Thread: Take Off OE Parts Resale: how much of a price hit

Take Off OE Parts Resale: how much of a price hit

Pretty self explanatory, if I'm taking off some parts from a brand new bike and trying to resell them to afford some different stuff what kind of hit am I gonna take off say he lowest available non shady online price....
    Specifically a RS Lyrik 29 160 RC
    And RS monarch plus debonair rc3

---just pontificating a bike purchase and some customizations and upgrades etc.

Thanks guys
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Lyrik will sell for 500-600
    Monarch will sell for 200-275 but harder to sell.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

I do this a lot, and I find that 10-20% under the lowest "findable" online price is pretty standard and leads to a fairly quick sale. I don't pay any attention to eBay prices from Chinese sellers, but I typically look at places like Jenson, CRC, and Backcountry to establish what's fair.

I think suspension is a little different though, since the warranty (that doesn't transfer with a 3rd party sale) is a pretty big deal. I'd say something closer to 25-30% off new prices is more appropriate.

Yeah that's kind of what I figured. I guess then the question is , is it worth it:

I'm a fox fanboy, my factory float 36 rc2 with hsc lsc on my blue lt is one of my favorite pieces of gear of all time, burly but smooth(imo), takes anything and the float x I've demoed on a few bikes, so how do they compare, I guess I'm just negative biased about rockshox because I'm old and remember when it seemed like rockshox was the gear on crappy bikes...
    would be going on a niner rip9 rdo full xt...hmmm
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

I think the Lyric and the Monarch Plus are both going to feel pretty awesome. But then again, I see the fanboi viewpoint from people who are always wondering if they should have "married that other girl".

I go to eBay for all value estimates. Search for the item, then filter your results to only show SOLD LISTINGS. It'll give you an idea for what they actually sell for, and also give you an idea for whether there's a market for the item.
    This one sold for $435 shipped a couple days ago:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/LN-RockShox-...sAAOSwfVpYpK2A
    My search for Rockshox Lyrik 29 shows 6 sold since December 1, and the RCT3 obviously getting more money.
    The shock might be a little trickier because of sizes. Looks like about $250-300 shipped. Fingers crossed you're looking at a common size.
    I think Steve does it the right way. Sell it for less than what's out on the interwebz to hook up a mag or someone local. Move it quick, move it good, move on.
    However many are in a shit ton.

I paid $250 for a new 8.5x2.5 monarch RC3 takeoff, this time last year on ebay, free shipping. Was the best price I could find, was watching auctions for a bit.

BTW, I think you'll find the Rockshox stuff is pretty solid performing and probably more reliable than FOX. And I've generally disliked RS/SRAM since gripshift, sachs quartz, and all their garbage forks in the late 90's to early 00's. I'd still be running Marzocchi if they had stayed in Italy, but now I've got a Pike and Monarch that seem to work well so far.
    Last edited by Damian Sanders; 02-20-2017 at 02:39 PM.

Everyone knows you are a Luddite.

You guys find it easier to move drivetrain take-offs? Looking at a new bike with SRAM stuff and I prefer to have Shimano on all my bikes because reasons.

Would be selling X1 rear mech/shifter, 10-42 cassette and chain as well as Guide RS brakes/rotors. I hope that stuff is pretty easy to move for 10-20% under the best CRC/German prices... which would have me about break-even swapping to XT.

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    You guys find it easier to move drivetrain take-offs? Looking at a new bike with SRAM stuff and I prefer to have Shimano on all my bikes because reasons.

Would be selling X1 rear mech/shifter, 10-42 cassette and chain as well as Guide RS brakes/rotors. I hope that stuff is pretty easy to move for 10-20% under the best CRC/German prices... which would have me about break-even swapping to XT.
    I have done it a few times, I found any saving of like 40 plus dollars to usually do the trick. With such small ticket items, percentage don't work quite as well as well as the perception of the money value. Generally people are happy with saving 40 plus bucks on anything whether it was 100 or 300 or 500.