Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Impossible to know if you are going to like or not like a ski with out a demo, that being said...

I've been trying to beat the stuffings out of an "older" pair E88's (pre honeycomb tip) for a few seasons now and they just keep replying "That's all you got?"

Pretty sure you could pick up a newly used for a song.

I would consider the 88's, 98's and even the 100.

Good luck.

87-94 with a little tip rocker and metal... that is what you call fun everyday skis... and it was the Volkl Mantra a few years back before they made it flat/reverse camber.

Now?

Check out the Liberty Variant 87 or 97 depending on your edge vs float priorities. Bamboo/Poplar with titanal, carbon stringer, and quadraxial braid, normal camber with a modest tip rocker and a traditional flared square tail... stiff, damp, with energy!
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

you don't want a ~100 groomer ski, not great for hard snow and won't cover much since the qlab is just 106 underfoot I believe.

this ski in my quiver is the praxis snd and it's great!

Thirded on the Head Monster. Just make sure you have the mount point right.

I found this pugski thread useful:
    http://forum.pugski.com/threads/nord...nster-98.1245/
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Love my E100 on hard snow. By "hard snow", I mean New England hardpack.
    Like it on other snow.

I appreciate all the responses!

Quote Originally Posted by mfa81 View Post
    you don't want a ~100 groomer ski, not great for hard snow and won't cover much since the qlab is just 106 underfoot I believe.

this ski in my quiver is the praxis snd and it's great!
    Qlab is 109, but I do see what you're saying. The last couple hard snow days, I was able to find smiles with them on the groomers, and thought "if these were just a cm or so narrower with a bit more edge grip...."

But it's been a long time since I've seriously considered a sub-105 ski, so I didn't really know where to start. Hence, thread. I'll investigate those Praxis, too.... thanks!
    focus.