Adjusting toe piece btw. tour and WTR soles..

Hi everyone,

so far I had just boots with either alpine or touring soles and I did adjust the binding toe (Marker Tour and Tyrolia Adrenaline) accordingly.
    Lately I got myself some Lange XT 130 LV (the white ones, not the Free Tour) with WTR soles.
    I wanted to adjust the binding which was set to touring and, with my surprise, the height was already OK - paper sheet method between sole and binding's sliding plate.

I understood that touring and WTR had to be different.

Is there anything wrong or am I good to go? (I skied one day with the setting and I had no issues nor I noticed anything strange, but that doesn have necessarily to mean much)

Thanks in advance
    Axxx

Trust thy paper. It seems that your WTR's are falling in the same place as your touring boot.

Make sure that you've rocked the boot, heel to toe & L to R a few times. I always end with a toe up motion to ensure it's set against the upper toepeice. I've found that occasionally that the AFD pressure seems right but the boot wasn't all they way up at the toe. After the rocking procedure, the Paper was loose.

Now go ski and enjoy the new boots.

Quote Originally Posted by PNB View Post
    I understood that touring and WTR had to be different.
    WTR is not an ISO standard, WTR sole heights fall within the ISO 9523 touring boot spec (28mm plus or minus 5mm) and add a smooth AFD contact patch. You should be good to go.

Thanks for the replies!