Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Praxis Protest 196 custom carbon skis mounted with G3 ION LT bingdings + G3 skins

Hello all,
    Selling this Pair of Custom Light stiff Carbon 196 Protests mounted with G3 ion light bindings
    -Skied less than 10 times
    -comes with G3 alpinist skins (also only used a handful of times)
    -2,700g (5.9 lbs, 5lbs 15oz) per ski (very light for the size and stiffness)
    -128 under foot (fatties)
    -Only one shallow scratch on one base.
    -mounted 2cm back from praxis recommended center (which is pretty forward)
    -I think bsl is 32, I can confirm this for interested parties
    -heal piece mounted twice
    -Looking for 700$

I recognize 700$ is a lot for a used ski, but the whole combo retails at almost 2,600$ and they are barely used. They are pretty special custom skis. If you do think this is too steep, make an offer and we will see what happens.
    Also, if you have bitcoins I will give a 50 dollar discount at current exchange rate.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	paxis protest.jpeg 
Views:	362 
Size:	312.0 KB 
ID:	200803   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1081.jpeg 
Views:	443 
Size:	318.9 KB 
ID:	200804   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1082.jpeg 
Views:	383 
Size:	300.0 KB 
ID:	200805   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1083.jpeg 
Views:	381 
Size:	334.9 KB 
ID:	200806   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1087.jpeg 
Views:	360 
Size:	311.7 KB 
ID:	200807  

Would you consider selling the skis flat?

I'll buy the skins.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Quote Originally Posted by m44230 View Post
    the whole combo retails at almost 2,600$
    How'd you figure?

$1300 for the skis without the annual Praxis sale. The bindings are easily available for $400 currently, but retail is $480. Skins are $180 (max).

Edit: not necessarily price policing, just saying it's a little misleading to quote a $2600 retail price, unless all prices are in CAD not USD...
    Last edited by auvgeek; 02-23-2017 at 04:43 PM.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Seems a solid deal for a one mount cherry setup. Looks sexy.

I could be interested in the bindings possibly if skibrd wants the skis.

Sounds like we have the skis, bindings and skins all divided up, any interest in selling them separate m44230?

I'd also take the bindings if Sean decides against

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    How'd you figure?

$1300 for the skis without the annual Praxis sale. The bindings are easily available for $400 currently, but retail is $480. Skins are $180 (max).

Edit: not necessarily price policing, just saying it's a little misleading to quote a $2600 retail price, unless all prices are in CAD not USD...
    To be fair, protest w/ UL core + carbon ring up at $1500 for me. Still comes up a bit short.

Interested in skis. Is the weight you give with the bindings, or skis flat?

hey all,
    sorry for the delay, was skiing out of computer reach for a few... and likely ill be again soon so if your in a hurry this may not come together for another week or so but anyway...
    -I priced it out a while ago so they may have changed and i might have rounded up... not trying to cheat anyone.
    -listed weight is with bindings.
    -Yes I would be willing to sell all separate. I will add a fee for the trouble of three shipments, dismount, ect. but how does splitting it like this sound to y'all:
    425 for skis- to skibird
    275 bindings- seanmells (or indyjones if not for sean)
    50 for skins- chugatchjed
    What do folks think? sound fair?

oh and I might be less than a week out of contact if that matters to y'all (weather dependent.)

Praxis Protest 196 custom carbon skis mounted with G3 ION LT bingdings + G3 skins

I'm going to have to pass and let Harpo have a shot at the skis. The current holes are not going to work with my BSL and bindings. Sorry guys. I guess I'll have to order a pair over the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by m44230 View Post
    hey all,
    sorry for the delay, was skiing out of computer reach for a few... and likely ill be again soon so if your in a hurry this may not come together for another week or so but anyway...
    -I priced it out a while ago so they may have changed and i might have rounded up... not trying to cheat anyone.
    -listed weight is with bindings.
    -Yes I would be willing to sell all separate. I will add a fee for the trouble of three shipments, dismount, ect. but how does splitting it like this sound to y'all:
    425 for skis- to skibird
    275 bindings- seanmells (or indyjones if not for sean)
    What do folks think? sound fair?
    Works for me.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

I am going to have to pass too. Too many skis right now, I have to get rid of some. Someone should jump on these skis. 196/stiff is not too much ski for this design.

Count me out as well. Sorry, but my local shop is running a sale on brand new Speed Radicals for $275 as well, I think we will probably just end up going with those.
    All yours indyjones.

i might be interested in the IONS.

Was somoene in front ?

Another question, these are the #5 flex? Stiff? I thought Praxis used to call #5 Extra Stiff and #4 Stiff, but that is not what the website says now, but I my recollection might be wrong. Someone jump on these before I add yet another pair of skis to my quiver.

For reference my #4 196 carbon wood veneer Woo 2.0's are 8.5 flat for the pair. So if you take out the weight of the bindings you are paying a 1+lbs weight penalty for a wider pair of boards with a similar design. There are many days in Tahoe when I would not mind paying that penalty on the up. /Please/ someone take these of m22430's hands.

hello all,
    I know some of you were in line for the broken up setup, but I am hesitant to break it up unless we have all pieces accounted for. so The offer still stands.
    700 for the whole setup
    or
    425 for skis- ? (harpo?)
    275 bindings- Indy jones? (or skidog)

we just need takers for all for me to go through with it or someone who is willing to buy the set up and split it themselves for resale. or someone who will take it as is.

Are leashes included with the IONs?

I'll still take the ions if split up

No I am definitely out on the skis. I am very happy with my Woos as my backcountry setup.

It's ridiculous to quote a full price as "retail" for Praxis skis on this board. If that's really what you paid that's your fault.

Having said that, $425 for them is a good price on a great ski. So, free bump!

May be interested in the skis. The stiffness is unclear. Is it a 4 or 5 stiffness?