Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post
    Maybe the radioactive leakage explains why Green River grows such great melons.
    Could be. I do like how they have literal scarecrows scattered in their fields to help grow them, too.

Edit: that's a dead crow nailed to a post, they don't use fake scarecrows.

Name:  GR2.png
Views: 1149
Size:  723.1 KB
    Last edited by muted; 12-21-2020 at 09:08 PM.

Some how I have been in and even worked in more than half the places listed in the following websites and wasn't creeped out by any of them.
    https://www.legendsofamerica.com/co-denverghosts/
    https://theknow.denverpost.com/2017/...s-2017/159937/
    https://www.coloradohomesmag.com/9-r...s-in-colorado/

But then there is this place.

In 1893, high school classes were established in two rooms of the Grant school (now Grant Middle School). By 1907, an addition was required because of overcrowding. In January 1925, there were 800 students in the senior high school section and more space was desperately needed. A bond issue was voted into effect in October 1925, and funds for a new school were raised. The cost of construction was $1,252,000; the building was intended to last a century. Denver South officially separated from Grant in fall 1926.
    South High School was designed by the architectural firm of Fisher & Fisher in the time's popular Romanesque style. Sculptor Robert Garrison created many of the building's adornments, including the 3 foot (1 meter) tall gargoyle above the building's main entrance; this symbolic protector of South was inspired by a gargoyle at the Italian Cathedral of Spoleto. On either side of the main entrance, bas-relief figures of teachers hold in their hands creatures representing examinations who are attempting to devour students. On the door are friezes of Faculty Row (a scene resembling the Last Supper, with the principal in the center).[4]
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	denver south 2.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	625.0 KB 
ID:	354248
    Although there are some differences, South's Clock Tower is thought to be a replica of the one at Santa Maria in Cosmedin. After the tower's original roof deck began to leak, a State Historical Fund grant was secured to replace the roof and update the electrical work.

Name:	denver south clock.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	434.0 KB 
ID:	354247
    The red arrow points near a chimney like shaft that goes down into the sub basement.

The shaft goes to a chamber with a steel door that's about 4' tall by 3' wide. Some how geese land on the roof and fall into the shaft. 9 floors by time they hit the sub basement. From there, they get to see the light at the top of the shaft, while they are eaten by bugs and die of dehydration. A pretty bad way to die.

But that isn't the scary part...
    Last edited by exsparky; 12-22-2020 at 11:18 AM.

I have been in a lot of schools with "cooling rooms." These are various forms of solitary confinement. Some look like offices without furniture, some are clearly padded rooms. I do not care for them at all but these don't creep me out. But what was in the basement did, a lot.

From there I walked from basement to sub basement from various additions. The layout is confusing and the elevation changes constantly.

The one constant is darkness, nobody wants to be down there to fix the lights, so most don't work. You bring a flash light, usually two.

It goes from storage room to grungy hall way to dirt to stone to concrete to...

A normal looking hallway in the sub basement with lockers and everything, a clone of the upstairs but dark. Posters on the walls from years ago, untouched and dirty. Then there are some classrooms. I entered the dark classrooms and saw at first, normalcy with a lot of dust. Ancient calendars on the walls, pictures from the students, a teachers name on the wall but everything was very elementary. Then I see there aren't desks. They have machines, they have chairs with straps, they have devices to contain people, to transport them. I realized, they kept children with problems in the sub basement.

Name:  school bw.jpg
Views: 915
Size:  80.1 KB
    Name:  school bw2.jpg
Views: 614
Size:  26.8 KB

I never took any pictures but the images still haunt me. I think the codes changed and it was no longer legal to keep people in the basement for "school" and the whole thing was abandoned, decades ago.

But when the bell rings and students went from class to class, I could hear them above me and it seemed like I could hear ghosts of the children.

Quote Originally Posted by exsparky View Post
    I have been in a lot of schools with "cooling rooms." These are various forms of solitary confinement. Some look like offices without furniture, some are clearly padded rooms. I do not care for them at all but these don't creep me out. But what was in the basement did, a lot.

From there I walked from basement to sub basement from various additions. The layout is confusing and the elevation changes constantly.

The one constant is darkness, nobody wants to be down there to fix the lights, so most don't work. You bring a flash light, usually two.

It goes from storage room to grungy hall way to dirt to stone to concrete to...

A normal looking hallway in the sub basement with lockers and everything, a clone of the upstairs but dark. Posters on the walls from years ago, untouched and dirty. Then there are some classrooms. I entered the dark classrooms and saw at first, normalcy with a lot of dust. Ancient calendars on the walls, pictures from the students, a teachers name on the wall but everything was very elementary. Then I see there aren't desks. They have machines, they have chairs with straps, they have devices to contain people, to transport them. I realized, they kept children with problems in the sub basement.

Name:  school bw.jpg
Views: 915
Size:  80.1 KB
    Name:  school bw2.jpg
Views: 614
Size:  26.8 KB

I never took any pictures but the images still haunt me. I think the codes changed and it was no longer legal to keep people in the basement for "school" and the whole thing was abandoned, decades ago.

But when the bell rings and students went from class to class, I could hear them above me and it seemed like I could hear ghosts of the children.
    Scariest story yet

3rd floor bathroom.

