Solomon Warden toe height slipping?

Got some Wardens I use with Dynafit Mercuries, and the first half of the season no issues, now there is a little vertical play. Cranked em down a little like other AT bindings I've had, and it seemed to work, but by the end of the day there was some play again. Whats the deal?

Quote Originally Posted by milestogo View Post
    Got some Wardens I use with Dynafit Mercuries, and the first half of the season no issues, now there is a little vertical play. Cranked em down a little like other AT bindings I've had, and it seemed to work, but by the end of the day there was some play again. Whats the deal?
    Same challenge here on a toe piece with a BD touring boot this weekend.

Ive noticed it with AT boots but never with DIN boot soles. That leads me to believe its the boot sole not the binding. Basically when they designed the sole of a a Mercury they didn't engineer the rubber work in alpine style clamps. The rubber is compressing.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

all AT boots are rubber which will compress but the mercury/ vulcans have 4 grey discs on the sole to help deal with AT bindings
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    all AT boots are rubber which will compress but the mercury/ vulcans have 4 grey discs on the sole to help deal with AT bindings
    Beat me to it.

One thing I read somewhere is to measure the gap with skier in the boots, boots in the bindings and leaning back. Thoughts?

Beat me to it.

One thing I read somewhere is to measure the gap with skier in the boots, boots in the bindings and leaning back. Thoughts?
    Try setting them like you have been then give it a half turn more. I feel play with alpine boots set "properly" but adjust that out.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

I had this happen with Dalbello Lupos, so not AT boots. I eventually gave up on the Solly's and put Rossi's on. My suspicion was some sort of boot toe interface incompatibility, but who knows. Anyone want to buy a pair? Used three times, DIN to 13, rad orange color .

Beat me to it.

I find that AT boots in a frame binding will pre-release in a G-out situation like into a dip at speed where I know that I didnt do any thing wrong but I've clicked out, if i'm quick sometimes I can stomp it back in on the go !

my theory is that the plastic of an alpine DIN sole is the perfect material becuz it does not compress, it is very slippery especialy when wet so it kinda sucks to walk in

BUT rubber in an AT boot sole is by definition a friction material to aid in walking so its better to walk in but the binding doesn't want to release that material like it does with plastic so I don't want to have a binding too tight,

also rubbber compresses and then it has to give back that energy, i think thats what causes the pre-release

So it doesn't matter what I can measure I am still falling out SO I set my bindings for an AT boot with minimum clearance no binds and I turn the heels only up one extra DIN ...seems to work for me

but it sounds more like what is happening to the OP is taht his binding adj screws are backing off

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    it sounds more like what is happening to the OP is taht his binding adj screws are backing off
    Thanks for the clarification--that is exactly what is happening.

Both toes?

sounds like you need to get some kind of thread lock in the adj screw threads?

Not familiar with that binding but you always wana be cafreful of anything that can eat plastic

plumber's teflon tape is always a good non plastic melting thread locker option

or are they new enough to get warranty?

I guess its totally possible, Vibra-tite makes good plastic safe thread locker.

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by telechuck View Post
    I had this happen with Dalbello Lupos, so not AT boots. I eventually gave up on the Solly's and put Rossi's on. My suspicion was some sort of boot toe interface incompatibility, but who knows. Anyone want to buy a pair? Used three times, DIN to 13, rad orange color .
    Shoot me a pm on price/ brake width. Didn't realize they came in a orange.