Ice Axe Shaft tubing

I am looking for traditional-shaped ice axe handle tubing in a 2+' section. I have tried a few different sources with no luck. Any suggestions besides hacking the head and spike off an existing axe?

Try looking for a Petzl Snow Tube. Basically just the shaft of an ice axe, designed as a snow anchor. Available in a 100 cm size, although I'm not sure if they still manufacture it.

Hockey stick shaft maybe?

^^^Great ideas, problem solved. Petzl Snow Tube is perfect for project in mind, and I am going to check out a hockey stick for future reference. Thanks for your posts!

Quote Originally Posted by permnation View Post
    ^^^Great ideas, problem solved. Petzl Snow Tube is perfect for project in mind......
    So, are you going to tell us?

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjon View Post
    So, are you going to tell us?
    It's just to make a long(er) winter camping shovel and will be cut down from 100cm stock size. I'll post a pic when it's done.

Nice. I didn't know these existed as a professional alternative to carrying a 50cm piece of a 2x4s plank, which of course is more of a pain to get into the snow (but cheaper to leave behind).
    ~#at night the highway's diesel roar/speaks to me and tells me more/than any book I've ever read/or anything you've ever said#~

For Sale: Almost new Petzl Snow Tube 100cm. $25 plus shipping CONUS

My project didn't work out as intended and a better option is available from Voile for a longer handle, just had to inquire.

I did a little sanding on the pointed end of the Snow Tube. It was meant to fit into a Grivel Steel Blade, but I cannot get the Snow Tube or a Petzl Ride Axe to fit. Anyway, the Grivel is hoaky af. The sanding removed very minimal material. The Snow Tube will function as new.