This is my new favorite thread.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    lololol
    I’m still laughing.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

St. Louis, MO, I'm 19 driving from Colorado to Ohio for Christmas. 2 am I pull into a rest stop to sleep a couple hours. About 3am I wake up to two dudes with crowbars breaking into my 4Runner. I am in my bag in the back jump up honk the horn while putting the keys in the ignition and getting the fuck out of there, woke me up enough to drive the rest the way.

Creepiest by far was Gunnison CO. At this point I have been living in the truck for 5 or 6 years, got my system down. Go find a bar, talk up the bartender for a good place to camp....etc. I get the beta and head southwest out of town on some dirt road. About 10 miles out I come over the crest of a hill to two dudes in big ass trucks with shot guns. The minute they see me they throw their guns in their trucks and start to chase me. I speed up but I'm just driving further away from town on a narrow ass road at a scary speed. After about a mile I realize I either stop and take my chances or will most likely have a serious wreck and die anyway. So I give up and stop. They box me in, get out, guns drawn and tell me to get out of the truck. This is before cell phones, I have no weapon. Dude one gives me the WTF are you doing speech, how it is dangerous to speed on this road, some guys has been terrorizing people on the road blah blah blah. I tell them I've never been on the road and was only speeding to get the fuck away from them. After yelling at me for 20 minutes they let me go as long as I agree to go back the way I came. I have not been back to Gunnison since.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Blast furnace division of Great Lakes Steel on Zug Island in the Detroit River was pretty weird when I worked there. Black from coal, red from iron ore, orange flames from the coke ovens and blast furnaces, weird smells, and very old steel and iron buildings and machines.
    Nothing like a shitty job to motivate you to do better.

I wonder if I can ship my teenager there for a month or two
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by easyrdr View Post
    St. Louis, MO, I'm 19 driving from Colorado to Ohio for Christmas. 2 am I pull into a rest stop to sleep a couple hours. About 3am I wake up to two dudes with crowbars breaking into my 4Runner. I am in my bag in the back jump up honk the horn while putting the keys in the ignition and getting the fuck out of there, woke me up enough to drive the rest the way.

Creepiest by far was Gunnison CO. At this point I have been living in the truck for 5 or 6 years, got my system down. Go find a bar, talk up the bartender for a good place to camp....etc. I get the beta and head southwest out of town on some dirt road. About 10 miles out I come over the crest of a hill to two dudes in big ass trucks with shot guns. The minute they see me they throw their guns in their trucks and start to chase me. I speed up but I'm just driving further away from town on a narrow ass road at a scary speed. After about a mile I realize I either stop and take my chances or will most likely have a serious wreck and die anyway. So I give up and stop. They box me in, get out, guns drawn and tell me to get out of the truck. This is before cell phones, I have no weapon. Dude one gives me the WTF are you doing speech, how it is dangerous to speed on this road, some guys has been terrorizing people on the road blah blah blah. I tell them I've never been on the road and was only speeding to get the fuck away from them. After yelling at me for 20 minutes they let me go as long as I agree to go back the way I came. I have not been back to Gunnison since.
    Was this in 99? South of town... kind of by Hartman Rocks? Well between there and by the red arrows in the image. There are 2 trails from there to the Hartman's.

I have a few hours of camcorder video in my safe. Maybe I can youtube it and upload it.

Name:	south of hartman.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	144.7 KB 
ID:	355400

Quote Originally Posted by exsparky View Post
    Was this in 99? South of town... kind of by Hartman Rocks? Well between there and by the red arrows in the image. There are 2 trails from there to the Hartman's.

I have a few hours of camcorder video in my safe. Maybe I can youtube it and upload it.

Name:	south of hartman.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	144.7 KB 
ID:	355400
    Yep that is the road

A supermarket in Waynesville, N.C. right after I got really stoned.

Quote Originally Posted by easyrdr View Post
    Yep that is the road
    He gonna put video of him n his crazy ass redneck friends chasing some poor dude in a hi speed chase down the road shootin guns at him

Quote Originally Posted by dannynoonan View Post
    He gonna put video of him n his crazy ass redneck friends chasing some poor dude in a hi speed chase down the road shootin guns at him
    Way better than that but no guns. I think I have it on a usb, I can do screen caps from that. Next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Man, We were headed from UVM to Plattekill for a collegiate mountain bike race probably 07-08ish. We pull through some small ass town late at night, and it was right as service let out on friday night for all the hasidic jewish folks. there was a strange fog in the are and all of a sudden we start seeing all these full garb hasidic jews walking around. Not creepy, just the whole experience was just very suprising. After that we rolled into an old motel with weird gnome images on the walls, still decorated and smelling like the 1970s.
    just weird vibes all around.
    That area of the Catskills would be my first call. The people look...strange. When you drive through the half deserted shells of what were once charming little towns you see a lot of strange people.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BC13 View Post
    That area of the Catskills would be my first call. The people look...strange. When you drive through the half deserted shells of what were once charming little towns you see a lot of strange people.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    We’ve got 70+ pages discussing those places in the Upstate thread.
    I still call it The Jake.

Tacoma was rather shocking to our Canukistanian sensibilities. Strolling from our accomodation (to get some mexican food) in the space of about 3 blocks we passed numerous closed business, an entire shuttered motel (that was well populated by squatters), tent encampments, many sketchy looking folks. Weirdest place I've been in a while. But man the food and service was great at the restaurant, quite worth running the gauntlet.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!