Whisper ridge cat ski

Any of you folks have knowledge of this cat ops? Based out of Paradise UT.

Search is your friend. But sum it up. Same terrain as powder MTN. Same aspects basically. Mostly mellow. Would be great if you hit a storm day, but this time of year the sun's high and can bake their terrain quick. That all being said I have 2 or 3 friends that have been and have had a great time. Personally I can find better ways to spend my money for meadow skipping.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    anybody that thinks its "North Americas Backcountry Kingdom"
    probably aint never been to canada or ak
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

We looked into visit this winter, but there were some really bad reviews changed our minds.
    Not sure if $1,200 per person, per night is really worth it.
    I much rather go to Bald Face Lodge or Icefall Lodge.
    This place looks like Deer Valley of BC.

Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    We looked into visit this winter, but there were some really bad reviews changed our minds.
    Not sure if $1,200 per person, per night is really worth it.
    I much rather go to Bald Face Lodge or Icefall Lodge.
    This place looks like Deer Valley of BC.
    Derr Valley is steeper LOL

I've only heard good things from those who have been. Looks fun to me.

I also think pow mow is good time and has plenty of playful and exciting terrain. I guess I'm just not as hardcore as skidog.

So I did a day with them in late January. I cam away with a positive feeling and had a really good time. Yes, it is a new operation and they are still figuring out their terrain, but everyone was cool and tried really hard to give us a good day. Keep in mind this is really their first operating year.

So it's backcountry terrain. They don't do avalanche mitigation. You ski what is safe for the day.

There is some room for improvement. We had a few times where we waited longer than I would have liked at the bottom of runs for the cat. The runs are generally not too long. The terrain was fairly mild where we were.

It's not a resort powder day. Much more relaxed and mellow. We had great snow. I would have been less satisfied if the conditions were bad. We did ski untracked powder all day. That's what I came there for.

Did I get my $500 bucks worth? I think so. Was it the best ski day of my life? probably not. Was it a cool experience? Yes.

I was in one of the first groups through the new outfit. We had a bunch of new snow and avalanche danger was high so we were on more mellow terrain.

The guides are awesome, know their stuff, and know how to make the day fun and safe.

The organization had some logistical problems like losing luggage and planning meals.

I think there's a lot of potential but I would wait for them to figure their operation out a little better before committing.

Thanks for the intel everyone.