perhaps go to a chiroprator and talk to them about it. My best guess is that something is just out of whack and pops back in when ou stretch a certain way...not much different that your knuckles or something.

its likely that during that fall you might have either torn some of the ligaments that attach the cartilage in the ribcage to the sternum or the cartilage to the ribs(costochondral joints).
    fighting gravity on a daily basis

WhiteRoom Skis
    Handcrafted in Northern Vermont
    www.whiteroomcustomskis.com

I had that fairly regularly and now only occasionally. Like a pressure buildup. I even had it checked out using a tomographic scan (something like that). The doctor's concensus was it was damage to the costal cartilage around the ribs where they connect to the sternum.

The condition may have been brought about by either too much weightlifting or from an auto accident wherem, after being rear-ended, I hit the steering wheel hard, bounched back hard, and tore the seat out of the floor.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

too much biking and not enough skiing

Not any more, but untill my ribs healed where I separated them from my sternum it was a frequent and painful occurence.
    "if the city is visibly one of humankind's greatest achievements, its uncontrolled evolution also can lead to desecration of both nature and the human spirit."
    -- Melvin G. Marcus 1979